Recorded Music Manager – UNIFIED
UNIFIED is the soundtrack of good people working together to achieve extraordinary results. They exist as an artist services company; giving choice and freedom back to our artists on how they manage their career and music. One such way they achieve this is by creating artist owned and led record labels. The newly created position of Recorded Music Manager (Sydney) will oversee their artist led labels including ONETWO (Illy’s label), NLV Records (Nina Las Vegas’ label) and House of Beige (Remi’s label) as well as the other labels in their group – Hopeless Records and UNFD.
- Oversee the UNIFIED Group of Labels domestic and international recorded music releases
- Work with label partners on all artist development and release plans
- Manage the UNIFIED label teams
- Manage setting and achieving all label release budgets
- Lead the growth and development of UNIFIED’s Recorded Music
The applicant must have significant team management and label management experience, a passion for music and have an eye for detail. The applicant must also have an understanding of operating in a structured environment; that is you must understand deadlines, budgeting and strategic planning. An ability to communicate effectively via email and in person, reliability and a strong work ethic are essential. Strong grammar, knowledge of email etiquette and refined communication skills are imperative to the job.
Are you the right fit for the job? Then apply here.
Music and Events Digital Coordinator – ABC
ABC Music and Events are looking for a Digital Coordinator (Syndey) to coordinate content promotion and delivery across all major service providers.
- Coordinate content delivery onto Digital Service Providers
- Assist with the production of marketing materials, including basic filming and graphics for upload onto social media platforms
- Coordinate the monthly newsletter and database
- Actively communicate with labels digital audience to increase online reach
- Assist with coordinating digital marketing campaigns
- Ensure proper product linking, reporting, takedowns and rights take place
Skills/ experience required:
- Current knowledge of Australian and International music industry
- Experience working in mobile content/services, digital music provider or record label is desirable
- Knowledge of digital media industry, technologies, systems, products, services, distribution channels, business models and rights and royalty structures
- Understanding of physical and digital marketing of music
- Team player with the ability to multi-task under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of social media, including analytics
- Marketing experience desirable
- Computer literacy with skills in a range of applications required; Photoshop, basic HTML/coding, basic adobe suite and video editing software (various) desirable
Want to work for ABC? You can apply here.
Product Development Manager (eCommerce) – Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide. UMG are currently on the hunt for a Product Development Manager (eCommerce) to join their Sydney office.
As part of the wider eCommerce function, the Product Development Manager champions an innovative and inclusive culture that seeks out new opportunities to develop exciting and commercially viable products and experiences for their fans. The role will require you to plan, develop and deliver new online revenue generating opportunities across artist & main stores, ensuring existing online stores revenue/product development is maximised.
- Pro-actively pursuing prospects, pitching the capabilities and offering of the team to key contacts to win new business for the department.
- Manage the end-to-end new product development process including research, design and development, sampling, production and delivery to the warehouse, securing all operational and product details in order for the product to be sold.
- Collaborate with UMA Marketing / Bravado teams to ensure all UMA artist online store opportunities are maximized;
- Plan revenue forecasting for expected artist store product campaigns. Provide for additional campaigning / store activations / bespoke product development where forecasted revenue is below budget;
- Research artists and their fans to gather insight into appropriate product development strategies.
Skills/ experience required:
- Experience and exposure in online D2F environment.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-starter who keeps on top of technical/ industry developments
- Interest in music and a detailed understanding of Universal Music’s catalogue
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to spot trends and new opportunities
- Strong operational experience and understanding of new product development systems/ processes
- Experienced in using web-based project management and file management tools
- Strong network of contacts in Music both internally and externally
- Strong understanding of the new product development process and inherent operational/ cost considerations
Sounds like you? You can apply here.