SYMPHONY SERVICES INTERNATIONAL – ARTIST SERVICES MANAGER (Sydney)
Symphony Services International are the team responsible for a range of administrative and management duties for Australia’s six symphony orchestras, as well as the global orchestral community. Located in The Rocks in Sydney, Symphony Services International are currently seeking an Artist Services Manager to play a key role in the management and operations of the organization.
- Previous experience in a management position
- Demonstrated understanding of contract law as it relates to engagements.
- Knowledge of the travel industry and experience in planning complex travel arrangements.
- Meticulous attention to detail in preparing and editing documents (a test may be administered to demonstrate this point).
- Excellent administrative, planning and communication skills and superior relationship management ability.
- Ability to manage priorities and assimilate information from diverse sources, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prepare and administer overseas artists’ contracts and tour itineraries in line with Member orchestra deals. Negotiate changes (including broadcast rights) and incorporate variations where necessary.
- Liaise with artists, their management and travel agents to oversee and manage travel and accommodation bookings, prioritising orchestras’ budgets and taking artists’ amenity into account where possible.
- Work with Member orchestras to manage the contracting and tour arrangements for commercial artists.
- Coordinate administrative matters and resolve logistical and financial issues which arise for artists performing with non-Member presenters whilst on tour.
- Be the first port-of-call for urgent and unexpected travel issues (e.g. visa problems, artist cancellations, force majeure, etc.)
- Liaise with Finance Department staff and non-Member presenters regarding artists’ financial and taxation arrangements, payment and recovery of funds.
- Keep abreast of developments in Immigration requirements and the travel industry, and as appropriate disseminate information to Members and Associates.
For more details on this position and its selection criteria, check out the job listing here. To apply, please provide a cover letter, CV, and a separate document responding to all the selection criteria to Kate Lidbetter, CEO by Wednesday August 23.
WME ASIA PACIFIC PTY LTD – ASSISTANT (Sydney)
William Morris Endeavours, one of the worlds longest running artist and talent agencies, is currently looking for an assistant to join their Sydney offices and contribute to the operations of their Asia-Pacific Music Department.
- Exceptional time management
- Strong organisation, administration and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of computer programs, particularly the Microsoft Office suite.
- Work well within teams and individually
- Fine eye for detail
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A diverse knowledge of music and the music industry, and some job experience at a music related entity would be highly regarded.
- Administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, scheduling meetings/appointments, and other assorted duties
- Diary and travel management
- Effective communication with Agents, Department Heads and International offices
- Liaising with Artist Management, Promoters and Venues
- Entering offers and Contracting
- Preparing reports, grids, ticket counts and client itineraries
- Keeping records of all backup documentation
- Invoicing, client settlements and expense recording/reporting
To apply, follow this link and provide your resume and a cover letter detailing three unique business aspects you can contribute to WME.
QUANTUM HIFI – AUDIO VISUAL/HIFI SALESPERSON (Hobart)
Quantum Audio and Visual Lifestyle is Tasmania’s leading AV and hifi store, responsible for bringing the best equipment to Hobart for the past 45 years. To continue their mission, Quantum Hifi are currently seeking an experienced retail salesperson to join their business and keep Tasmania’s ears happy.
- Previous experience in a sales positon, preferably within the music industry
- Strong organisational skills and interpersonal/networking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent brand knowledge
- Technological proficiency and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite
- Key sales and recommending quality products
- Assisting with store presentation and preparation of quality quotations for clients
- Some Saturday shifts required
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
PAT’S MUSIC – PIANO AND KEYBOARD SALESPERSON (Melbourne)
Pat’s Music is currently seeking an experienced salesperson to join their team in Oakleigh South to overlook the sales of pianos, keyboards, synthesizers and all related accessories. With the business serving South-East Melbourne’s music community for nearly 30 years, this is an excellent opportunity to progress further into the music retail industry.
- Previous experience in selling pianos and keyboards and an extensive knowledge of musical equipment
- The ability to demonstrate other instruments is highly regarded
- Flexible availability, including Saturday shifts
- A current full drivers licence is essential
- Assorted sales of pianos, keyboards, synthesizers, and accessories
- Maintaining cleanliness and presentation of the sales floor and stock
- Assembling digital pianos
- Managing orders
- Booking pianos for delivery, with some heavy lifting possibly involved
For more information on this position and details on how to apply, check out the Seek listing here.