ENTERTAINMENT AND MARKETING ASSISTANT – Musicland (Sydney)
Musicland is a Sydney based entertainment consultancy that works across Australia booking entertainment for bars and venues as well as corporate events and festivals.They have some casual work for a motivated, multi-skilled, music-loving individual. This position is perfect for a recent graduate or someone who has had equivalent on-the-job experience. They’re looking for someone to work two days per week for a period of 6-8 weeks with a possible extension and other project based opportunities.
- A sound knowledge of the Sydney music scene
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be an extremely organised employee
- Be social media savvy
- Day-to-day office administrative duties i.e invoicing, contracting, artist bookings & confirmations and general communication with artists and clients.
- Content creation for promotional material, i.e copy-writing for social media and blog posts.
- Assisting with event pre-production and some on site event work.
This is a rare opportunity to get some real experience working with bars, venues as well as some stellar corporate clients on creative and challenging event projects, so don’t sleep on this one! Click here to submit an application.
GRADUATE ACCOUNT COORDINATOR – Audience Republic (Sydney)
Audience Replublic are a software platform that helps live events (music festivals & concerts) sell more tickets, through increasing word-of-mouth, collecting data & providing audience intelligence. A fast-growth tech start-up founded in 2015, the company is growing and this opportunity could be a great start to your career.
- Desire to smash quotas and goals, and continually raise the bar for your performance
- You want to build a career in sales/marketing and be responsible for growing a business
- Be responsible for researching and understanding our key customers and the broader market and supporting the sales team to ensure we’re speaking to the best in the business!
- Identify prospects & build relationships with major event organisers (we are about helping and adding value, and NEVER hard sell)
For more information on the position and to submit an application, head over here.
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – APRA AMCOS (Sydney)
APRA AMCOS are looking for an exceptional and experienced receptionist/administration assistant to join our busy and fast paced team. The role directs telephone enquiries to the appropriate division within APRA AMCOS and creates a warm, inviting and professional environment for staff and visitors, and performs administrative duties to support their Administration Manager.
- Excellent communication skills, courteous phone manner and ability to interact positively with staff and visitors
- Demonstrated efficiency and timeliness in completing work, is proficient with an eye for detail
- Experience in reception work and general clerical and administrative duties
- Experience in using Microsoft office suites
- Perform administrative duties to support the Administration Manager
- Direct telephone enquiries to the appropriate division within APRA AMCOS
- Create a warm, inviting and professional environment for staff and visitors
HEAD OF DIGITAL PROGRAMMING – Sydney Opera House (Sydney)
The Sydney Opera House is an iconic Australian institution that embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas. This senior artistic leadership position is responsible for the development, management and delivery of a digital programming strategy that guides creative, content and resourcing decisions and ensures the Opera House achieves its objective to deepen engagement with a broader audience. The role will provide expert leadership in the development and delivery of ground-breaking, thought provoking and creative digital content that embodies the Opera House’s mission, brand and strategic goals.
- Experience in curating, developing and producing digital content at a senior, autonomous level
- Demonstrable experience negotiating rights with artists, record/creative companies and publishers.
- Experience curating or collaborating to a high-level on a program of digital arts projects
- Thorough knowledge of, and high quality network of contacts within, the digital content space, including but not limited to relevant arts festivals, broadcasters, distributors, production companies, arts centres and artists, both nationally and internationally
- Proven ability and experience in conducting successful daily interactions with international, national and local artists, creative agencies, broadcasters and clients; including acting as a conduit between artists, clients, key stakeholders and a large, complex arts organisation and/or venue
- Understanding of contemporary marketing and communications practices and experience in developing and delivering audience development strategies
- A thorough understanding of the changing use of digital technology and multi-media in the performing arts, wider cultural and entertainment sectors
- Experience in developing and implementing project business cases and project budgets including modelling revenue,
- Strong team, collaboration, relationship management and leadership skills coupled with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Develop a digital programming strategy (encompassing video, audio, online, interactive and immersive technologies) which guides content, distribution and resourcing decisions
- Collaborate with Heads of Programming, Head of Communications/PR, Head of Digital Marketing on content creation and on distribution of works.
- Lead a producing team to create ground-breaking digital works from conception through to completion.
- Lead and manage a diverse team consisting SOH and freelance personnel to ensure the highest artistic, business and customer service standards are achieved.
- Negotiate rights, deals and contracts with artists, agents, broadcasters & distribution providers, media and project partners, ensuring Sydney Opera House artistic, brand and commercial objectives are realised.
- Develop and manage budgets for the program, including modelling expenditure and revenue options.
- Develop project business cases to substantiate project parameters and gain approval to proceed, including presenting such papers to the Executive and/or Trust as required, and to complete evaluation/reviews to inform future programming.
- Research emerging trends in digital content development at cultural centres internationally, with a view to creating new opportunities and directions at Sydney Opera House.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with industry peers nationally and internationally.
To read a bit more about this position and to submit an application, head over here!
PCB LAYOUT ENGINEER – Rode Microphones (Sydney)
RØDE Microphones manufactures and exports precision tools of creativity to the world. Their Australian designed and made microphones are exported to over 140 countries enabling millions of people around the world to be heard. They currently have a vacancy for a PCB layout engineer!
- Bachelor, Masters or PHD in Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in board layout of mixed-signal design in the field of audio/telecom/rf or similar using a modern electronic CAD package.
- In depth knowledge of design for manufacture to ensure the manufacturability of the designed boards on SMT and wave solder lines.
- Experience in tracking of boards for high-speed wireless and wired interfaces such as 2.4GHz wireless, USB, Ethernet, etc Experience of board bring up and work with firmware engineers to ensure product functionality.
- Good understanding of PCB materials and layer-stack up specification.
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Team player, be capable of sharing knowledge, learn from others, and support other groups within an organisation.
- Experience with Altium will be highly regarded.
- Working knowledge of various EMC/EMI control methods and implementation at PCB/component level.
- It is the role of the Senior PCB Layout Engineer to be responsible for the layout of all boards.
- Design review, simulation, PCB layout, component evaluation, library management and design for manufacture.
- Strong understanding of analogue and digital electronic design within the fields of audio, rf, telecom or similar, PCB layout and circuit analysis.
If you have what it takes, click here to submit an application!