“These no-nonsense instruments embody style and playability like no other”
Gretsch has unveiled their Electromatic Collection with the Classic Hollow Bodies to be released today, and their Jet and Lap Steel models to be available on March 31.
What you need to know:
- Gretsch has unveiled their Electromatic Collection with the Classic Hollow Bodies to be released today, and their Jet and Lap Steel models to be available on March 31.
- The Classic Hollow Body range consists of five models.
- A further six models will be released on March 31 with five Jet models and a Lap Steel.
Read all the latest product news here.
The Classic Hollow Body range consists of five models:
- Single-cut with a Bigsby.
- Left-handed single-cut without a Bigsby.
- Double-cut 12-string with gold hardware.
- Double-cut with Bigsby and gold hardware.
- Left-handed double-cut with gold hardware.
All Classic Hollow Bodies boast a laminated maple body with vintage-inspired perimeters and refined arches, and all-new trestle block bracing, all-new FT-5E Filter’Tron pickups, Graph Tech NuBone nuts, Adjusto-Matic bridges with a secured laurel base, and versatile upgraded controls including master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls for bridge and neck, and three-position pickup toggle switch.
The single-cuts and the 12-string feature an all-new Classic “C”-shaped maple neck with a 12”-radius laurel fingerboard, with pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail and Hump Block inlays respectively.
Each model sports a smaller late ‘50s G6120 bound headstock, with all but the 12-string containing vintage-style open-back tuning machines.
“These models provide essential Gretsch power, style, and performance, whether on the big stage, or in the comfort of your own home,” Gretsch said.
“Inspired by the classic sounds of the ‘50’s & ‘60’s, these no-nonsense instruments embody style and playability like no other.”
A further six models will be released on March 31 with five Jet models (Baritone with V-Stoptail and with a Bigsby, Single-cut with V-Stoptail in both right and left hand, Junior Short-Scale Bass) and a Lap Steel, but we’ll drop more specs and details when they’re available.