DIGITAL EDITOR – MIXDOWN MAGAZINE (Melbourne)
Mixdown Magazine is Australia’s only free dedicated music street press designed for musicians, engineers and fans of music. We’re looking for a new Digital Editor/Advertising & Content salesperson to join our team located in Brunswick East.
- Strong passion and knowledge for music and musical equipment. You’re the kind of person who lives and breathes music
- Experience in content creation, with impeccable grammar and an ability to deliver content quickly and efficiently
- Ability to edit other people’s work to a high standard
- Excited to hit KPIs and growth targets across the site and social channels
- Good at building relationships and communicating with clients
- Understanding of Google Analytics, social analytics, and writing for SEO is a bonus
- Ability to interpret data to suggest strategy changes as required is a bonus
- Write, commission and edit daily news and features. You’ll be curating Mixdown’s online content
- Understanding the Mixdown tone of voice and audience, and commissioning accordingly
- Manage writing contributors
- Sub-edit copy to a high standard
- Social media management and posting. Understanding our social media strategy to drive growth (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Manage your own content and social media calendar
- Report with weekly and monthly KPIs ensuring growth targets are met
- Advertising and content sales, and coordination for Mixdown’s print, online and video content
- Building relationships with potential clients, and maintaining current client relationships
Does this sound like you? If so, submit three links of published written work in the music or music gear field, along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LABEL MANAGER (MATERNITY LEAVE) – LIBERATION RECORDS (Melbourne)
Melbourne-based independent record label, Liberation Records, is looking for a label manager for a maternity leave cover position. The label’s roster is home to the likes of Vance Joy, Julia Jacklin, Mansionair, Gordi, Emma Louise, Dan Sultan, DD Dumbo & Slum Sociable.
- Label/product manager experience 2+ years preferred (or long term music industry in similar fields)
- Passionate music fan with broad music taste
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and with attention to detail
- Team player who can build rapport with multiple internal/external personnel
- Excellent writing skills
- Table and formulate wide-reaching strategy for domestic artist releases
- Liaise with NZ team to formulate NZ release plans
- Liaise with Mushroom Group’s New York based Digital Sales and International Product manager to plan o/s release of titles
- Liaise with overseas label partners to facilitate global releases
- Liaise with artist managers on daily basis
- Driving curation of artwork and photo shoots
- Oversee design and implementation of all marketing assets across outdoor, radio, digital, retail spheres
If you’re keen to help one of Mushroom Music’s indie arms push Aussie artists to the front, submit your cover letter and CV by Saturday February 2 to email@example.com.
PROGRAMMER – MAX (Sydney)
Foxtel’s music channel MAX is seeking a talented individual to take on the role of Programmer, reporting to the Group Program Manager of MAX & Smooth/Arts.
- A minimum of 2-5 years television or radio programming experience
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the disciplines of programming as well as a passion and expansive knowledge for the content and genre that MAX covers
- Experience with Music Master or similar music scheduling system and all Microsoft office programs
- Experience with Dekocast and IBMS advantageous
- An exceptional eye for detail and level of accuracy to spot mistakes, inconsistencies and contradictions in schedules/logs etc.
- An intuitive ability to relate to the channel’s core demo and able to create schedules that meet those viewer’s habits and expectations
- Research experience an advantage
- Strong people and communication skills essential
- Schedule all music on MAX in line with the channel programming strategy
- Execute programming strategy, developing and maintaining channel schedules and managing the music playlist
- Communicate monthly schedules across the team and required departments by deadlines set
- Create monthly tactics in conjunction with Group Program Manager and be part of the briefing process with the promo team as required
- Manage and maintain daily output of Dekocast and IBMS, delivering daily logs for the channel within the agreed deadlines and with minimal error
- Manage MAX program operations and deliver on channel requirements with minimal error
- Work with the programming assistant to maintain and update the schedule into the scheduling system. Action programming amendments and communicate changes to all relevant departments and stakeholders
- Liaise with the channel stakeholders in relation to broadcast operation issues
- Work with the programming assistant to ensure all MAX programming tasks are completed
- Review ratings daily to maximise opportunity for ratings growth
- Assist in driving and communicating TX content to the digital team
If you’ve always dreamed of curating your own music channel, apply via the Foxtel job site.
BOOKING AGENT – ALPHA BOOKING AGENCY (Melbourne)
Alpha Booking Agency is Australia’s first all female and LGBTQI+ inclusive booking agency based in Melbourne, run by female agents with the mission to support, empower and navigate a positive and successful career for women in music. They’re currently expanding and looking for a gun Booking Agent to join the team.
- Passionate about the music industry and working with artists
- Experienced in an artist management, agent or label rep role
- Able to identify and secure key opportunities for artists while managing client relationships with venues and promoters
- Being able to work hard and laugh hard is a must
- Identifying, Pitching and Securing opportunities for the Alpha artist roster
- Negotiating fees and contracts with Alpha and the artists’ best interests in mind
- Invoice management
- Maintaining artists’ press material
- Managing relationships with Alpha’s artist roster and clients including venues, promoters and corporate
- Identifying upcoming talent and industry trends to grow the Alpha roster
If you’re keen to join the diverse booking agency, send your CV with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday February 1.
FUNDRAISING AND CRM COORDINATOR – SUPPORT ACT (Sydney)
Support Act is a people-focused agency that provides crisis relief and wellbeing support to Australian artists, roadies and music workers in times of need. They’re looking for a versatile, passionate and fundraising focused coordinator that puts the needs of others at the heart of what they do.
- Knowledge and passion for CRM
- Ability to leverage donor software to maximum advantage
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer focused working relationships through effective utilisation of the eTapestry software
- Working proactively to identify and understand requirements, develop optimised solutions, and effectively communicate and present these solutions all while ensuring the highest standards of privacy and data integrity are maintained
- Working with the Support Act team to effectively deliver fundraising campaigns
If this sounds like you, send an email by Thursday February 7 to email@example.com.
Image via Jean-Philippe Delberghe.