MUSIC/ARTS PUBLICIST – SUPER DUPER (Melbourne)
Super Duper is a PR and communications agency specialising in music, events and arts, creating strategic, effective and fresh campaigns with heart. With a roster including some of Australia’s best breakout talent including Camp Cope, Two Steps on the Water, Alex the Astronaut and Cable Ties, Super Duper are currently seeking a publicist to join their Melbourne offices.
- At least four years PR experience in music and/or arts PR with a strong background in events
- Established national media relationships
- An intimate knowledge of the Australian media landscape, across television, newspapers, street press, magazines, radio, digital and online
- Experience with media calls and packaging stories for TV
- The ability to work on projects collaboratively whilst also being able to act independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please send resume and accompanying cover letter detailing relevant experience to [email protected]
DIGITAL CONTENT & COMMUNITY COORDINATOR – TMRW MUSIC (Sydney)
Formerly known as Ministry of Sound, TMRW Music is currently seeking a music-minded marketing specialist to join their Sydney team and work closely with Marketing managers to implement effective content plans.
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing, honed within a lifestyle, youth or entertainment brand or within a digital/social agency
- A strong knowledge of and passion for the Australian and international electronic dance music scene
- Proven experience and a supporting portfolio of written and visual content
- Expert copywriting skills – both short and long form
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for working in digital and social media
- Experience with building EDM mail-outs and managing data would be seen favourably
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud Skills including Photoshop and video editing with Adobe Premiere favourable but not essential
- Developing, sourcing, creating and publishing day to day content for our various social media channels and websites
- Contributing creative and innovative ideas to interest new audiences and engage existing fans
- Work closely with Digital Strategist and Marketing Managers to develop timely, engaging and on-strategy content plans
- Creating entertaining daily content across various channels
- Day to day community management across managed social pages
- Ad hoc writing tasks including artist bios, album blurbs, company profiles and web content
- Monthly and ad-hoc EDM build and send outs
If you’re interested in this opportunity, send your cover letter, resume and examples of your long and short-form copywriting skills to [email protected].
MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT COORDINATOR – EAT STREET NORTHSHORE (Brisbane)
Eat Street has become a recognised icon of Brisbane’s food and entertainment industry. Featuring top local & touring bands as well as regular featured headline shows, Eat Street are looking for an experienced individual in Brisbane to work event days, Friday and Saturday 4pm to 9.30pm plus an additional two days during the week.
- Demonstrated experience in the music industry
- Computer skills including Excel and Word
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, and able to demonstrate experience and success in managing projects
- Impeccable presentation, hygiene and grooming standards
- Connecting with the music community, building partnerships and booking talent
- Marketing, promotion and audience development
- Music administration and financial management
- Overseeing live music production, including equipment, sound and staging options
- Reporting to the directors of Eat Street
To apply for this position, visit Eat Street’s SEEK listing, and follow the prompts to apply.
ENTERTAINMENT AND EVENTS PRODUCTION COORDINATOR – BIG TOP SYDNEY (Sydney)
Located inside the iconic Luna Park precinct, Big Top Sydney hosts some of the city’s biggest entertainment events, ranging from musical performances to combat sports and conferences. Big Top are currently hunting for a full time Entertainment and Events Production Coordinator to join their team and make sure the show never stops.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated event production and coordination experience, audio, lighting, staging and multipurpose venue knowledge.
- Applicants will require a good understanding of WH&S, risk management and an ability to juggle the requirements of venue hirers, production crew, promoter reps, security and the Operations team as well as patrons, contractors and industry partners in order to execute seamless production of our Events.
- Experience with VISIO will be a definite advantage, intermediate word and excel skills are required and knowledge of web design is preferred but not essential.
- Flexibility is required as this position may require some weekend and evening work depending on the venue’s operational needs and the event schedule. Please note this is not an event manager role.
- Armed with problem-solving skills and a pro-active approach you will be expected to successfully oversee all aspects of the technical production and venue logistical elements for a broad range of entertainment including live music, concerts and a variety of cultural performances
- Arranging production schedules, equipment hire and planning for all entertainment including Luna Park produced events
- Establishing strong relationships and relate well to a wide range of personalities for future interest
To capitalise on this unique opportunity, please send your application, describing how you satisfy each of the requirements of the role to [email protected].