SYNTH AND MUSIC PRODUCTION PRODUCT MANAGER – ROLAND (Sydney)
Are you an electronic music nerd? Would you consider yourself a synthesiser enthusiast? Reckon you know the difference between an 808 and a 909 kick? If so, this job has got your name written all over it. Roland is looking for a music enthusiast with previous sales experience to join its Sydney team to take over the management of its Synth, DJ and Music Production products, and help inspire further generations to continue making fat beats from the bedroom to beyond.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of synth and DJ related products and their market segments
- An ability to explain complex musical instrument technologies in simple terms and show their ‘real world’ applications
- Comfortability and experience in live performance and the ability to present confidently
- A good higher-level understanding of how to promote on social media, the back-end structures and the language appropriate for each channel
- Appreciation of a customer-centric marketing approach
- Reliable, proactive “whatever it takes” attitude that ensures deadlines and standards are met
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills combined
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects – it is essential that you are self-motivated and can work unsupervised to meet strict deadlines
- Work closely with established dealers, helping them produce and promote engaging content for their social media and website
- Have a thorough understanding of different marketing channels (e.g. website, blog, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) and how to use them
- Provide product training for retail salespeople with hands-on ‘customer focused’ real world examples
- Work closely with artists, influencers and industry bodies
- Monitor market conditions, competitive products and consumer sentiment; producing reports and making suggestions
- A commercial understanding of the role, accompanied by a belief that providing application based ‘value’ marketing will lead to sales
If you’re keen on this position – which, of course, you are – dust off your resume, pen a cover letter, and hit the link here to Roland’s website and apply today.
LECTURER (AUDIO) – SAE INSTITUTE (Perth)
SAE Institute, a leading tertiary institution specialising in the audio sector, is currently seeking an experienced industry professional to take up a lecturing role in it Perth facilities.
- Delivering lectures and presenting workshops for audio students
- Engage in assesment and marking processes
- Deliver student service and administrative support
Interested? Check out the SEEK listing and follow the prompts to apply.
MUSIC BUSINESS MANAGER – VICTORIAN MUSIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICE (Melbourne)
The Victorian Music Development Office (VMDO) is looking for a passionate and highly motivated business professional for the new role of Music Business Manager. This unique position will be challenged with creating and delivering programs that grow the prosperity of the Victorian music industry in line with the VMDO’s strategic plan.
- An in-depth knowledge of the contemporary music industry
- Experience facilitating and delivering workshops
- Excellent, demonstrated project management skills
- High-level interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High-level stakeholder management skills
- High-level of self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively
- High-level analytical and problem-solving skills
- Budgeting and financial experience
- Public speaking experience
- Demonstrated excellent computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability to work within a small team
- Ability to travel and work some weekends/after hours
- Business acumen
- Developing and managing relationships with relevant music industry stakeholders
- Writing business proposals, briefs, requests for quote and reports
- Engaging with agencies and departments of Victorian and Federal Government
- Delivering projects on time and on budget
- Public speaking on behalf of the VMDO
- Researching and evaluating third party programs and delivery partners
- Creating opportunities for greater diversity and representation in the Victorian music sector
- Writing for VMDO communication channels
- Supporting the delivery of the VMDO strategic plan
- Co-ordination of events, networking and workshops
To apply, check out the full listing on SEEK, read the fine print, and click Apply Now to get started.
SENIOR PUBLICIST – TEG LIVE (Sydney)
Ticketing wizards TEG Live are currently on the hunt for a marketing and PR professional to assume a newly created role as Senior Publicist and help promote a myriad of tours from Keith Urban to Paw Patrol Live.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in public relations
- Experience in live entertainment/events will be highly regarded
- Strong Australian media contacts across TV, digital, social, radio and print with a focus on entertainment
- Tertiary education in journalism, communications, PR or related discipline
- Finger on the pulse with the media and understand what angles get covered
- Demonstrated experience in achieving national media coverage
- A proactive go-getter, happy to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability, strategic thinking, agility and ability to work under pressure
Sound like you? Hit up TEG’s Careers page to apply today.
MARKETING, PR & ONLINE CONTENT EDITOR – TICKETBOOTH (Sydney)
Ticketbooth is a full service event ticketing and promotions solution for professional event organisers Australia-wide, boasting a powerful cloud-based event ticketing software which offers organisers the latest ticketing technologies. They’re on the hunt for a go-getter to join the team as a marketing, PR and content professional, and are welcoming applciations from recent graduates and juniors looking for a position with future career development.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Marketing, Advertising or PR
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks within stringent deadlines
- A keen interest in music and events.
- Adobe Indesign and Photoshop experience is a plus
To apply, visit Yamaha’s SEEK listing and follow the prompts to get started.
Feature image via Konstantinos Papadopoulos.