LIVE MUSIC BOOKER – THE TOFF IN TOWN (Melbourne)
Melbourne city’s live music hub The Toff In Town is looking for a gig-ready individual to join the team and help book live talent on a regular basis. Ideally, you’ll have had experience in booking gigs or festivals before and have your finger on the pulse for all the hottest local and emerging national acts.
- Previous experience booking live music venues who understands the process behind identifying key live acts, & engaging them accordingly
- Pre-existing relationships with artists, managers and promoters is viewed preferably
- Event management
- Social media
- Sales targets
Apply today via Seek.
LIVE SOUND ENGINEER – RUTHERFORD ENTERTAINMENT (Melbourne)
Want to form the backbone of the music industry? Time to become a roadie. Rutherford Entertainment are looking for a live sound expert to come aboard and assist in the mixing and setup of various live music events around Victoria.
- Good Presentation and friendly personality
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure at times
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have current drivers licence and own car however van will be provided for transport of equipment when working.
- Some experience setting and packing up PA Systems / DJ equipment.
- Ideally live around the inner city area – office is based in Port Melbourne
- Management of Sound equipment and the weekly run of equipment set up and pack downs.
- Preparing equipment for weekends gigs and testing equipment.
- Stocktake of equipment and managing of equipment going out/coming into office
- Setting up and packing down small to medium size PA systems and DJ equipment at venues and private properties around Melbourne and inner suburbs.
- Onsite AV tech support at events
Check out all the details and apply here.
RETAIL ASSISTANT – SOUTH COAST MUSIC (Wollongong)
No Stairway? Denied! Here’s your chance to work in one of the ‘Gong’s hottest musical instrument destination – South Coast Music are looking for a retail assistant to join the team.
- Passionate about music
- A friendly, caring person that is confident talking to people and building relationships
- Experienced in providing memorable customer service, preferable in a fast-paced retail environment
- A people person who cares about their customers, team and the success of the store
- A problem solver, focused on what we “can do”
- Someone who takes ownership in finding their own solutions and driving their own career journey, always aspiring to be the best they can be
- The proficiency to work unsupervised and as part of a friendly, passionate and successful team
- Be physically fit
- The flexibility to work weekdays, weekends, public holidays and school holidays as required
- The ability to play a musical instrument is important
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills in excel, word, outlook and graphics
- Ability to learn quickly, problem solve, work autonomously and multi-task
- Experience in a similar fast paced retail environment
- Provide memorable and meaningful customer interactions by chatting to every customer in the store & getting to know them and their musical interests
- Inspiring and educating your customers through your vast knowledge of musical products and the services we offer
- Completing memorable sales transactions that are accurate, efficient and focused on fulfilling the actual need or problem that brought the customer to us in the first place
- Ensure that the shop looks amazing all the time by having everything clean, well displayed and always having the latest stock available on the shelves
- Assist the Online team by answering online inquiries and phone calls
- Inspire a fun and supportive culture in-store where the team loves coming to work every day and customers love visiting
- Keep an up to date knowledge of new music products and services and work with other team members to assist customers with their unique musical inquiries
- Be a driven, fun competitor and high achiever aiming to top the sales and KPI leaderboards
Suss out the details and apply via Seek.
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT & ROYALTY ADMINISTRATOR – BMG (Sydney)
BMG are one of Australia’s fastest growing Australian musical entities, and they’re on the hunt for someone to help them sort out their accounting and royalties.
- High School Diploma
- Degree qualified
- 1+ years related experience in accounting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience using MS Office, strong excel skills preferred
- Familiarity with SAP a definite advantage
- Setting up and maintaining vendor and customer accounts in SAP
- Co-ordinate the accounts payable processing including vendor approvals and invoice postings in SAP
- Assisting accounts receivable with sales invoice generation and receipts tracking
- Generate weekly and monthly financial reports
- Assisting with monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Setting up and maintaining artist and writer client accounts
- Posting royalties, advances and other financial transactions
- Reviewing and clearing error and suspense reports
- Provide reporting and sales data to APRA/AMCOS
- Entering cash receipts into the royalty system and compiling data files for processing
- Ad-hoc tasks and various projects across finance and royalties
- Assist the legal department with ad-hoc tasks including amending, formatting and proofreading legal documents and including various correspondence, contracts, templates and agreements and maintaining the central repository for the filing of all company contracts
Head here to apply today.
ORCHESTRAL OPERATIONS MANAGER – CANBERRA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (Canberra)
The Canberra Symphony Orchestra (CSO) enriches the cultural life of the Canberra region through the presentation of classic and contemporary symphonic masterworks and a diverse suite of community and educational programs. They’re looking for a talented, task-driven individual to join the team and help oversee orchestral operations.
- A passion for delivering high quality music experiences
- Proven experience in and knowledge of the orchestral environment
- Sound and nuanced practical judgement
- Capacity to model performance requirements and effective use of resources
- Project management skills to ensure timely delivery of programs.
- Coordinate and deliver regular live music performances on stage, considering venues, logistics, engagement of musicians, budget, workplace conditions and related factors
- Model costs, resources, musical and technical requirements and timelines for programs, events and activities, including forward planning across multiple seasons
- Advise on logistics, venues and CSO operational capacity to deliver programs, supervise operational requirements and manage end-to-end processes for rehearsals and performances, including coordinating outdoor orchestral events, adhering to best practice workplace conditions
- Engage a range of high-quality musicians across local and national networks, including coordinating auditions and player rosters
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to implement CSO’s artistic vision, objectives and strategies, always exercising discretion and sound judgement
Head over to Seek to get your application in now.
ARTIST & LABEL MARKETING MANAGER – SPOTIFY ANZ (Sydney)
Streaming giants Spotify ANZ are looking for an Artist & Label Marketing Manager to join their Sydney team. The role is about ensuring that key artists, managers, and labels see Spotify as the #1 partner for their artist career development and monetization.
- You have experience with label and artist relations in an established digital music service, record label, a communications agency or at a media company in the region
- You have a strong music and technology background. You also have a deep understanding and a consistent record in music marketing and operations
- You are fully conversant with the latest digital marketing techniques
- You have excellent presentation and people skills
- You are adept at content management systems and supply chain processes
- You are numerate and adept at analyzing and interpreting data and using it to set goals
- You are well organized, dedicated, with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines and pay exceptional attention to detail
- You have experience of working in a dynamic organization and working with local and global teams
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken English
- Finally, you’re a great teammate, adapt well to change, and always have a positive attitude
- Support and educate our key partners across artists and labels community on Spotify tools and resources to inspire them and maximize their daily business. You’ll also build and maintain these relations across the artist and label community
- Enable artist and artist-fan engagement with Spotify
- Work in partnership with the local and global editorial teams to ensure content strategies are localized and successfully implemented
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams to fulfill company strategic goals and cross-functional projects
- Advocate for Spotify’s interests and initiatives externally within the creator community
- Ensure Spotify has the best possible content offering in your territory and use this to further Spotify’s appeal to existing and new users
- Adapt or develop methodologies and efficiencies to be the best partner to our artist and label partners
- Attend events, conferences, and shows
Head to Linkedin to apply for this one.