JUNKEE MEDIA – EXECUTIVE LIFESTYLE EDITOR (SYDNEY)
Junkee Media is looking for a full-time executive lifestyle editor to join its custom publishing team based in Surry Hills. Junkee Media owns and operates Australia’s leading youth titles, including flagship pop culture site Junkee; music sites inthemix and FasterLouder; and custom publishing sites AWOL and The Cusp. This is your chance to join a results-driven team to help launch Australia’s newest executive lifestyle title.
Source, write and commission timely, accurate and inspiring executive lifestyle content in an intelligent, confident and aspirational tone of voice
Commission, sub-edit, proof and publish content via the prescribed CMS
Set and execute functional content calendars
Manage a team of freelance contributors and budgets
Social pushes and image selection
Represent the title, Junkee Media and oOh! at all levels in front of the stakeholders at all levels
Editorial and budget reporting
Data analysis and insight development
A Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communication, Arts or English
At least three years’ working in a travel editor position or similar
Portfolio of published work with demonstrated ability to amplify content across social media
Experience managing people, time and budgets
Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac operation
Passion for and interest in local and international travel, new technologies and communications platforms
An understanding of, and alignment with, Junkee Media’s Vision, Purpose and Core Values
If this sounds like you send cover letter and CV with the subject line “Lifestyle Editor” to [email protected] by Friday March 17.
SOUTHERN CROSS AUSTEREO – CREATIVE WRITER (SYDNEY)
Southern Cross Austereo is a progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. SCA is dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australian’s through our Radio, TV and Digital channels. Working at SCA is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
- Have between 3-4 years of experience writing radio advertising or a copywriting background – agency experience would be a plus.
- Be able to remain calm and creative under pressure, managing fast turnaround times on briefs whilst still delivering exceptional creative.
- Have outstanding organisational skills and be able to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Adapt well to the ever-changing demands of our Sales teams and the radio advertising market in general
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills coupled with an ability to deal with staff and clients at all levels
- Be proactive in your solutions and work ethic
- Mentor and develop tomorrow’s creative stars
- Experience with video, online, and TV would be an asset
If this sounds like you then get your application in here by Wednesday March 15.
UNIVERSAL MUSIC AUSTRALIA – SENIOR SYNCHRONISATION MANAGER (SYDNEY)
UMA are seeking a Senior Synchronisation Manager to join the Business Development / Licensing team of their Sydney office. Reporting to the Creative Services Director and General Manager – Business Development, this role will be responsible for the management of the synchronisation business, master use and clearance of projects, including follow up with repertoire owners and third parties, and all other licensing usages of Universal Music sound recordings and videoclips.
- Developing opportunities to drive revenue across new business channels.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, artist management and external business partners to deliver new business objectives and requirements of requests.
- To plan and execute necessary strategies to ensure that annual revenue targets are achieved across the many sectors of the department.
- Researching and substantiating rights of tracks requested for proposed uses
- Provide quotations on synchronisation master use requests and negotiation of commercial terms including liaison with:
- Music Supervisors
- Music Clearance Houses
- Advertising Agencies (e.g. Clemenger BBDO)
- Television Networks (e.g. Seven Network)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Music industry and licensing experience preferred
If this sounds like you then head over here to apply today.