LABEL MANAGER – MILK! RECORDS (Melbourne)
Milk! Records is looking for an inspired, organised and natural leader who is passionate about music for the role of Label Manager. Milk! Records is an independent record label that was founded in 2012 by Grammy-nominated artist Courtney Barnett and ARIA-nominated artist Jen Cloher.
- Strong vision to represent Milk! Records around the world
- Be passionate about music
- Organisational skills
- Natural leadership
- Deliver industry-leading service to artists of importance (Courtney Barnett, Jen Cloher, Tiny Ruins (NZ), Hand Habits (US), Hachiku, Jade Imagine, Loose Tooth, East Brunswick All Girls Choir, Evelyn Ida Morris, The Finks and Dyson Stringer Cloher)
- Create a positive, inspiring and inclusive culture
- Contribute to the growth of the label and the careers of our artists.
If you think you’re up to leading the independent vanguard of Milk! Records, email [email protected] with your application before Tuesday January 22.
SYNTH, DJ AND MUSIC PRODUCTION PRODUCT MANAGER – ROLAND AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Roland Australia is currently seeking a full-time Synth and Music Production Product Manager to facilitate awareness of their products, create content and be involved in other activities that ultimately lead to increased sales.
- Previous experience in sales and/or marketing, possibly having done a similar role in a different industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be the absolute source of knowledge in all things synth
- Have a thorough understanding of different marketing channels (e.g. website, blog, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) and how to use them
- A commercial understanding of the role, accompanied by a belief that providing application based ‘value’ marketing will lead to sales
- Work closely with established dealers, helping them produce and promote engaging content for their social media and website
- Provide product training for retail salespeople with hands-on ‘customer focused’ real world examples
- Work closely with artists, influencers and industry bodies
- Monitor market conditions, competitive products and consumer sentiment; producing reports and making suggestions
If this sounds like you, apply here by Thursday February 7 with your CV and links to videos of your performances or compositions, what instruments you own and your proficiency.
STAGEHAND – SHOWCALL CREWING PTY LIMITED (NSW)
Showcall Crewing assist with the set up and management of the largest concert events and music festivals held in NSW. They are looking for fit people for the summer 2019 season including work at concerts for Greta Van Fleet, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Eminem and more.
- Steel crew must have OH&S white card
- Must be 18 years or older
- Steel toe shoes
- “Load In” – assist in the setting up of the stage
- “Load Out” – assist in the packing down of the stage
- All day auxiliary/support work on music festivals
If you want to be part of the team building some of the biggest and best live show stages in the country, apply here.
PRODUCT MANAGER – PORTABLE KEYBOARDS AND DIGITAL PIANOS – YAMAHA MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Melbourne)
Yamaha, the Australian market leader in musical products, premium home entertainment and music education is seeking a passionate and skilled individual to lead all activity related to the promotion and distribution of Yamaha digital piano and keyboard products throughout Australia.
- Able to play a keyboard instrument (for purposes of being able to demonstrate and train dealers and customers)
- A team player with a flexible, mature outlook who can build rapport, show initiative and who has excellent problem solving skills
- Analytical and strategic, with excellent written and verbal communication and familiar with excel software
- Knowledgeable about social media and other digital platforms for promotion of events
- Able to work unsupervised with attention to detail and to effectively liaise with management
- Highly developed in terms of self-management and time management skills.
- Excellent organisation and well developed multi-tasking skills
- A marketing qualification, or desire to pursue such a qualification, would be well regarded
- Experience in providing leadership, coaching and training to a team
- High proficiency in piano/keyboard performance
- Experience with selling and demonstrating premium brand products
- A working knowledge of the music education systems in Australia
- Maintaining PSI (inventory control) for purposes of accurately forecasting sales, ordering stock and managing slow moving stock
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager – Traditional Instruments to ensure effective implementation of the marketing plan
- Monitor market share information and distribute to management
- Be the authority on all products within the portable keyboard and digital piano category
- Ensure all products in these categories are appropriately introduced to market and maintained through timely management and execution of pricing, inventory management, internal and external communications and marketing initiatives
- Constantly observe and record product and market trends, competitor activity and monitor industry statistics and dealer/distribution developments
- Recommend successful solutions based on observations and analysis of sales data
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to create original product content (including video) for social media and other online channels
- Oversee the deployment of the Demonstrator Network (let by the Head Demonstrator) for product training and event product support for the YMA dealer network
Feeling up to the job? Apply via Seek with a cover letter and CV in either Word or PDF format by Friday February 8.
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER FOR LIVE EVENTS – CENTURY ENTERTAINMENT (Marrickvile, NSW)
Century Entertainment Australia produces numerous events and tours each year, with a particular focus on comedy festivals and events, and is the producing company for the Sydney & Perth Comedy Festivals, Sydney Guitar Festival, and the Sydney Comedy Store & the Century Venues Group. The Associate Producer will contribute to the planning and execution of multiple events throughout the year.
- At least 2 years working in live events or similar role
- A knowledge & understanding of ticketing
- Experience in event marketing, including sound knowledge of online and social marketing
- Knowledge of live events (particularly comedy)
- A strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- The ability to follow processes, multi-task and manage large volumes of work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy
If you’re keen to help produce nationwide laughs, apply via Indeed with a CV or resume and an electronic photo of yourself.
Image via Alex Brisbey.