Marketing Assistant – MTV Networks Australia
MTV Australia and New Zealand currently has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Assistant to join the team, based in Darlinghurst, NSW.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the MTV Marketing department with all marketing and commercial initiatives and administrative duties across all channels in Australia and New Zealand, including MTV, Comedy Central and other channels. The role requires a high level of communication and the ability to work on numerous projects with internal and external stakeholders simultaneously.
- Assist the Marketing and Commercial team in the coordination of all marketing, trade marketing, digital, social media and event strategies and implementation
- In line with the Marketing team, brief creative and external partners on marketing initiatives and manage creative process to deadline
- Assist the Marketing team with project management and implementation of all marketing tentpole event
- Help support the Marketing team on all competitions including sourcing prizes, creation of terms and conditions and prize fulfilment for channel promotions
- Manage and update the Social Media content calendar for all brands including creation of programming and trade marketing posts
- Manage and present back monthly competitor analysis
- Assist in collating reports on all campaign results including an in-depth post analysis for each major marketing priority and weekly social media updates
- Assist the Commercial Team in end to end project management of client sponsored projects, including the creation of proposals and post campaign analysis report
- Management of all merchandise and signage initiatives for MTV and Comedy Central
- Responsible for coordinating and helping update budgets (i.e. logging costs, raising purchase orders, departmental expenses and travel costs)
- Development of monthly marketing collateral and delivery of digital distribution for all platforms including the on screen messaging for key International and local priorities
- Provide administrative support to the entire Marketing department
- 6-12 months of marketing or industry experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (completion of secondary education required)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) Photoshop skills a plus!
- Creative writing skills
- Strong understanding of social media and communications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and & work multiple deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication and good problem solving skills
- Creative & innovative
- Integrity & professional excellence
- Excellent presentation skills
If this sounds like you, hit us MTV with your resume & cover letter at [email protected].
Senior A&R Manager – Universal Music Group
Are you a music lover? Do you spend your waking hours in the music scene with an endless personal database of music knowledge? If you understand how the consumer is consuming music, see the trends and know what is selling, read on. Universal Music Group (UMG) has an incredibly exciting, and newly created opportunity for a Senior A&R Manager to join the team in Sydney.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for identifying, developing and making records with Australian & International artists. You will drive – from start to completion – the full cycle for the artist from repertoire creation to release. This is the unique opportunity for a music native to grow with a global leading brand and play a key role in the development of domestic and international artists.
- Identify, sign, develop and record artists for releases in commercial marketplace.
- Oversee the creation of audio recordings by artists; hiring of producers/engineers/mixers, song selection, studio locations, musicians, etc. – with artists and artist management
- Source and build relationships with producers, songwriters, mixers, video directors, photographers and other relevant contacts.
- Build P&L reporting and recording budget for review with Managing Director
- Develop brand visions with Marketing and communicate strategies to all stakeholders.
- Seek out and identify brands/products, which will contribute to the assigned revenue goals in conjunction with Managing Director Universal.
- Participate in solicitation of producers and songwriters for artists, recommend shortlist to MD, Universal and commission on approval within budget and provide artist support at recordings.
- Maintain knowledge of local and overseas charts, trends, cycles and cultures to support A&R decision-making.
Skills /experience required:
- Exceptional music knowledge and a genuine passion for music
- Identifies A&R trends
- The ability to work with artists & artist management and an understanding of the creative and production process
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Advanced online research skills and the ability to interpret data
Sound like you? Don’t sit around, you can apply here.
Marketing Coordinator – Adelaide Festival of Arts
An exciting opportunity exists for a marketing professional to join the team at the Adelaide Festival of Arts. Experience working in a marketing role for festivals, events or arts organisations is essential and a tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications or Media (or similar) is desirable.
- Assisting in the development of comprehensive marketing campaigns
- Liaison with various advertising suppliers and booking the festival’s media schedule
- Contribution to the maintenance of the company’s CRM system
- Liaison with ticketing agencies
- Researching and writing engaging, word-perfect content for online and print as well as contributing to the festival’s social media presence
- The Marketing Coordinator is also responsible for the festival’s signage program and distribution of printed promotional materials.
The successful applicant will enjoy making a positive contribution to a team and be well-organised, good humoured and accustomed to meeting deadlines in a dynamic and busy environment.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 30 May 2016 and should include a current resume and a cover letter outlining suitability for the role, addressed to Janet Christie, [email protected].