MARKETING MANAGER – EMI AUSTRALIA
EMI Music is part of the Universal Music Group (UMG), the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. With a proud and rich history in Australia, starting with the legendary Slim Dusty, EMI Music is at the forefront of Australian music, being home to some of the biggest artists in the country such as Empire of The Sun, Birds of Tokyo, Angus & Julia Stone, 360 and more.
- Collaborate with key areas of the business including marketing, promotions, A&R, label/artist management, content strategy, sales, merchandise, D2F and business development to create and project manage innovative marketing plans for assigned roster of Australian and International Artists.
- Generate social and digital communications, create online and offline artist communities.
- Engage target audiences and align marketing plans with trends and consumer behaviour.
- Identify and consider Australian and International artists in relation to their media, marketing and sales potential within Australia.
- Monitor overseas charts and trends and incorporate into your project plans.
- Proactively identify ways to drive revenue for your artists and their music, through product/pricing initiatives; social networking; engaging media; artist merchandise; and touring, promotional and publicity opportunities.
- Relevant qualifications and proven experience in marketing, including strong knowledge of consumer behaviour.
- LOVE, LIVE and BREATHE music!
- Understanding of the digital space, emerging technologies and their effect on the music landscape.
- Highly creative and innovative with the ability to think outside of the box.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder and project management skills.
- Analytical with the ability to develop insight-driven campaigns.
If this sounds like you, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Entry Level Audio Engineer – ABC Radio National
The ABC is the independent home of Australian conversations, Australian Culture and Australian stories. With more than 60 distinct programmes each week ABC’s Radio National (RN) is unique. It is an Ideas Network, where people can hear the latest in science, books and publishing, religion, social history, the arts and current affairs. RN Operations provides engineering for the production of audio on Radio and online. Operations staff are involved in all aspects of audio production from panelling live to air programs, outside recordings and broadcasts, to collaborating on high end audio productions for documentary features and live concert recordings.
An opportunity exists in RN Operations for an entry level Audio Engineer to join the team. Reporting to Manager Operations this position will assist in recording, refining, modifying, mixing and transmitting audio for RN on-air and on-line. This role will provide specialised audio support to content teams so they can deliver programmes of the highest quality.
ABC are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated Audio Engineer to join the team in RN Ops. They are looking for someone with initiative who is keen to develop their craft skills. You will also be someone who enjoys working collaboratively across diverse teams dedicated to produce a range of content for radio and online.
Interested? Head here for more details on how to apply.
Label Relations Account Manager, Australia & New Zealand – Spotify
Want to be apart of the future of music distribution? Well now is the chance to work with one of the world’s leading music streaming providers. Spotify are seeking a dynamic, high-calibre individual to manage their label relations efforts across Australia and New Zealand. The Label Relations team manages hundreds of label relationships across the globe with a network of Account Manager in different Spotify territories. The position will serve as primary point of contact for record labels, distributors & aggregators specifically in Australia and New Zealand, but also work with central international teams.
- You will provide the best possible service to rights holders with regard to artist marketing, business intelligence and maximizing revenue
- You will identify, develop and execute unique marketing initiatives by leveraging artist and label relationships
- You will provide strategic and financial insights and develop best practice in order to help label partners achieve and build on revenue targets
- You will assure timely and correct delivery and publishing of new content. Resolve any operational matters that may affect your label partners
- You will offer guidance and insight into service functionality towards the music industry
- You will analyze streaming data to identify emerging artists and music trends
- You will act as liaison between Spotify and industry community, including ARIA, Recorded Music NZ, APRA/AMCOS and AIR
- You will connect other Spotify teams with the music industry to help drive and execute opportunities driven by Spotify and our partners
- You have at a strong combined music and technology background
- You have account management experience with an established digital music service, established record label or media company
- You have a proven track record of key results in marketing, strategy and infrastructure management/development
- You have good analytical skills
- You are proficient with content management systems and supply chain processes with high volumes of media
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to prepare and deliver executive level presentations
Think you fit the role? Head here to apply.