Boasting seven virtual effects and instrument plugins
Cherry Audio have announced the release of their latest effects plugins, the Rackmode Signal Processors.
What you need to know:
- Cherry Audio have announced the release of their latest effects plugins, the Rackmode Signal Processors.
- Rackmode is a bundle of seven virtual effects and instrument plugins which replicate the classic hardware Signal Processors Moog released in the ‘70s and ’80s.
- The eight Rackmode Signal Processor plugins include: Vocoder, Phaser, Ring Modulator, String Filter, Frequency Shifter, Graphic EQ, Parametric EQ.
Read all the latest product news here.
Rackmode is a bundle of seven virtual effects and instrument plugins which replicate the classic hardware Signal Processors Moog released in the ‘70s and ’80s.
Moog wanted to further their position in the studio space and their Signal Processors family of rack-mounted products was their way to do it which featured the 16 Channel Vocoder, 12 Stage Phaser, and the 10-Band Graphic and Three-Band Parametric EQs.
Originals of those products were popular in studio use among the likes of John Carpenter and Genesis, but have grown increasingly rare nowadays.
If you were able to get your hands on one or currently own one, a pretty penny would certainly be fetched!
As is the case with any recreation of older products, Cherry Audio have expanded these effects with additional features “aimed at today’s music producers”, including presets, LFOs, stereo processing, and full Apple Silicon M1 native support.
These effects still ooze authenticity though as they capture not only the deep sounds and capabilities of the original Signal Processor line, but also the elegant look and heritage of the rack-mounted enclosures.
The eight Rackmode Signal Processor plugins that Cherry Audio have released are the first to recreate such hardware and include:
- Rackmode Vocoder – instrument and effects versions.
- Rackmode Phaser – Based upon the definitive 12-stage original known for its lush, sweeping textures.
- Rackmode Ring Modulator – Based on Moog’s Harald Bode Ring Modulator with Squelch control.
- Rackmode String Filter – This effect utilises filter arrays that mimic acoustic string instruments, drawing from the rare system created by Moog’s Custom Engineering Group.
- Rackmode Frequency Shifter – Mixes two external inputs or side chains a single input with its own built-in oscillator. The Frequency Shifter creates colourful, often metallic effects by modifying the ratio of incoming frequency components.
- Rackmode Graphic EQ – 10 selectable frequency bands with Drive and Gain controls, capable of creating exotic effects when used with other instruments and effects.
- Rackmode Parametric EQ – Three bands for sculpting Low, Mid, and High-frequency ranges.
This line was made in collaboration with award-winning synth designer and DSP legend Mark Barton (MRB), who modelled the circuit-precise emulations based on the original rack-mounted hardware.
Cherry Audio are currently offering a special price and are available now.
For more information, head to Cherry Audio.