BOSS have just announced the release of the Gigcaster GCS-5, a five-channel streaming mixer with guitar/bass input, two XLR mic inputs, stereo line input and more.
BOSS have just announced the release of the Gigcaster GCS-5, a five-channel streaming mixer with guitar/bass input, two XLR mic inputs, stereo line input, eight onscreen sound/effect pads, and more.
Read all the latest product & music industry news here.
All-in-One Audio Hub for Streaming Musicians
Gigcaster 5 is a powerful all-in-one audio command center purpose-built for musicians who livestream and create audio and video content. It provides a host of advanced features in a space-saving desktop interface, including premium audio connectivity and live operation via hands-on controls and a vivid color touchscreen.
Plug in a guitar or bass and play with flagship-level GT amps and effects. Connect mics and shape voices with studio-grade processing from the VE series. And bring in another instrument using the stereo line input. You can mix up to five sources as you stream, including background music and sound from a remote guest or student. Adding in customizable features, external control support, and more, Gigcaster 5 is an essential partner for music performers, remote educators, podcasters, and anyone creating music-focused media.
Must know features:
- All-in-one USB interface solution designed for online musicians, music educators, podcasters, and music-focused content creators
- Advanced audio and control features in a space-saving footprint
- Premium sound quality with 32-bit floating-point processing and 48 kHz sampling rate
- Five-channel audio mixer and numerous sound-shaping tools
- High-impedance input for direct connection of a guitar or bass
- Two XLR jacks for mics and stereo line input for electronic instruments
- Mic inputs feature phantom power and high-grade preamps with low noise and wide gain range (+70 dB)
- Flagship-quality BOSS amps and effects derived from the GT-1000
- Dedicated vocal effects, harmony, and voice transformer functions derived from VE vocal processors
- Ready-to-go preset libraries provide optimized sound processing for guitar, bass, singing, and speaking
- Dedicated stereo channels for remote guests and mobile device audio streamed via Bluetooth®
- 4.3-inch color touch display for intuitive control
- Independent faders and mute buttons for the five audio input channels and master output
- Onscreen effect pads for customizable live effects control
- Talkback function for discrete communication between presenters
- Ducking function automatically lowers the background music volume while speaking
- Two headphone outputs with dedicated EQs
- Headphones 1 output supports a headset mic or inline mic
- Also works as a 16×12 USB audio interface for multitrack recording in music production software
- Runs on USB bus power* or included AC adaptor
- Supports hands-free operation via optional BOSS footswitches, expression pedals, and a GA-FC/GA-FC EX foot controller
- Dedicated Gigcaster 5 App for sound pad playback, parameter editing, backup, and audio file conversion
For more information, head to BOSS.