Designer/Visual Creator – Byron Bay Bluesfest (NSW)
Byron Bay Bluesfest is Australia’s most awarded music festival ever. Taking place annually, the five-day music festival is held over the Easter long weekend in Byron Bay. Bluesfest Touring Pty Ltd engages international and local artists such as Patti Smith, Robert Plant and Iggy Pop to perform at Bluesfest and on tour at venues in Australia and New Zealand. We are looking for a creative, energetic and motivated individual that has a passion for creating engaging content for online marketing channels along with an interest in the music industry.
- Experience of using social media platforms (Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Highly skilled in Adobe Create Suite (Bridge, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) & Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and other relevant editing software
- Experience producing ads for print and online media outlets
- Animation/motion graphic skills
- Ability to manage and successfully execute multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Possess strong communication skills including the ability to relate to different audiences
- Strong Microsoft Office and knowledge of social media advertising
- A good understanding of HTML is a bonus
- A love for music and the live entertainment industry
- Support marketing teams in graphic design and video editing of supplied video content
- Create various graphics for media partners
Keen to join the Byron Bay team? Apply here ASAP.
Promoter – Live Nation (Sydney, Melbourne)
Live Nation are always on the look out for stars in our game to join their talent buying / promoter team. If you are an experienced promoter, passionate about entertainment, and driven to grow and succeed, Live Nation is the place for you!
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to use all business PC / MAC programs & pick systems up quickly
- Ability to think commercially and creatively.
- Work well under pressure and respond quickly and productively to instruction
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Music/Entertainment Industry; key promoters, artists and events
- Amazing leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to set meaningful targets and prepare, present, manage and track budgets.
- Identifying and targeting touring prospects
- Developing potential touring prospects with new tours / acts
- Management of all facets of the tours secured, including the development of ideas, marketing strategy, venue choices, and management of budgets
- Oversee and be responsible for all tour offers and budgets
- Work with LNA VIP Team to create VIP and ancillary opportunities
- Work with LN Venues to develop or drive content into their venues
- Negotiation of commercial arrangements with venues and marketing partners as appropriate
Want to join the Live Nation behemoth? Apply here ASAP.
Worksheets/Admin Assistant – 123 Agency (Melbourne)
123MEG is a full-service music company, lighting up the industry with touring, artist management, music label, production, and strategic brand development. They are looking for their next Worksheets and Administration super gun.
- Experience in an administration role
- Previous experience liaising with venues/promoters/festivals
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Music industry knowledge not essential but ideal
- Event administration
- Flight, Ground Transfers and Accommodation bookings
- Document preparation
- Database Management
- Customer and Client services
- Sourcing support bands for events and continuously compiling support band information for Agents
- Collect worksheets information from promoter for a number of artists
- Confirm presenters, supports, promo pic, tour blurb, announce dates, date presale ticket will go on sale and poster artwork for upcoming tours
Want your foot in the door with this admin job? Apply here ASAP.
Writer – Blank GC (Gold Coast)
Thanks to the City of Gold Coast and its new Music Action Plan’s Professional Attachment Program, Blank GC is able to offer a temporary paid opportunity to a music, arts and culture writer keen to increase their portfolio and gain experience in the publishing industry.
- Be an emerging or mid-career music industry professional looking to expand their experience and learn from senior mentors through practical development opportunities
- Creating well-written print and digital content as per briefs provided by the editor
- Attending local music, arts and cultural gigs and providing written reviews the next day
- Sub-editing the print magazine each month
- Contributing to the online gig guide
- Pro-actively identifying local music, arts and cultural content
- Undertaking administrative tasks to support the editorial creation process
If you want to be a music journalist in Australia, there simply is no turning this offer down. Apply here by July 21, as interviews are between 29 July and 1 August.
Digital Coordinator – Sony Music Australia (Sydney)
Sony Music Australia have an opportunity for an energetic and truly passionate music lover to join their digital team in Sydney.
- Passion for music and a keen desire to support and promote music and our artists
- Proficient in using the Microsoft office suite
- Understanding of digital streaming partners
- Ability to easily build rapport and develop effective relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- ‘Roll up your sleeves’ mentality and willingness to take on a variety of tasks
- Strong knowledge of streaming platforms and latest digital and social trends
- Highly organised and able to work in a fast paced environment and deliver on tight deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and think outside the box
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team and also autonomously
- Ideally you will have had some exposure to the music or entertainment industry and have built a network of contacts
- Achieve set chart KPI’s in line with company priorities
- Assist the Digital Sales team in the creation and execution of innovative marketing and streaming plans
- Provide co-ordination and administrative support to General Manager and the Digital Sales team
- Foster effective working relationships with internal departments globally
- Identify and manage key partner relationships including Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music and Amazon
- Collaborate with the Digital Sales team to maintain and execute playlist strategy across streaming services including our owned playlist brands
- Compiling, maintaining and distributing accurate release schedules of all Sony priority upcoming local and international repertoire
- Reporting and analysis for sales, streaming and campaign results
- Create and maintain streaming service best practice and account overview guides
- Event management and ticketing
- Attending and assisting with concerts and events as required
- Understand and interpret data, trends and analytics
Want to be part of the digital revolution at Sony? Apply here ASAP.