MUSIC MARKETING EXECUTIVE – TEG LIVE (Sydney/Melbourne)
TEG Live, the big dogs behind Ticketek, Eventopia and Qudos Bank Arena, are currently seeking an experienced marketing professional to join their team as a Music Marketing Executive, with the applicant’s choice of either a Sydney or Melbourne based role.
- Min. 5 years marketing experience
- Relevant degree and/or business qualification preferred
- Experience within the music industry (i.e. promoter, live events, record label)
- Strong well-rounded experience managing and executing marketing campaigns across a variety of channels
- Highly organised & self-motivated with the ability to develop and follow-up on plans
- Have strong negotiation skills
- Commercially-minded with an understanding of business needs and financial performance drivers for TEG Live
- Experience managing budgets effectively
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and balance time across multiple events, partner relationships, and internal initiatives on a daily basis
- High attention to detail and professionalism, even whilst working under pressure and delivering against deadlines
- Passion for music and the live entertainment industry
- Enjoy attending live music events
- Develop and execute tailored and comprehensive marketing strategies for TEG Live music tours to meet commercial objectives
- Manage tour marketing budgets
- Analyse ticket sales trends and apply insights to ensure marketing plan continues to maximise sales
- Approve all media bookings and manage delivery of materials as required
- Manage the delivery of benefits to media & marketing partners (tickets, hospitality, money-can’t-buy opportunities)
- Oversee the appointment of publicists and the development and implementation of PR strategy with various freelancers/agencies as required, ensuring the seamless integration of publicity and promotional schedules from launch through to show dates
- Share marketing plans with TEG Team and external stakeholders
- Be the key point of contact for Artist Management, seeking direction, assets & approvals as required
- Localise tour assets to support marketing, PR and hospitality sales
- Work closely with the social media execute ensuring content is maximised across own channels
If this sounds like you, visit TEG’s SEEK profile to find out more and apply with a full resume detailling your suitability for the role.
ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMMER AND PRODUCER – MUSICLAND (Sydney)
Musicland, a hospitality and entertainment marketing company based in Glebe, are currently looking for a music-minded individual to come on board and act as Entertainment Producer. Liasing with prominent Sydney venues and events, this position doesn’t come around very often, so if you’ve got what it takes, get on to it quickly.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position
- A tertiary degree or relevant industry experience
- A broad and up-to-date knowledge of the Australian music scene
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- A working knowledge of sound and light production
- Budget management skills
Interested? Send your resume and a cover letter detailling how you’d suit the role to [email protected]
GENERAL MANAGER – QMUSIC (Brisbane)
As Queensland’s statewide music industry development association, best known as the team behind BIGSOUND, QMusic are currently seeking a qualified events and marketing specialist to assume the role of General Manager for their company.
- Event management of QMusic’s signature events – BIGSOUND / Queensland Music Awards
- Creating and overseeing an annual operational plan in response to the organisation’s strategic plan
- Implementing a formal process of continuous improvement based on financial and social media analytics
- Improving the quality of operational reporting to the Executive Officer
- Direct management of the Marketing Manager, Operations Manager and the Financial Administrator
- Appearing on behalf of the QMusic Executive Officer at meetings and events
To be considered for this application, send through your resume and a maximum 2 page response to the following questions to [email protected] by Monday November 20:
- How have you previously approached the challenges of running a highly complex event?
- How have you previously improved the overall operations of an organisation?
- What is your understanding of current best-practice in event marketing?
- If you were successful in getting this job, what would your first three months look like?