MARKETING COORDINATOR - UNIFIED (Melbourne)
Unified Music Group are on the hunt for some fresh faces to join the team and assist in the marketing and promotion of their release roster. Based in Melbourne, this would be a grouse gig for any marketing guru really looking to dip their toes into the music industry.
- Music industry experience required
- Record Label experience is considered a major advantage.
- Marketing knowledge and experience essential
- An understanding of heavy and rock music
- Positive and Energetic attitude
- Ability to work with and communicate with artists and managers
- Working with product managers and A&R to create and execute marketing campaigns within Australia
- Working with artists, managers and A&R to create album and marketing content including music videos, album work, photography and more
Head to UNIFIED's careers portal to apply today.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT - UNIFIED (Melbourne)
Unified Music Group are also accepting applciations for someone with monetary smarts to get around the financial department and sort shit out. It's also based in Melbourne, and even though it's an accounting gig, it is with a reasonably cool record label - surely that's got to be a little less lame, right?
- Minimum of four years in a similar role including experience with festival accounting
- CA or CPA qualified
- Proven knowledge of current Australian accounting standards including Australian tax laws
- Proven ability to develop financial processes and procedures
- Experience dealing across multiple, inter-related businesses
- Xero accreditation
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on relationships
- Forward-thinking with the ability to work under pressure and within deadlines
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts in a professional and tactful manner
- Assisting in the supervision and training of the finance team including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and royalties
- Oversight of day-to-day financial record keeping and reporting across the various entities
- Timely and accurate completion of month-end, quarterly and year-end close processes including preparation of month-end journals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Driving improvements in controls, reporting and decision-making through developments in people, processes and systems
- Preparation of monthly Instalment Activity Statements (IAS) and quarterly Business Activity Statements (BAS) and Annual Non-Resident Withholding Reporting Statements
- Preparation of payroll related reporting including payroll tax and workers compensation
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management and annual financial and statutory reporting
- Assisting with the preparation and management of cash forecasts
- Assisting with the preparation, review and monitoring of budgets
- Liaising with external accounting and tax advisors regarding our statutory reporting requirements
Want to apply? This is the place (no naive melody).
CATALOGUE DEVELOPMENT - UNIVERSAL MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Universal Music Australia are the team behind some of the biggest artists in the country, and they want you. There's currently a vacancy in their Sydney-based digital marketing team for some smart cookie to come aboard and help push out marketing strategies to promote local and international releaes.
- Proven Campaign success
- Commercial & creative mindset
- Data & Insights appreciation
- Audience acquisition acumen
- Appreciation and passion for music
- Understand the artist opportunity
- Identify and develop content monetisation opportunities and audience strategies
- Create and execute all artist and campaign communications
- Drive growth, audience development and engagement opportunities for the Universal International Artist Roster.
- Manage internal and international relationships
- Ideate campaigns and the audience journey with Insights and Optimisers alongside other internal resources
Head to UMA's careers portal to apply today.
COMMERCIAL DATA ANALYST - UNIVERSAL MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Another big dog record label opportunity - who says the music industry is dead! This one's for all you statistic fiends out there - if you're keen on strategy, data and utilising information to create grand schemes, this one's right up your alley.
- Commercial strategic thinker capable of presenting to all levels
- A working understanding of data analytics principles
- A strong knowledge of analytical programming
- Experience in drawing actionable insights and formulating recommendations from data
- Knowledge of mathematical and statistical techniques
- The ability to drive change and innovate within a data driven environment
Identify, develop, drive and deliver ad-hoc analysis to drive business value with a focus on:
- Commercial opportunities and levers on and across all digital platforms and its users
- Identify international market opportunities and focus within these markets for our domestic artists
- Channel performance (eg. playlist & radio)
- Track performance and key metrics
- SQL coding (Preferably Bigquery)
- Data Visualization (Domo)
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of pitching presentations as directed by media managers
- Develop and maintain self-serve reporting tools.
- EMI & UMA Marketing Teams: Liaise directly with marketing teams for ad-hoc analysis projects
- Digital Optimizers: Work directly with Digital Optimizer team to identify and maximise opportunities across all relevant channels
- Media Managers: Support the team providing streaming and social data to allow them to better understand priority tracks and the pitching process
- Marketing: Assist the Digital Marketing team (FUSED) with their analytical requirements
Hit the link here to get your dibs in.