Digital Content Director – Hit Network
Southern Cross Austereo is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. They are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australian’s through our Radio, TV and Digital channels.
Based in Sydney, the successful applicant will play a significant role in continuing to grow their core digital activity by building and enhancing their online portfolio, leading a digital team that develops new and challenging content propositions across digital platforms with the aim of building audiences on all platforms.
You will lead and manage a team in a fast paced agile environment that is creating content for our digital platforms. This role will require you to directly report to the Head of Digital Content and collaboratively work with Content Directors and Digital specialists within SCA to develop compelling content on all our platforms.
Skills/ experience required:
- Proven leadership ability with significant experience within the media industry
- Significant, demonstrable experience of driving enhanced business performance through the innovative content creation
- A recognised industry figure with extensive understanding of the development of content into the digital arena.
- A solid content and editorial background with experience in the media environment and an in-depth knowledge of how content can be consumed across technological platforms.
- A strategic understanding of how audience consumption will continue to evolve with a track record of building and realising strategic initiatives.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to influence at a senior level.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations
If you have the right skills and experience, apply here.
EMI Marketing & Content Coordinator – Universal Music Australia
Universal Music Australia have an exciting opportunity available for a Marketing & Content Coordinator to join the EMI team at their brand new Sydney office. Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Media, this busy role will see you supporting a team of Marketing Managers to coordinate key EMI artist marketing campaigns.
- Assisting Marketing Managers with implementing marketing plans and originating sales and marketing tools.
- Design and create assets and content as directed.
- Assist on social plans and update Artists and EMI social media channels as directed.
- Act as an integral member of the EMI team with the ability to provide ideas and administrative support to consistently improve and develop own skills as well as the Department’s results.
- Developing a strong rapport with the team’s business contacts including associated labels, local artists and their management and repertoire owners.
- Stay up to date on marketing and content trends and digital innovation.
- Managing admin and delivery of assets to production team in a timely manner.
- Ensure tools are uploaded to central systems.
Skills/ experience required:
- Ability to work within the marketing department with an understanding of marketing campaign objectives.
- Understanding and interest in music business and trends – streaming platforms, social media and digital landscape
- Possesses an aptitude for working with basic forms of content creation, social media and quickly adapts to new platforms and digital developments.
- Knowledge of digital media landscape, including social media, mobile, streaming services etc.
- Experience with basic level filming, editing and audio recording of live video content.
- Experience in using industry standard video, photo and audio editing software such as Final Cut, Premiere and Photoshop.
- Basic HTML editing capability.
- An understanding of social and web analytics.
- Knowledge of social advertising, Facebook applications, social activations, CMS platforms, eCRM and other digital marketing tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Photoshop and Internet applications.
- Confidence to liaise professionally with all internal divisions.
- LOVE music!
If you think you’re the right fit for the job, then apply here.
Project Coordinator: Music Industry Development Program – Music Victoria
Music Victoria is seeking to employ a part-time Project Coordinator to take the lead in managing a Live Music Industry Development Program. Music Victoria’s office is located in South Melbourne and the successful candidate will regularly be required to travel outside the metropolitan Melbourne area and may need to work in the evenings or on weekends.
They are seeking an experienced and professional project coordinator who has delivered training, education and/or music industry development activities. From their past experience, they have developed a comprehensive knowledge of the issues and the key stakeholders within Victoria’s contemporary music industry and community. The successful candidate will be required to interact with and report to other key stakeholders outside of the organisation.
- Work with live music and music industry professionals, businesses, educators, music agencies, peak bodies and local music representatives to achieve the goals of Music Victoria live music development programs
- Coordinate Music Victoria’s live music industry development project. Seek out and develop professional, skills and training opportunities within the Victorian contemporary live music industry and related sectors to support live music industry professionals in making their business or career rewarding and sustainable
- Manage and increase the number of businesses participating in this project to provide additional opportunities and in turn stimulate the Victorian live touring circuit
- Work with other key stakeholders to identify and develop training, skills and other opportunities based on the goals of project participants and actively match key professionals/businesses
- Assist Music Victoria with key activities, including the distribution and use of the Best Practice Guidelines for Live Music Venues
- Work in collaboration with Face the Music in relation to the program
Skills/ experience required:
- Experience in delivering training or industry professional development programs, or similar
- Direct experience in the live music sector, live music venue operations and events promotion.
- Extensive knowledge of the Victorian live music industry, including key professionals and businesses
- Demonstrated high quality project management experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the current contemporary live music community in Victoria/Australia including issues facing non-metro live music professionals and operators
- Disciplined time management, ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work effectively within a small team, and also unsupervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current Victorian or equivalent drivers licence
Interested? You can apply for the role here.