PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR – SOUTHERN CROSS AUSTEREO (Adelaide)
Keen to work with the Hit107 team that hosted RNB Fridays Live? You’ll love this position at Southern Cross Austereo, one of Australia’s most innovative media companies. They’re looking for a Promotions Coordinator to join their team in Adelaide.
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and work to deadlines under pressure
- Solid office administration skills
- A flexible attitude to working schedules
- Experience in event management (an advantage)
- Sound organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written communication
- A creative approach to work coupled with good problem solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills – you’re a team player who brings enthusiasm into all interactions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Have a passion for popular culture, music and local events
- Report to the Hit107 Promotions Director
- Engage with local businesses to create great relationships for promotional activities
- Assist in the implementation of on-air campaigns
- Work with Hit107’s Black Thunder street team
Interested? If so, upload your cover letter and resume (strict maximum of 3 pages) here and answer the following questions:
- What would you tell your friends to get them to listen to hit107?
- You’re in charge of hit107’s Christmas Party, what do you do?
- Where’s your favourite place to eat in Adelaide?
EVENT ASSISTANT – APRA AMCOS (Sydney)
APRA AMCOS, a progressive non-profit membership organisation in the arts and cultural industry, is on the hunt for an enthusiastic and proactive candidate to take on the role of Event Assistant within the Communications and Events Department. The role is permanent full-time within their Sydney office.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Previous experience in event planning is preferred (personal or otherwise)
- Excellent written communication skills, attention to detail and administrative skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suites
- Provide support to both the Event Manager and Event Coordinator, in planning internal and external conferences, awards nights and other events
If you want to join the APRA AMCOS team, get in touch with Narelle Butterworth (Events Manager) by uploading a resume and cover letter (1-2 pages) here before 5pm on Wednesday June 27.
SYNTH, DJ AND MUSIC PRODUCTION PRODUCT MANAGER – ROLAND (Sydney)
If you’re an EDM fan with a passion for Roland and AIRA products that enhance music production, you’ll want to apply for the role of Synth, DJ and Music Production Product Manager at Roland’s Sydney office ASAP.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of synth and DJ related products and their market segments
- An ability to explain complex musical instrument technologies in simple terms and show their ‘real world’ applications
- Comfortable and experienced in live performance and the ability to present confidently
- A good higher-level understanding of how to promote on social media, the back-end structures and the language appropriate for each channel
- Appreciation of a customer-centric marketing approach
- Reliable, proactive “whatever it takes” attitude that ensures deadlines and standards are met
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills combined
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects – it is essential that you are self-motivated and can work unsupervised to meet strict deadlines
- Work closely with established dealers, helping them produce and promote engaging content for their social media and website
- Have a thorough understanding of different marketing channels (e.g. website, blog, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) and how to use them
- Provide product training for retail salespeople with hands-on ‘customer focused’ real world examples
- Work closely with artists, influencers and industry bodies
- Monitor market conditions, competitive products and consumer sentiment; producing reports and making suggestions
- A commercial understanding of the role, accompanied by a belief that providing application based ‘value’ marketing will lead to sales
Put your hand up to work at Roland by submitting an application, including specific examples of your experience and reasons why you’re best suited to the position, here.
JUNIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER – BIG BANG & FUZZ/BMG PRODUCTION MUSIC (Sydney)
BMG Production Music, via their new addition Big Bang & Fuzz, is building a region-leading full-service music operation – and they want you to join their team. They’re currently on the hunt for a friendly & energetic Junior Account Manager to join their Sydney office.
- You’ll have 1-2 years of working experience behind you or have completed some relevant study (e.g. AIM, JMC)
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Flexibility, motivation, and a can-do attitude
- A desire to learn and grow with our business
- And, of course, a passion for music of all kinds
- Act as the key support person for our Director of Business Development
- Help our music & account service teams with their ongoing client service requirements
- Respond to client requests and assist, as required, with any licensing processes
- Assist clients as they work through our user registration process
- Daily checks on our website & admin tools for new music (including database updates)
- Maintain a variety of databases
- Manage any client mailouts
- A small amount of market research
- General office support, as required
- Initially work from the Big Bang & Fuzz offices in Potts Point, then move with the entire production music team to the BMG offices in Surry Hills
Applications for this position close on Thursday June 28, with an immediate start to follow after that. Apply here.
Image via Marcela Laskoski.