MUSIC AND EVENTS PUBLICIST – CALL & RESPONSE (Brisbane)
Focusing primarily on Australia’s electronic, hip-hop and RnB scenes, Call & Response are a dedicated Brisbane-based marketing company looking to hire a media-savvy go-getter to join their offices and helo bring hip-hop culture to the Australian mainstream.
- Be creative, collaborative, strategic, positive and enjoy being part of a small team. They will need to have a keen interest in local and global hip hop culture and a love for media in all its forms.
- Have a strong social media skillset.
- Have at least two years of relevant experience in public relations or media (music preferred but not essential)
- Be passionate about organisation, processes and communication with a strong attention to detail and willingness to work within and contribute to the company’s systems.
- Be an exceptional communicator and have excellent people management skills – whether this be at creating collateral, reporting to clients, communicating with the Director or delegating to staff.
- Be committed, loyal and excited about being on the growth journey of Call & Response and its valued clients.
- Be comfortable working in a small team and getting their hands dirty on administration or other tasks requested by the business to grow and operate efficiently.
- Have a strong knowledge and interest of media outlets both locally and internationally.
- Be prepared for “after work” commitments including attendance at shows and other industry events.
- Handle pressure, understand professionalism, be emotionally intelligent, be highly ethical, show loyalty, have a sense of humour, understand fun and expect the same returned to them from the business.
- Assist in developing the roster and finding new talent for our brand to work with.
- Assist in developing and expanding our media database.
- Manage publicity projects for national and international touring artists, album releases, festivals and more.
Hit the link here for all the details and start your application today.
ONLINE MANAGER – TURRAMURRA MUSIC (Sydney)
Turramurra Music is one of Australia’s leading musical instrument and professional audio suppliers selling a wide range of equipment to a variety of customers both in store and online. They’re currently on the hunt for a highly driven, self-motivated, experienced and passionate professional to oversee our online channels and lead their expanding online team to new levels of success.
- Proven experience (preferably 3-5+ years) in developing and maintaining e-commerce websites with demonstrated experience in leading others to deliver outstanding websites
- Proven ability to work under pressure to deliver to deadlines coupled with ability to effectively project manage teams and establish and implement relevant processes to drive efficiency to ensure team goals are achieved within set timeframes
- Strong leadership and relational skills with the ability to inspire others to work to their best and the ability to drive and engage a team around a vision to deliver outstanding results
- Vision and strategic thinking skills with a passion for driving and realising continuous improvement and business growth
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to work and think strategically and creatively and the ability to execute the finest detail with excellence
- A strong interest and hands on experience with a wide range of music gear and audio equipment through work in the music industry (retail or wholesale), or as an experienced player passionate about music gear
- Magento CMS platform (highly desirable)
- Ebay (highly desirable)
- SEO (highly desirable)
- Google Ads / shopping (highly desirable)
- Google Analytics (highly desirable)
- Microsoft Office – primarily Excel (highly desirable)
- Social media marketing (for bonus points)
- Graphic design (for bonus points)
- Manage, improve and maintain www.turramusic.com.au to enhance the online presence and deliver an outstanding online experience for customers to drive growth in online sales and support the overall growth of the business
- Oversee the catalogue of website listings including continually expanding the catalogue and ensuring the quality and accuracy of content to drive the delivery of the best online content in the industry
- Manage other online sales channels including Ebay to deliver an excellent and efficient experience and drive continued growth in select product areas through these channels
- Provide leadership to the Online Team, managing their day to day activities, developing and overseeing processes, and leading and supporting them to ensure the team is operating efficiently and is highly motivated to execute plans in a fast-paced environment
- Manage website related marketing activities including Google Ads and contribute to social media and other marketing activities as required to drive increased relevant online traffic
- Liaise with key stakeholders including external (web hosts, third party developers etc) and internal (other Product / Division Managers, Senior Leadership, other team members) as required to continue to improve the online experience and the delivery of online content to drive increased business
- Contribute to other store initiatives and activities as required to support the smooth day to day operation of the business
Keen? Hit up Turramurra Music’s job listing today to suss the details and get applying.
ADMIN AND SALES MANAGER – UNIVERSAL SCHOOL OF MUSIC (Melbourne)
Universal School of Music (USM) is searching for a fun, creative and super driven Administrative Sales Manager who is passionate about shaping the landscape for training and development of musicians, artists and entrepreneurs in the new music industry.
- Australian Citizen or permanent resident visa
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a fast paced sales & administration role
- Strong organizational skills and excellent time management skills
- Excellent knowledge in MS Excel, MS word and MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, warm and friendly phone manner
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Must have own car and valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated office administration and reception experience (preference given to prior experience in law firm);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet right deadlines;
- Capability to learn new tasks and systems quickly and efficiently;
- Creative problem-solving skills to overcome unexpected roadblocks;
- An ability to work autonomously and professionally whilst being committed to supporting the team;
- Advanced computer skills with extensive experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Reception – greeting and welcoming clients, taking general enquiries, coordinating meeting schedules, keeping front of house
- Document management – digital and physical archiving of documents, secure document destruction
- Finance support – assist lawyers with billing, retainers, disbursements and end-of-month rollover
- IT support – key contact for our technical support company and practice management software provider, with responsibility for logging IT issues and coordinating IT updates across firm
- Marketing – assist with updating website and social media pages
- Office maintenance – manage the office space including organising tradespersons, ordering stationery and other supplies, sourcing office furniture, as well as general day-to-day office upkeep
- General office administration including petty cash records, distribute ingoing and outgoing mail etc.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter through to Stephen King at [email protected]