Highlights of this year’s releases include the bizarre 22 minute rap-rave mish-mash of Death Grip’s ‘Steroids (Crouching Tiger Hidden Gabber Mix),’ as well as a limited version of the classic Bob Dylan LP Blood On The Tracks: Original Test Pressing. There’s also a packed live album from Jeff Buckley, a 7″ featuring two T.Rex covers performed by Chad Smith and Josh Klinghoffer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, a brand new Courtney Barnett song titled ‘Everybody Here Hates You,’ and plenty more.
Grunge pioneers and modern rock authorities Pearl Jam have been announced as the official ambassadors for Record Store Day 2019 – they’re also releasing a vinyl edition of their 2005 performance at Easy Street Records in Seattle.
Check out some more highlights below, and click here to view the full list of releases available.
- David Bowie and Marlene Dietrich’s “Just A Gigolo” on a colored vinyl 7″
- The Flaming Lips’ new album King’s Mouth featuring narration by Mick Jones of The Clash
- A Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack (on picture disc)
- Jeff Tweedy’s Warmer, a 10-track companion album recorded during the sessions for his new album Warm
- A 7″ single of Erykah Badu and James Poyser covering Squeeze’s “Tempted”
- A 12″ of Swervedriver covering the Byrds’ “Think I’m Gonna Feel Better” and the Temptations’ “Reflections”
- A High On Fire 12″ featuring a new song called “Bat Salad” and covers of Celtic Frost and Bad Brains
- A Julien Baker 7″ single with two unreleased tracks, “Red Door” and “Conversation Piece”
- Elvis Costello & The Imposters’ Purse EP
- Releases of Janis Joplin, Sly & The Family Stone, and Canned Heat’s Woodstock sets and a 3xLP Mono release of the original Woodstock soundtrack
- Robyn’s Body Talk
Record Store Day takes place on Saturday April 13, 2019.