MEDIA MANAGER – WARNER MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Want to be a music media big dog? Warner Music Australia is on the hunt for not one, but two media professionals to join its Radio & TV and Online & Press divisions respectively, with both positions located in their pristine Sydney offices. If you’re graduating uni soon, this could be the best way to get your foot into the fast-paced, wonderful world of the music industry. Interested? Read on.
- Experience in a similar and fast paced role or internship and ideally gained within the entertainment industry
- Ability to demonstrate that you possess persuasive negotiation and excellent communication skills.
- High energy levels
- Proven ability to manage deadlines, engage with people on all levels
- Passion, expertise, and pride in your worth ethic is a must-have
- Assisting in the development, implementation and management of national press strategies for Warner Music Artists international and domestic artists in collaboration with our Marketing, Promotions and Artist Relations teams
- Dealing with print and online media and/or radio and TV, you’ll be pitching to and liaising with your media contacts on a daily basis, creating press releases and collating media clippings and online coverage and creating on ground media opportunities.
These opportunities don’t come by often. Shoot your resume and cover letter detailing your desired role to [email protected] before Sunday October 7.
MARKETING MANAGER (ENTERTAINMENT + MUSIC) – FOXTEL (Sydney)
Foxtel is currently accepting applications for a marketing professional to join its Content Team as Entertainment + Music Marketing Manager, specialising in developing and executing the company’s strategic marketing plan to achieve Foxtel’s overall business objectives.
Did you know you also get free Pay-TV as a work perk? Can’t beat that. Hit the link here to suss out the Seek listing and apply today.
VENUE MANAGER – SECTION 8 (Melbourne)
Section 8, one of Melbourne’s finest CBD establishments and possibly the greatest bar to be built with shipping containers in the whole damn world, is in need of a Venue Manager. With summer fast approaching and peak Section 8 season coming with it, the venue needs an experienced individual to withstand the heat and cook up some sauce to keep the beloved bar burning hot into the new year.
- Zealously guard and further the founding principles of Section 8
- Demonstrated ability to bring together a crew and the larger community for small and totally out of scale events
- Have fun, work hard, treat customers and staff like your life depends on them (it does)
- Casually deliver a 100 percent professional product
- The successful applicant will have proven ability in similar role with up to date personal and professional references
- Excel, computer skills and numerical literacy important, but people management skills are paramount
- Must be free thinking, inventive and intuitive whilst problem solving under pressure and taking responsibility for results, whether positive or negative
- Demonstrated ability to be a total legend
- All weekly reports, budgeting, projecting, purchasing, rostering and general administration handled in a neat, correct and timely manner
- Delegating responsibility for purchasing, rostering and general administration to senior staff and monitoring results
- Manage venue staff issues effectively
- Lead, inspire, challenge and delegate responsibility to maximise staff group potential
- Liaise with all front of house staff to identify issues with service and the venue and generate solutions
- Start monthly meeting with supervisors and quarterly meetings with whole staff group.
- Meet all weekly target percentages for Purchasing, wages, marketing/promo and net trading income
- Actively chase better deals on stock prices to better bottom line.
- Identify staff members whose attitude and aptitude meet and exceed the venues requirement and spend time to train and elevate their responsibility level
- Oversee development of events, specials, collaborations and other opportunities to increase the standing of the venue
- Be guru like, have fun, make friends infuriate haters
Read more about the job and get started on your application here.