Marketing Manager – Inertia Music
Australia’s leading independent music company, Inertia is seeking a Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director, the purpose of this Sydney-based role is to increase the profile, engagement and sales of some of Inertia’s most dynamic artists, releases and labels, managing marketing and publicity campaigns, retail strategies and production.
The role has a strong digital focus, with the right candidate possessing experience in social media marketing and an intimate understanding of the current digital sales and streaming landscape.
The role requires experience in label/product management, exceptional interpersonal skills, meticulous attention to detail, a passion for music and an independent spirit.
To apply, please email your C.V. and a brief cover letter to Ben Suthers, email@example.com, presenting your experience and telling Inertia about a publicity/marketing campaign that drove you to discover a new artist in the past year.
PR & Media Manager – Universal Music Australia
There is an exciting opportunity for a PR & Media Manager to join Universal Music Australia based at their Melbourne office. The successful applicant will develop and implement creative promotional strategies and manage media exposure of Universal products across major VIC based media. The position will be responsible for working closely with marketing to achieve maximum representation of allocated projects.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with business partners and relevant media platforms and proactively seek new relationships and opportunities.
- Key focus driving growth in exposure of Universal artists across relevant digital media. Keep abreast of trends and new places for potential exposure.
- Comprehensive and advanced planning of all artist promotional strategies and clear communication of media targets to marketing team.
- Provide regular and detailed reports on promotional activity, media coverage and results.
- Build great relationships with internal stakeholders to secure opportunities for Universal artists, such as social media and eCommerce.
- Coordinate artist promotional schedules including accommodation and travel logistics, phone interviews and assist in the setup of events.
Skills / experience required:
- Experience and advanced knowledge of the media landscape, including strong understanding of digital. Existing media contacts relevant to the position desirable (not mandatory).
- Sound knowledge of media channels in the VIC media landscape
- A driven self-starter who is persuasive and great at building relationships.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Creative, out of the box thinker who wants to seek new media opportunities.
- Live, Love & Breathe music!
If the above sounds like you, click here to submit your application. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Corporate Booking Agent – Ministry of Sound
Ministry of Sound are looking for a Corporate Booking Agent to join their team in Melbourne. In this exciting and diverse role you will focus on developing corporate opportunities for Soapbox Touring and Ministry of Sound Australia’s roster of artists.
Corporate & stakeholder management
- Act as the main point of contact for all corporate enquires and identify promotional and corporate business opportunities for our roster of artists.
- Develop professional and reliable relationships with promotors, agencies, event organisers and wider media to ensure maximum exposure and opportunities for our artists.
- Build strong relationships and maintain a broad network of corporate contacts which can further maximise opportunities for the Soapbox Agency and Ministry of Sound
- Drive this area of the business forwards, aiming to achieve specific results within an agreed set of KPIs
- Take full ownership in planning and managing corporate events including managing the booking process for artists, organising travel, transfers and accommodation
- Deliver on agreed budgets and chase down unpaid fees, contracts and other information required for securely legal bookings
- Effectively negotiate fees and manage financial relationships with promoters, venues, third party suppliers and contractors
Sourcing new talent
- Identify appropriate and strong, up and coming artists in the industry who might suit corporate events
- Maximise exposure for Soapbox artists through identifying revenue generating opportunities with identified third party suppliers
- Stay on the forefront of developments including monitoring competitor activity and new players in market
Skills/ experience required:
- A love for and knowledge of music!!
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience, ideally within the entertainment and creative industry or with experience in Events, Travel and/or Marketing.
- A solid understanding of youth culture with a background in the effective use of social media.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining relationships and negotiating with third party suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to adapt your communication style depending on who you are dealing with.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organisational and time-management skills
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining why you would like to be part of one of Australia’s most entrepreneurial independent music company.