COMMUNITY PRODUCER – Triple J Unearthed (Melbourne)
Unearthed is triple j’s initiative to help discover new Australian music. It’s helped kick off the careers of thousands of musicians like Flume, Courtney Barnett, Gang of Youths, Tones And I and The Rubens. It’s a website where you’ll discover your new favourite music and it’s also where artists come to upload and share their own songs with fellow artists and music lovers. triple j Unearthed also has a full time digital radio station playing the very best music from triplejunearthed.com. They are looking for a talented producer to foster and build triple j Unearthed online relationships with the community of artists and registered users.
- An understanding of the aims and impact of triple j Unearthed, as well as its position in the Australian Music Industry.
- An understanding of, and experience with key social media platforms.
- A knowledge of online publishing tools, including basic html, content management systems, photo editing, as well as digital editing
- Demonstrated editorial skills in digital content production including writing articles and copy
- Proven ability to work as part of a team as well as under minimal supervision. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Organise, moderate and identify great new Unearthed talent from the community of artists, reviewers and triple j staff
- Create and share content through the triple j Unearthed social media platforms.
- Write articles and produce other content for the Unearthed website
- Communicate user feedback to the Unearthed team
- Moderate music, reviews and video and distribute to triple j staff
- On a weekly basis select gigs, reviews, videos and users to feature online
- Produce the weekly Unearthed newsletter
Keen? Of course you are. For more information and to submit an application, click here.
BRASS AND WOODWIND RETAIL SALES – Music Junction (Melbourne)
Music Junction is one of the oldest independent music retail businesses in Australia. Their stores are located in multiple states and proudly support local communities and schools. Their sales team consist of highly skilled and knowledgeable musicians. Joining the Music Junction team is to join a part of Australia’s music scene heritage.
- Retail sales experience
- Knowledge of Brass and/or Woodwind, Piano’s or Guitar products and/or playing experience
- Fluent Mandarin speaking is highly desirable.
- Other musical instrument playing experience would be a bonus
- Technical servicing ability of any of the above products would be a bonus
- Ensure customers have an exceptional experience.
- Musical Instrument Specialists build and maintain relationships by assisting customers in every step of the sales process.
- Demonstrate merchandise to customers and have the knowledge of product lines to best match customers with the correct products.
- Respond to and create specific instrument related calls to action via any communication means at their disposal; phone calls, social media, email etc.
- Work well within a team environment and will be expected to assist across all instrument departments as needed.
- Be able to service instruments or effectively liaise with our service team
Head over here to apply!
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT – White Sky Music (Melbourne)
White Sky is the largest music accounting services company in Australia. For over a decade they’ve been the industry leader, working with Australia’s biggest entertainment names, both on stage and behind the scenes. They are currently looking for a senior accountant to join their team!
- CA/CPA qualification.
- 5 years’ experience working in an accounting firm.
- A love of solving problems and impressing clients.
- An interest in music and the music industry is also a big advantage
- Completing tax returns, financial statements and other compliance matters for small music business clients.
- Training and reviewing the work of junior staff.
- Delegating and reviewing the work of offshore staff.
- New client meetings and onboarding.
Keen? Apply here!
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT – JMC Academy (Melbourne)
JMC Academy is one of Australia’s leading Creative Industries education providers, offering specialist Higher Education Degree programs in 3D Animation & Game Design, Film & Television, Audio Engineering and Sound Production, Entertainment Business Management, Music and Digital Design. They are seeking an Administration Assistant for a full time position to cover staff on maternity leave at their Melbourne campus located in South Melbourne.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in written and oral communication skills
- High accuracy when working with numbers
- Ability to work as part of a team with a strong spirit of co-operation
- Proven student administration skills
- Willingness to undergo a working with children check
- Previous experience working within an education setting using a Student Management System and a Learning Management System is highly advantageous but not essential
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring efficient workflow and accurate processing of student applications and enrolments
- Manage and update students’ database and ensure high level of confidentiality
- Data entry of student details into the student management system and maintenance of student files
- Monitor course progression of students in each trimester
- Creating, monitoring and following up on assessment schedule for each trimester
- Provides administrative support to teaching staff including printing, collation of documents, follow-up on queries
- Knowledge of learning management system
- Records student’s assessment results in student management system accurately
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Assisting with Graduation and promotional events or activities including Open Days
If this sounds up your alley, don’t dilly-dally, head over here to submit an application.