Fender has something special in store. Their very own Fender Custom Shop has announced a new limited edition “80 Proof” Blues Junior.
A great amp to begin with, age has been kind to the “80 Proof”. The limited edition 15-watt wonder is encased in Kentucky bourbon barrels that even have distinct stamps and markings from a number of whiskey distilleries.
The amp is full of vintage Fender tones, hand-aged components enhance it’s unique cabinet making this a highly collectible boutique piece and there will only be 100 units made. And apparently, when the amp warms up, you can smell the whiskey.
For more details, head to fender.com.au.
- Limited-edition 15-watt combo
- Solid oak cabinet crafted from reclaimed whiskey barrels
- One 12” 8-ohm Jensen speaker
- Three 12AX7 preamp tubes and two EL84 power tubes
- Onboard spring reverb and FAT boost
- Optional one-button footswitch for hands-free boost