ST. JEROME’S LANEWAY FESTIVAL – HEAD OF MARKETING (SYDNEY)
St. Jerome’s Laneway Festival is a contemporary music & arts festival, recognised internationally as an industry leader in its field. The event covers seven cities across Australia, New Zealand and Singapore and provides 85 hours of entertainment to over 90,000 attendees annually. The core St. Jerome’s Laneway Festival team is predominantly based in its head office in Sydney. Additionally, they have a range of partners and team members across the seven cities in which the festival operates.
Laneway Festival has created a new role, Head of Marketing to drive the overarching strategy and development of the event across Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. This senior role is centred around top level management and will involve a high degree of creativity, leadership, project management and expertise in order to execute the vision for the event.
· Devise and implement a Festival wide model for marketing, publicity and socials reporting. This involves a consultation with each department head in order to understand their current processes and formulate a model that is practical to report to the Festival Directors & GM on a periodic basis.
· A general review of the marketing, publicity and web/socials planning and a thorough S.W.O.T analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats).
· Developing a master strategic plan to create unity between the web/social presences internationally and following through with implementation.
· Coordination of a master PR plan and increased opportunities for collaboration across the territories.
· Review and adjust the current budgeting processes for the marketing departments.
· Working alongside the newly appointed creative team to help guide conversation around brand redevelopment, festival artwork and associated marketing collateral for digital, print, outdoor, radio and web/mobile. This includes associated sponsorship collateral.
· Overseeing the design, development and implementation of all marketing collateral.
Evaluate and communicate marketing opportunities.
· Oversee the implementation of a revised audience and brand strategy.
· Applying creative vision and strategy in order to build engagement with the Festival’s target audience.
· Stimulating increased communication on a broad level across departments and encouraging free-flowing ideas and sharing on a frequent basis.
· Key contributor in the planning and development of the new website/content media site.
· Relationship management – Manage both existing and new relationships with key personnel within the media/marketing/events/music industry.
· Responsible for managing overall deadlines in compliance with the critical timeline and master budget, as determined by the General Manager.
· Evaluating key market research and data of results to improve future marketing strategies.
· Assessment and implementation of cross-promotional activity opportunities with sponsors and other art/event organisations.
· Management and recruitment of positions that report to Director of Marketing, when required.
· Assessment of the marketing department administration and archiving, including making adjustments and fine tuning the current system.
· Providing general Marketing assistance across the Festival when required.
· Acquiring an in-depth understanding of the Festival’s current position and history in terms of placement in the music industry/events market and its organisational structure.
· Gaining an understanding of the challenges presented when dealing with three different countries and cultural differences from a marketing and audience development perspective.
· Participating in a thorough analysis process to help shape a new phase in the Festival’s future, including the overall vision, mission statement and artistic strategy.
· Developing a knowledge of the Festival’s business goals and strategic marketing objectives.
· Maintaining the integrity of the Laneway Festival brand whilst maximising the marketing & PR reach through effective sponsorship integration.
· Developing frequent check points and reporting systems throughout the festival on-sale period in order to respond to sales and key audience data in a timely manner.
· Managing any potential conflicting needs across the three territories. This includes marketing, publicity and sponsorship activities.
Ability to analyse both long-term (3-5 year) and short term (1 year, 2018 campaign) goals in order to build growth, consistency and stability for the Festival.
· Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
· An ability to manage a demanding workload and tight deadlines for both the individual & wider team.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including email etiquette.
· A proactive attitude, using one’s initiative and high attention to detail.
· Embodying a high level of confidence, tact, independence and interpersonal skills.
· Capable of maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
· Proofing and editing skills.
· Lateral thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Strong creative vision and an eye for design/detail.
· Ability to both lead and work effectively within a team in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to prioritise tasks effectively, self-motivate and work unsupervised.
· Flexibility around working hours, particularly around the organisations busiest periods such as the announcement of the event and on-sale.
· Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Advanced Email and Calendar (Google/iCal) skills.
· Knowledge of broad marketing practices across all mediums
· A detailed understanding of current trends and marketing practices within the music, events and arts industries
· Knowledge of the current music & events industry landscape, both Domestic and International.
