Entertainment Manager – Grand Hotel Mornington
If you’re reading this, then you obviously love music. Good, you’ve already met the first criteria in becoming a new employee at the Grand Hotel Mornington. The venue is after a new Entertainment Manager (Melbourne) to take control of their live entertainment. Hosting acts such as The Delta Riggs, Paul Dempsey, The Bennies and Dallas Frasca, the Grand Hotel Mornington is one of the bayside’s top music venues, therefore the successful candidate will have big shoes to fill.
- Booking Acts
- Negotiating Contracts
- Running a publicity campaign to promote the Hotel & the Acts
- Managing a Bar Manager
- Managing the event on the night including ticketing & door
- Preparation & Management of a budget for the department
- Manage the team responsible for in-house technical services management
It is essential that candidates have experience in the live music industry or managing a venue. The successful person will need to understand or set the music genre for our venue. High levels of interpersonal skills are an absolute necessity & a strong pro-active drive/love for live music. Salary will be dependant on experience.
If you think you’re the right person for the job, then send your CV and cover letter to Cameron at [email protected].
International Manager – Mushroom Music Publishing
Based in Melbourne, and part of the wider Mushroom Group, Mushroom Music is Australia’s leading independent publisher. They have a strong international presence and work with a number of overseas partners. The group are looking to add a dedicated, conscientious and enthusiastic new member to their team to work alongside their Head of International.
- Provide general support to Head of International
- Receive information from our international partners and communicate internally
- Relay information about our catalogue to international affiliates and contacts
- Respond to queries from international clients in a timely manner
- Research forthcoming and new releases
- Source audio and copyright information as required
- Research new artists and songwriters
- Assist synchronisation, administration and A&R departments with relevant enquiries and requests
- Collate reports for international clients
- Respond to internal synchronisation briefs
- Co-ordinate international sample requests
- Co-ordinate guest list requests
- Regularly attend artist shows and meet with managers and songwriters as needed
Skills/ experience required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Broad understanding and interest in music
- Exceptionally organised with a thorough and methodical approach
- Working knowledge of the global music industry landscape
- Excellent time management
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Diligent work ethic
- Able to multi-task
- Deliver work of a consistently high standard
- Work well both in a team and independently
- Presentable and mature but not without a sense of humour
- Working knowledge of MailChimp and Excel preferred
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to further their career with one of Australia’s iconic music and entertainment companies.
If this sounds like you, please send your application to [email protected] by Friday September 9.
Radio Engineer – Southern Cross Austereo
Southern Cross Austereo is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and self-motivated engineer with a passion for broadcasting to join their dynamic Gold Coast team.
Working with a team of both broadcast and IT engineers your key focus will be to efficiently provide technology solutions and to maintain studio and broadcast systems to a high standard. You will work extensively on new technology projects and installations. This role will require IT skills however, you will work primarily with audio, electronics, OB equipment, RF transmission and other broadcast related systems.
They will provide you with the opportunity to work with our great brands, a motivated team of specialists and offer you training and development to grow and develop your career.
Skills/ experience required:
- Experience working with studio and RF transmission systems. You’ve ideally worked in radio; however candidates with a background in TV or other relevant industry are encouraged to apply
- Experience working with contemporary Information Technology infrastructure, operating systems, and applications
- A standard car licence
- Tertiary qualifications in electronics/electrical engineering or IT
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, plus the ability to handle multiple tasks/deadlines at the same time
- Fantastic communication and interpersonal skills – you’re a team player
- Exposure working with analogue and digital audio platforms and related technologies
- A willingness to do after hours and on call work
The opportunities are endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. As the newest member of the team you’ll get all the support and guidance you need to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
You can apply for the job here.