LABEL & PRODUCTION MANAGER – Unified Music Group (Melbourne)
UNIFIED Music Group is looking for a Label & Production Manager who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the current roster for the UNIFIED Recorded Music division, working with artists such as Northlane, Ocean Alley, Allday, Hellions, Didirri, Slowly Slowly and more. With operations across Australia, UK and USA, the Label & Production Manager will co-ordinate DSP Marketing and Play-listing strategies, oversee distribution, sales and production & be an all rounder in reporting, analysing and administration. They are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the Music Industry sector. Bonus points if you’re into the heavy music scene.
- Minimum 3 years label or artist management experience
- A strong contact base of music industry connections and a love of networking
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication and presentation skills
- Previous record label or artist management experience, with a strong email etiquette and a way with words
- Production: All Production related work for all labels including, but limited to manufacturing, uploading, supply chain, inventory management and distribution of all product within the label group.
- Sales: including working with distributor team to provide necessary information for DSP pitches, work with Product Managers/A&R on DSP strategies for priority projects, Sales Discussions, worldwide D2C set up, Label Owned Merchandise, in-store appearances and Tour Stock facilitation
- Label Management including Label Copy, Master Files, Award Submissions, ISRC co-ordination, PPCA, ARIA, SoundExchange and APRA registration, liaising on songwriting splits, Nightlife registration and keeping all schedules and releases on track
- Legal: Co-Ordinate Legal functions including Artist Feature, Artwork, Video and Producer agreements – working alongside the Chief Operating Officer
- Reporting: Work with Head of Recorded Music + General Manager of Recorded Music to design and execute reporting for the labels worldwide
- Financial Systems: Co-Ordinating the link between UNIFIED Recorded Music and Finance including Expense Trackers, Invoice Codes and Invoices
To take the next step in your career, head over here to submit an application!
SENIOR PUBLICIST – Gyro PR (Brisbane)
Gyro PR are now seeking applications for the role of Senior Publicist at GYROstream in Brisbane, someone who can contribute to the growth of and the careers of their artists. You will generate and manage a selection of publicity campaigns to deliver positive media coverage locally, nationally and internationally. Assist with the promotion of GYROstream as a company and maintain excellent public perception of the company to encourage increased business. You will also act as assistant team manager, ensuring the smooth running of the artist promotions team and projects. The job requires an exceptional project manager. A confident, enthusiastic and results-driven person who thrives on getting the details right using good processes. You will be responsible for overseeing release campaigns, working alongside artists and management, whilst managing external relationships with media, DSPs and creative teams.
- Minimum three years experience in publicity, media or a related field
- Strong proven relationships with local, national and international music and entertainment media
- Possess a positive attitude, passion for life and PR, grace under pressure and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and team required
- A trend spotting tastemaker, ideally you thrive off of being in the know
- Master of formatting, developing, writing and successfully pitching press materials including bios, and press releases.
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to understand editorial calendars, identify relevant opportunities for clients and schedule pitches accordingly.
- Intermediate knowledge of G Suite basic applications such as Sheets and Docs.
- Knowledge of online programs such as Hubspot, Mailchimp and Asana preferrable but not essential
- Attention to detail, while being able to prioritize, multi-task and delegate.
- A born leader, you’ll ideally have some previous experience managing a small, determined and dedicated team.
- Digital marketing skills including proficiency in Facebook for Business, Facebook Advertising, YouTube Certification, Google Adwords preferred but not essential.
- Managing delegated roster of advanced PR and playlist pitching campaigns to raise awareness of GYROstream’s clients.
- Invoicing, quoting and workflow management.
- Finding and contacting new clients to meet budget and KPIs.
- Collating media coverage for all campaigns and reporting to clients on outcomes achieved.
- Pitch for and arrange media interviews, airplay and coverage for artists and where necessary, accompany personnel to interviews
- 2IC to the Head of Marketing and Artist Promotions on special projects.
- Assistant manager of casual staff and interns.
- Stay up to date on emerging trends in our industries through following websites, blogs, daily/weekly newsletters.
- Assisting artists with social media strategy in a consultancy capacity where required
- Contributing to GYROstream publications including but not limited to the blog, website, social media and playlists where required.
