Music Publicist – Cooking Vinyl Australia
Home to some of the most exciting acts in the country and abroad, Cooking Vinyl Australia is an independent record company based in Melbourne. Their talented roster of artists include: Lucinda Williams, Modern Baseball, C Duncan, Santana, City and Colour, Bombino, Pity Sex, Richard Ashcroft, Billy Bragg, Beach Slang, Pup, Nahko and Medicine For The People, Parkway Drive, Basement and many more!
Coking Vinyl Australia is seeking a full-time publicist to join their team in Melbourne. This exciting and busy role will see you responsible for the exploitation of Cooking Vinyl’s artists across National, Regional and Community media.
- Creating, implementing and managing results driven strategic national publicity plans for both domestic and International releases.
- Develop and continually manage timelines for current and upcoming releases
- Liaising with media outlets for placement of cover stories, feature stories, music reviews, show reviews & promotions.
- Set up/facilitate in-person and phone interviews with artists and media outlets.
- Writing and disseminating Media Releases on selected Cooking Vinyl acts.
- Developing and managing relationships with artist management as well as key decision makers at all appropriate media outlets; print, radio, online.
- Compiling and delivering weekly progress reports.
Skills / experience required:
- Degree qualified in PR / Communications / Media or other related field with minimum 12 months post qualification experience.
- Superior relationship building skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Meticulously organised and a team player
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload.
- Current drivers license and own car.
- Love of a broad range of music – in particular a knowledge indie/alternative, alt country/americana would be looked upon favourably.
Sound like you? Hit up Janine Morcos here.
Research and Copyright Administrator – APRA AMCOS
APRA AMCOS’ joint objective is to ensure composers/songwriters and publishers are rewarded whenever, and wherever, their musical works are played, performed or reproduced and help Australian & New Zealand music consumers get access to the world’s musical repertoire.
Currently, the group are looking for a careful minded person to fill the role of Research and Copyright Administrator – Publishing Services in Sydney. The primary functions of the role are the processing of members’ registrations for published works of overseas origin whose ownership is subject to multiple claims, research relating to these registrations, analysis and processing of bulk work registration files received from publisher members and assisting Publisher Services Representatives in an administrative capacity.
- Process members’ registrations in a timely manner whose ownership is subject to multiple claims.
- Reduce the amount of works which are put into dispute due to conflicting publisher claims
- Resolving longstanding publisher disputes of high earning works in dispute or suspense
- Manage the dispute email account which is the first point of contact for publisher member dispute queries
- Organisation & timely processing of publisher bulk registration files (APRA + CWR)
- Assist other teams in Publisher Services by processing catalogue transfers and ADOF Reports
Skills/ experience required:
- Attention to detail and careful, methodical approach to work
- Strong research skills and inquisitive mind
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills professional customer service ethic
- General knowledge of popular music
- Sound mathematical ability
If you see yourself working in this role, email your cover letter and resume including two previous employer referee contacts to Gill Dunn.
Receptionist – Collarts
We all have to start somewhere don’t we? Collarts are currently seeking an experienced Receptionist to join the team in a full-time capacity in Melbourne. If you are enthusiastic, bubbly, passionate about music and able to prioritise in a busy and constantly changing environment, then this could be the role for you.
Set in a large old television studio, Collarts is a dynamic creative space full of energy, passion and opportunity. As the leading provider in Music and Entertainment industry education, Collarts is not only completely immersed in the current music community, we are defining the future music community and it looks pretty amazing.
- Customer service first and foremost
- Creating a dynamic, exciting and positive environment throughout Collarts
- Answering the main enquiry lines (email and phone), providing information and directing calls
- Daily duties such as photocopying, petty cash, invoices, management of staff records etc
- Stock-take of equipment
- Managing the instrument loan system
- Helping students to thrive within Collarts
Skills/ experience required:
- Have at least 2 years of customer service including front desk experience
- Have strong skills across word/excel/outlook and Mac operating systems
- Have previous administration, coordination and organisation experience
- Are able to prioritise in a very busy environment
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have a passion for music
- Are incredibly welcoming and can provide a positive experience at Collarts
- Have an excellent phone manner and strong communication skills
Ready to kickstart you career? Contact Selena at email@example.com.