DIGITAL MARKETING ASSISTANT – ROLAND AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
If you’ve been fanging for a gig where you can chat smack about drum machines and synths all day, here’s your calling: Roland Australia are seeking a young marketing gun to join the team and help with their digital marketing strategy for 2020.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a creative flair
- Play at least one musical instrument, but have a very good all-round knowledge of drums, guitar, piano/keys, synthesizers and electronic dance music
- An understanding of different marketing channels (eg YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Blog) and how to use them
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects; self-motivated and can work unsupervised and meet strict deadlines
- Reliable, proactive “whatever it takes” attitude
- Videography skills would be seen as advantageous, as would bilingual ability
- Assist in the creation, editing, publishing and promoting of content on Roland’s social media channels and blog
- Assist in the roll out global promotions on a local level to the required standards and possibly help out with digital marketing in some Asian countries
- Plan a variety of different highly targeted campaigns, measure the results and make suggestions for further improvement
Interested? You should be – it’s a killer entry level gig. Apply here.
PUBLICIST – GOOD INTENT (Sydney)
If you want to dip your toes into the wild world of PR, these might be a neat one for you – Good Intent are looking for a new Publicist to join their Sydney offices. With a roster boasting the likes of Bag Raiders, Gyroscope, Kim Churchill and RedHook, you’ll have a lot of fun at this agency.
- Minimum 1 year of music industry experience
- Entry-level music business course a bonus but not essential
- Thorough understanding of our artists and the scenes and communities that exist around them
- Commitment to making an active contribution to the Company’s development and being an active member of the team
- Lateral thinker with the ability to problem solve
- Good humoured with the ability to communicate professionally with difficult people
- Patience to work well under pressure
- Prepare targeted media lists
- Send email pitches to media outlets
- Compile campaign reports
- Assist with the upkeep of all media lists across radio, online, print, playlists and TV
- Continually looking for new relevant outlets
- Going above and beyond to deliver our clients a premium service, while also developing a good friendship. There is an expectation to attend our artists performances that are local to Sydney
- Building personal relationships and friendships with media
Check out all the details and apply today via Pedestrian.
PUBLICIST – INERTIA MUSIC (Sydney)
Inertia are easily one of the best labels in Australia, and their roster is absolutely bonkers. They’re also some of our favourite people to deal with here at Mixdown! You should apply and become part of their Sydney based team.
- A passion and sound knowledge for independent music, an intimate knowledge of Inertia and [PIAS]’s artists and releases
- Excellent written communication skills
- Capacity to present to small and large groups on results and contribute as required to various brainstorming meetings
- Keen interest in creating unique content for social consumption, a sound understanding of graphic design is desired
- An active interest in the ever changing digital and social landscape, with a keen interest to seek and follow digital trends relating to the music and consumer audience
- Sharp organisational and time management skills
- Experience with Mailchimp, Promo Jukebox, AMRAP & AIR IT servicing, and various other industry relevant services
To apply, email [email protected] with your CV and a cover letter addressing the above criteria.
A&R MANAGER – GYROSTREAM (Sydney)
As well as being one of the country’s leading streaming distributor services, Gyrostream also operate as a PR and label firm. How crazy is that! They’re on the hunt for a talented music industry professional to join on as A&R Manager and help lead their team to greater prospects in our country’s little industry.
- You need to be bold, innovative and surprising.
- You’ll be a team player, at your best when working closely with other people, and always looking to improve your work and try new things.
- You need to know triple j’s young audience inside out and understand the issues that really matter to them, in a creative and engaging manner.
- You’ll be producing short form video, graphics, images and copy for Hack’s website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and more.
- You’ll use your quick wit and writing skills to identify the stories that matter to the audience and know how to roll them out creatively.
There’s a pretty extensive criteria to consider here, so we recommend checking out all aspects of the position on the ABC’s Careers website.
BREAKFAST PRODUCER – TRIPLE J (Sydney)
In a similar vein, there’s also a position available as the Breakfast Producer for Triple J’s early morning shift. This means you’ll be dealing with Like A Version, which is very, very cool.
- Experienced in crafting the sound and direction of a high profile program for a young audience
- Able to make quick decisions and guide the direction of a demanding daily program
- Super organised and able to plan programs and content far in advance
- Oversee and co-ordinate the content and sound of triple j’s Breakfast program to create compelling, entertaining and engaging radio
- Work with the breakfast team to maintain the program’s content across all platforms, including websites and social media
If you’re keen, check out the full criteria over at the ABC Careers website and follow the prompts to apply.
EVENTS PRODUCER – TRIPLE R (Melbourne)
One of Melbourne’s leading community radio stations, Triple R, is on the hunt for a talented and organised individual to join their Brunswick office and help coordinate events at the station.
- Available for work outside regular working hours
- Confident and encouraging personality
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high stress or live performance environment
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Dependable, accountable, and able to work autonomously
- Broadcasting experience
- Computer literate including web content maintenance skills
- Liaise with Content and Communications Coordinator and Sponsorship staff to ensure all events are well promoted on air and online
To apply, email your application to [email protected] with the subject “Events Producer application – your name”.
HEAD OF MUSIC – AUSTRALIAN COUNCIL FOR THE ARTS (Sydney)
Now this is a big one – the Australian Council For The Arts are accepting applications for a new Head of Music to take care of all affairs in their Sydney office. This is a major role with a lot of responsibility attached, and there’s every chance you could create some serious positive change in the music industry if succesful.
- Exceptional understanding of and commitment to the Australian music industry
- High level relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the music industry
- Established and credible professional networks in the music industry
- Proven experience in capturing information from data sources to achieve strategic outcomes
- Committing to a deep and ongoing engagement with the Australian music sector to stay abreast of and influence emerging and long-term opportunities and issues
- Assuming custodianship of a constantly evolving body of analysis, research and sector intelligence to inform the Australia Council’s investment, advocacy and activities
- Being a powerful ambassador and advocate to stakeholders including the industry, government and the public
To access the position description and apply, follow the link here.