- Maintain positive relations and liaise with other music industry organisations as required
- Maintaining all media databases on a regular basis
- Assisting with events and festivals as required (some weekend and night work may be required)
- Additional administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Maximise up sell of all GYROstream products with PR roster including but not limited to distribution, playlist pitching, vinyl, sync & insurance.
- Consistently developing strong relationships with new and existing media connections and securing top-tier editorial results.
Click here to read more and submit and application!
ARTIST & LABEL SERVICES/TRADE MANAGER – Ditto Music (Sydney or Melbourne)
Ditto Music is a fast-growing and award-winning music distribution and label services company for over 200,000 artists, with offices in 20 countries worldwide. They are looking to add a skilled and successful Artist & Label Services / Trade Marketing Manager to their ANZ team to lead the Sales and Marketing campaigns for their artists and labels. Finding, developing, managing relationships and creating marketing initiatives with ANZ based emerging & established artists, record labels and catalogue owners, the Artist & Label Services / Trade Marketing Manager role provides support, advice and strategy for Ditto clients. Your industry relationships will include media, PR and Promotion, retail, managers and labels and experience working with artists, and artist management companies across a wide spectrum of genres and levels of success. You will also effectively, efficiently and professionally manage the relationships between the ANZ Digital Service Providers (DSPs), digital platforms and content creators and Ditto’s roster of labels and artists in order to develop and implement innovative, creative and meaningful digital trade marketing campaigns.
- Passionate about music with a minimum 5 years music industry experience within a progressive label or distributor
- Ideally have a tertiary degree in music business, digital marketing or similar
- Excellent understanding of working with independent labels, artists and management dealing with frontline release campaigns
- Knowledge and experience of artist and label services including campaign management, budget management and digital & physical distribution.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- Excellent working knowledge of digital music distribution, supply chain and DSP processes
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with ability to convey data in a clear and concise manner and manage multiple relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Proactive and positive with ability to independently initiate tasks and follow through to completion – an expert troubleshooter
- The ability to work to deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven experience in audience engagement and growth
- A strong network of industry contacts and the ability to build and foster relationships
- Flexible and adaptable approach to growing within a team and adapting processes as the business continues to grow and client-base evolves rapidly
- Knowledge of international industry landscape highly desirable
- Understanding of entertainment, lifestyle, culture, music, and art trends
- Driven, motivated and a desire to succeed
- A passion for music, digital and artist development
- Identifying and assisting on sourcing new artist and label business for Ditto.
- Representing Ditto in meetings with existing and potential artists, artist management and labels.
- Negotiating Artist and Label deals in conjunction with Ditto Snr Management
- Conceiving and implement industry leading marketing campaigns and strategies that reflects the vision and goals of the artist, management or label
- Communicating with management and artists on a regular basis to address concerns, manage expectations and generally maintain a good working relationship
- Ensuring timely delivery of all aspects of the marketing campaign in line with core project and approval route milestones
- Pro-actively providing insight, advice and creative planning support to partners in respect of their releases, catalogue and revenue.
- Working directly with Ditto’s teams on behalf of your roster leading key areas including: Retail Marketing, Digital Marketing, Legal, Royalties, Data and Analytics, Video, Marketing, International, Sync, A&R, and Neighbouring Rights.
- Working cross functionally with other departments (such as Content, Support, Digital Marketing, Promotions and Trade Marketing) as well as external partners to ensure flow of information throughout the campaign and to provide new business opportunities.
- To effectively, efficiently and professionally manage the relationships between the ANZ Digital Service Providers (DSPs), digital platforms and content creators and Ditto’s roster of labels and artists
- To develop and implement innovative, creative and meaningful digital trade marketing campaigns, as well as devising effective streaming and digital marketing strategies for our wide roster of artists.
- In depth analysis of artist and label commercial trends and opportunity identification.
- To work with the Global Head Of Trade Marketing to ensure that Ditto’s market intelligence, strategy and analytics are class leading and constantly developing.
- To act as an integral member of the team with the ability to motivate and inspire others to consistently improve and develop both their skills and Ditto’s results.
- Setting and achieve streaming, sales and revenue targets
- Analysing performance of releases using Ditto’s analytics tools
- Being aware of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity.
- Representing Ditto in the ANZ industry, including attending gigs and spreading the word.
Head over here to submit an application!