CHUGG ENTERTAINMENT – HEAD OF COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS (Sydney)
Chugg Entertainment is an Australian based entertainment business with a focus on promoting music festivals and touring international artists throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia. With current clients including The Dillinger Escape Plan, Elton John, Noname and The Preatures, Chugg are currently seeking an organised, entrepreneurial and passionate person to join their management team in Sydney as Head of Commercial Operations.
- CA/CPA/CIMA (or equivalent) qualified or industry experience.
- Working knowledge of P&L management.
- Working knowledge of relevant industry taxes.
- Strong computer skills across Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel.
- Proficient in MYOB or similar, with experience in IT project implementation.
- Ability to work consistently with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience at managing a team of accountants or similar.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise working to tight deadlines.
- Proactive thinking with excellent problem solving and analytics skills.
- A team player who also works well independently.
- Tour and Festival Accounting, including overseeing a team of accountants.
- Business Development and Commercial Operations including analysis of new business opportunities, reporting systems, process improvement and supplier management.
- Office management including IT, commercial lease and other general business operations.
If this sounds like you, send your resume and covering letter detailing any previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: Applications close Monday September 18.
INERTIA – DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER (Sydney)
Australia’s leading independent music company, Inertia, is currently accepting applications for a Digital Content Producer to join their Sydney team and work on a variety of projects crucial to their musical vision.
- At least 5 years experience in the music industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An expert knowledge of independent music, particularly within Australia
- Setting up, delivering and maintaining Interia’s digital and physical catalogue
- Assisting with digital marketing and strategy
- Managing the manufacture of physical products
To apply, send your resume and a covering letter introducing yourself and telling the name of your favourite playlist and when you listen to it to Ben Suthers, Director of Finance and Operations at email@example.com. Please note: Applications close Friday September 15.
BRASS MUSIC SPECIALISTS – WOODWIND SPECIALIST / RETAIL ASSISTANT (Brisbane)
Brass Music Specialists are an emerging specialist store in Brisbane, offering brass musicians a dedicated retail outlet for Brass, Woodwind, and Music Education resources. Due to expansion, Brass Music Specialists are currently seeking an educated Woodwind player to join their team as a dedicated Woodwind specialist.
- Personal experience on single reeds, double reeds, or flute to a professional level is required – university level is desirable, however, sufficient demonstration of knowledge on these instruments will be accepted (e.g. recent A.Mus.A or equivalent)
- Previous retail experience is also highly regarded – however, product and sales training will be provided
- Shop maintenance and cleaning
- Regular interaction with customers for sales and advice
- Shop duties including mailing, quoting and invoicing
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please submit your application with a résumé to Adam Luff, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.