Roland have announced the forthcoming launch of the SH-4d, their new desktop synthesizer.
What you need to know:
- Roland have announced the soon to be launched SH-4d, a desktop synthesizer.
- It boasts 11 oscillator types, which promise to allow users to create range of classic and modern sounds, a multi-timbral sequencer, and a vast array of on-board effects.
- The SH-4d will be available to purchase in March 2023.
Read all the latest gear news here.
Roland have announced the release of the SH-4d Synthesizer, a desktop powerhouse with hands-on workflow and deep synthesis tools for designing both vintage and forward thinking sounds.
Users will be able to create spontaneous musical moments with 11 OSC Models, a multitimbral pattern sequencer, extensive effects, and plenty of polyphony. Featuring a loaded panel, dynamic controls, motion recording, and more, there is a great deal of potential to craft evolving sounds and compositions. Equally suited for studio, stage, and traveling, the SH-4d looks to be an extremely versatile synth.
Eleven OSC Models put a diverse range of sound-making power at your command, from vintage analog synths andPCM-based sounds to cutting-edge digital tones. There’s a flexible drum synthesizer too, with rich tone-shaping capabilities for creating custom kits from scratch.
Must know features:
- Compact desktop synthesizer with professional sound design tools, intuitive hands-on workflow, and onboard pattern sequencer
- Eleven OSC Models cover everything from vintage analog and classic PCM tones to cutting-edge digital textures
- OSC Models include the new SH-4d native engine, Wavetable, Cross FM, JUNO-106, SH-101, and more
- Four independent synth parts and a dedicated rhythm part with up to 60 voices of total polyphony*
- Rhythm part with selectable waveforms, powerful synthesis controls, layering capability, and more for individual sound design per instrument
- Fully loaded direct-access panel with 32 knobs, four sliders, and a massive array of buttons
- Top-level interface workflow reconfigures the LCD and panel controls for the Model or performance mode to eliminate menu diving and creative slowdowns
- Dedicated Filter, Amplifier, and LFO sections with comprehensive controls
- Advanced Matrix for modulating multiple assignable parameters
- Button keyboard with a two-plus octave range for self-contained music creation
- Multitimbral sequencer with 128 patterns, real-time recording, two step-entry modes, and motion recording
- Probability and sub step settings per note for tones and rhythm parts in pattern sequences
- Unique D-Motion and Visual Arpeggio for creating performance effects by physically moving the SH-4d
- Extensive onboard sound processing with MFX for each Tone plus global MFX, reverb, chorus, delay, and more
- USB-C audio/MIDI interface and 5-pin MIDI I/O
- Clock input for synchronizing with modular synths and other Roland gear
- Stereo 1/4-inch audio outputs and headphones jack
- 3.5 mm stereo audio input for mixing other synths such as AIRA Compact and Roland Boutique instruments
- Rugged portable design powered by batteries or USB-C
Head to Roland for more information.