The Mod 11 allows for users to flick between a wide range of modulated sounds, ranging from classic Vibrato and Tremolo modes to wonky Flangers and Pitch Shifted tones. It includes tap tempo which is controlled by the built-in footswitch or an external one, while a Momentary mode allows you to switch in and out of effects seamlessly for a super quick textural accent.
As well as presenting the typical rate, colour and depth controls you’d expect from any good modulation unit, the EHX Mod 11 also gives users access to “hidden” paramters through its secondary knob mode, giving you extensive control over your sounds. This can be used to great effect to achieve crazy seasick tones and synth-like LFO wobbles, making the Mod 11 a powerful addition to any pedalboard.
Check out all eleven modulation types offered by the EHX Mod 11 below.
- TREM – Tremolo modulates your signal’s volume. Selectable modes allow your playing envelope to control modulation rate or depth.
- HARM– Harmonic tremolo. The signal is split into high and low frequency bands and modulated between the two. Selectable modes allow your playing envelope to control modulation rate or depth.
- VIBR – Vibrato modulates your instrument’s pitch. Selectable modes allow your playing envelope to control modulation rate or depth.
- UNI – pays homage to the classic Univibe. Includes “Chorus” and “Vibrato” modes plus added overdrive
- CHORUS – Warbling, doubling, chorus effect like the EHX Small Clone. Extra modes include tri-chorus and bass chorus effects
- ROTARY – Rotary speaker cabinet simulation. Extra functionality includes overdrive plus envelope control over rotation speed
- FLANGE – Flanging with modes for both additive and subtractive flanger. Multiple LFO shapes, including envelope follower
- TZF – Through Zero Flanger. A flanger effect that crosses through the “zero point” of the sweep where the modulated delayed signal meets back with the dry signal. Modes for both additive and subtractive flanger, plus barber-pole flanger
- PHASE – Choose from 4, 6, or 8 stage phaser. Multiple LFO shapes including envelope follower
- PITCH – Modulated pitch shifter. Select your main pitch shift and modulate around it. Extra functionality includes a dry blend and stepped pitch modes
- FILT – Modulated filter effects like those on classic analog synths. Low Pass, High Pass and Band Pass. Multiple LFO shapes available including a Q-Tron style envelope follower
Head to the Electro-Harmonix website to find out more about the EHX Mod 11 today.