The Royal Australian Mint is releasing their second limited-edition run of coins in tribute of the rock icons
The Royal Australian Mint is releasing the second limited-edition coin set in their AC/DC collection trilogy to celebrate the 45th anniversary of their five-times-platinum-selling studio album, Let There Be Rock.
What you need to know:
- The Royal Australian Mint is releasing the second limited edition coin set in their AC/DC collection trilogy to celebrate the 45th Anniversary of Let There Be Rock.
- Each coin design is inspired by AC/DC albums to commemorate upcoming anniversaries.
- The limited-edition coins are available from the Mint’s online store at $110.
Keep up to date with the latest industry news here.
The Mint has produced a set of six 20-cent coins, shaped like mini vinyl records and come packaged in a vinyl sleeve.
Each design is inspired by AC/DC albums to commemorate upcoming anniversaries, including:
- 45th anniversary of Let There Be Rock (1977)
- 45th anniversary of Powerage (1978) in 2023
- 40th anniversary of Flick of the Switch (1983) in 2023
- 35th anniversary of Blow Up Your Video (1988) in 2023
- 15th anniversary of Black Ice (2008) in 2023
They are available to be purchased individually.
The Royal Australian Mint’s CEO, Leigh Gordon said “the Mint is thrilled to celebrate not one, but six massive milestones from one of the world’s most recognised bands. What better way to celebrate these anniversaries than with limited edition AC/DC coins that every AC/DC fan needs in their collection.”
The limited-edition coins are officially licensed AC/DC merchandise. They are available from the Mint’s online store at $110.
Head to Royal Australian Mint for more information or to purchase.