Music Publicist – Hot Off The Press Publicity
Hot Off The Press Publicity is a specialist music industry and lifestyle PR firm based in Docklands, Melbourne. They work with some of the biggest names in the Australian and New Zealand music industry; promoting gigs, releases, festivals and events. They are looking for a permanent part-time publicist to join their close-knit team.
- Liaising with domestic and national media
- Maintaining excellent working relations with media, including local and national newspapers, magazines, radio, television and online
- Composing press releases and other editorial (as required)
- Developing unique and outstanding campaign strategies
- Creation of campaign assets and ongoing management
- Generating traction online within social media platforms
- Scheduling interviews, story pitching, development and meeting deadlines
- Compiling reports
- Maintaining media databases
- Other duties as set, including administration
If this sounds like you forward your CV, along with a cover letter detailing your claims against the selection criteria, plus an example of your writing to [email protected].
Australian Music Producer at triple j
If you genuinely love new Australian music, this is your dream job. Working across triple j Unearthed online and on air, you’ll hear the best emerging talent before anyone else. You’ll identify and shortlist music of all genres and sounds for airplay and competitions as well as manage and create content that appeals to music lovers as much as it does music makers.
- A genuine lover of new, independent Australian music
- Super organised and able to smash out work solo and as a larger crew
- Familiar with music programming and scheduling
- Experienced in working in media and understand the role triple j Unearthed plays in the Australia music industry
If this sounds like you click here to throw your hat into the ring.
Promotions Assistant – Caroline Australia
Caroline Australia is the label services arm of Universal Music, established just over 3 years ago to partner with independent artists and labels both locally and internationally. Reporting to the Caroline Australia Promotions Manager, the successful applicant will have a minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role in the music industry, and a proven track record in working on both the publicity and promotions aspects of indie music releases. This position is based in Universal Music Australia’s Sydney head office.
- Oversee the day to day running of all promotional aspects of Caroline artists, covering online, radio, print and artist relations.
- Create and implement innovative promotional plans for Caroline artists and releases in collaboration with Caroline National Promotions Manager.
- Plan and execute promotional strategies for the international and domestic artist roster across digital, print, community radio and more.
- Work closely with local label Spunk Records whose roster includes Mac DeMarco, Julien Baker, Spoon and Gold Class. Forthcoming schedule includes albums by Holly Throsby, Flowertruck, Nadia Reid and more.
- Artist relations responsibilities for onground promotional schedules.
- Write press releases and create other promotional material for international and domestic artists and releases
- Maintain a servicing schedule to ensure timely servicing of all releases to national media
If this sounds like you follow this link to submit your application.
Program Co-ordinator – Entertainment Manager at Collarts
The Australian College of the Arts (Collarts) has a position available for a suitably qualified and experienced Program Coordinator for its new Bachelor of Applied Business (Entertainment Management). The role, reporting to the Program Leader (Entertainment Management) and the Dean, provides subject and stream coordination for the Bachelor of Applied Business (Entertainment Management) – including management of sessional staff and student pastoral care and management.
- Hold a masters qualification in music, music industry or education; or a related field; or equivalent
- Have teaching experience in higher education programs;
- Have expert knowledge of the music and entertainment industries;
- Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess demonstrable experience in blended learning;
- Demonstrate ability to work professionally with students and teachers and
- Have the ability to undertake research and scholarship in the field of entertainment or music education
If this sounds like you, head here to apply now.
Music Producer – SBS Australia
SBS PopAsia is recruiting a Music Producer dedicated to building Australia’s number 1 Asian pop Radio Station, TV Show and Online destination. This is an excellent opportunity to lead the music programming strategy for SBS’ 24/7 Digital Radio Station and TV Show. You will be dedicated to engaging their audiences across Radio and TV and have an interest in or knowledge of Asian Pop.
- Experience in programming for a commercial radio format or equivalent.
- Knowledge of audio and music programming software.
- Be able to assist with daily production of content including promo creation, podcasting and daily shows.
If this sounds like you head here to apply now.