· Developed experience (3-5 years) in marketing campaign delivery preferably in music, events and/or arts.
· Experience in high-level marketing strategy and brand development.
· Experienced project manager and workplace leader.
· Experience dealing with various International markets.
Key Performance Indicators
· Accurately conveying the Festival brand through marketing collateral and communication channels.
· Coordinating the delivery of effective marketing collateral for each territory in accordance with the master timeline and budget.
· External relationship management and level of satisfaction from suppliers and stakeholders.
· Completion of a comprehensive written report and debrief session at the end of each Festival period.
· Prioritising the importance of teamwork and unity across the three territories in order to work effectively and achieve organisational goals.
· Acting as a representative for Laneway Festival both at official events and external functions & meetings, conferences and public facing situations.
Applications close Monday May 1. To apply please email your CV & cover letter to: [email protected].
MUSICLAB – MUSIC & AUDIO TECHNOLOGY SALES/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (BRISBANE)
Musiclab is a supplier of professional and hi-tech music equipment. They service a broad range of customers from consumers interested in home studio recording to corporate and education entities. They are looking for a passionate, confident and high caliber business development/sales person who has a hunger to drive new business revenue and build long lasting relationships and has a proven sales background. The successful applicant must have basic knowledge of technology in the audio recording & broadcast industry. However, AV/IT sales or similar industry background will be considered.
- Develop and maintain strong positive relationships with prospective clients and existing customers in order to cultivate new business opportunities for Musiclab, ultimately driving sales service related products.
- Pursue pre-qualified leads and tender opportunities identified via various sources.
- Champion and drive new sales initiatives and opportunities.
- Understand and define the client’s requirements and scope.
- Prepare estimations and quotations.
- Liaise with management and other sales staff in preparation of quotation or tender response.
- Manage client expectations and Musiclab’s response to quotation and tender requests, in an accurate and timely manner with a personalised feel.
- Systematically follow-up of submitted quotes and proposals liaising with both Customers/Prospects as well as internal Musiclab staff to maximize sale conversions.
- Provide monthly reports to Management about current activities, future prospects and market intelligence.
- Participate in marketing and communications strategies and activities.
- Keep abreast of technological advances in audio recording technology fields.
- Foster and promote the company, product and brand presence in the market.
Skills & Experience Required
- Well developed sales abilities and consulting skills is paramount
- Versatility, resourcefulness, adaptability, and resilience
- A minimum of 2+ years Sales experience – both retail and professional sales experience will be considered
- Natural sales demeanour in face-to-face, written, and phone interaction
- Capability to learn extensive product ranges and keep up-to-date with changes in product lines
- The skills and strategic ability to develop new business
- The skills and ability to build and maintain long term partnerships with clients to ensure ongoing and repeat business
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales performance targets and KPI’s
- Knowledge of home and professional studio recording equipment
- Current valid driver’s licence
For more information please contact Margaret at [email protected].
APRA AMCOS – CREDIT OFFICER (SYDNEY)
APRA AMCOS’ Finance and Administration Department is looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active candidate to fill a vacancy in their credit team. The credit team has responsibility for internal debt management of the majority of client relationships across APRA and AMCOS. Primarily, this role is undertaken via telephone debt collection, the reminder process and determining which debts should be referred to our external debt collection agency.
· Credit management of overdue client balance which include:
· Telephone debt collection
· Liaising with internal sales teams
· Maintaining client records
· Provision of extended credit
· Management of payment plans
· Managing inbound client calls which includes careful recording of accurate file notes
· Processing banking within various subsidiary systems and any related duties
· Reconciliations which include: Client balances and Aged Debtor Outstanding listings
· Possess strong organisation and prioritisation skills
· Produce a high level of accuracy when undertaking duties
· Demonstrate confident and clear verbal and written communication skills
· Possess a high level of attention to detail
· Be reliable, adaptable and flexible
Skills and Experience
· Previous experience in debtor management
· Clear and confident telephone manner
· Outstanding time management skills
If you believe you are the candidate to fill this position and have the relevant skills and experience, please submit your cover letter outlining your experience in relation to the criteria and CV to Tim Denny, [email protected] by close of business Friday April 28.