Executive Producer – The Hit 30 (Southern Cross Austereo)
The Hit 30 (Southern Cross Austereo) is searching for the next Executive Producer to join their team based in Sydney. This is a fantastic opportunity to join Australia’s biggest nightly countdown, and the successful applicant will report directly to the Content Director and will be responsible for managing the team around them including on air talent on a daily basis.
Skills/ experience required:
- You need to have previously produced a live show for a minimum of 2 years.
- You will be able to manage talent effectively, motivate and guide them to reach their full potential.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills are a must.
- You should have a high level of attention to detail.
- A love of Top 40 music and the artists.
- Burning desire to create radio with the best ideas.
- Be willing to push the boundaries when needed.
- You need to have great verbal and written communication skills.
- Working collaboratively in a team is what they do and so should you.
- It’s high energy and high pressure and highly demanding, you MUST be dedicated.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of CRA’s Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards.
- You will be required to work long hours to get the job done, dedicated people need only apply.
- You MUST love social media and know how to use multi platforms intimately.
- A knowledge of what trends are hot in the world is not only a prerequisite you must know what’s about to pop.
- Finally, the job is nights, that’s right say goodbye to your social life Monday to Friday.
Think you’re the right person for the job? Apply here.
Publicity & Digital Marketing Coordinator – Live Nation
Live Nation are looking for a Publicity & Digital Marketing Coordinator (Melbourne) to assist the digital and communications team in the smooth operation and implementation of all tour related publicity, promotional and advertising campaigns in Australia and New Zealand and maintain the integrity and detail of all internal systems utilised by the Digital Marketing, Promotions and Publicity functions.
- Writing and distribution of media releases
- Ensuring media is kept up to date with all tour announcements, ticket prices and other sundry information
- Identify and contribute potential digital marketing, promotional and publicity opportunities and ideas for tours as a key member of the team
- Creation of quality, engaging and memorable digital content: news articles, photo galleries, videos, playlists, interviews, feature articles and promotions related to Live Nation’s broad range of touring musicians, comedians and children’s entertainers
- Liaising with all relevant stakeholders from Marketing, Promotions, Design and Content to ensure our online offering meets our objectives, with a strong emphasis on content acquisition and thought new online artist-based initiatives.
- Sourcing biographies, publicity photos and other publicity material from relevant providers
- Working with the marketing team and relevant label on publicity and promotional opportunities and implementation of advance interview schedules
- Ensuring placement of stories to run for maximum effect on uptake in ticket sales and advising marketing team of relevant timing
- Coordinating review ticket & photo pass requests and facilitation of same
- Upkeep of media and contact database
- Sourcing and collating reviews plus news/video pieces from current artists
- Provide assistance with artist research as required utilising all tools available including but not limited to online research, media feedback and connecting with record labels for regular updates as to sales, chart positions and promotional plans
- Weekly audit of all venue & ticket agent websites to ensure all LNA tour information is present and correct and rectify if not
Skills/ experience required:
- Understanding of the Australian media landscape, advantageous if this has been acquired in an entertainment-related company or agency
- General understanding of touring related standards and practices
- Experience creating quality content across a wide range of digital mediums
- Basic understanding of working CMS platforms
- Proven working knowledge of various social media platforms for ecommerce or marketing industry, with experience creating ‘sticky’ content.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Qualifications in Marketing or Communications preferred but not essential
- Work well under pressure and respond quickly and productively to instruction
- Ability to forge and maintain strong business and commercial relationships
- Be proactive and confident to express creative ideas
- Strong writing skills and the ability to present editorial content with maximum impact
- Strong image manipulation and demonstrable design skills in new media
- Video shooting and editing skills
- Understanding of Internet principles and best practices
- Exposure and basic understanding of usage online analytics
- Attention to detail
- Love of entertainment and pop culture.
Sounds like you? Then apply at Pedestrian.TV.
Radio Presenter – ABC Regional
Horsham is a thriving community on the Wimmera River in Western Victoria in a rich sheep and cropping region close to the Grampians and Mount Arapiles to the south, an inspiration for bushwalkers and rock climbers, and the Little Desert and Wyperfeld National Parks to the North. The ABC’s Horsham transmitter has the biggest geographical reach of any station in Victoria. ABC Regional in Horsham has a vacancy for a highly motivated content maker with the ability to thrive in a time critical environment.
Working to the Chief of Staff, you must be able to create engaging cross-media content for the local audience. The successful applicant will initially present the Breakfast program but may be required to create content elsewhere.
Skills/ experience required:
- A record of developing contacts and breaking stories
- A great news sense
- The ability to thrive in a time critical environment
- Companionable on air style
- A collaborative and positive attitude to team work
- Experience working in a fast paced news/radio environment
- A creative approach to live radio
Looking for a new life in Horsham? You can apply here. Hurry! Applications close tomorrow.