VIDEO JOURNALIST – PEDESTRIAN TV (SYDNEY)
Pedestrian TV is a fast growing publishing brand based in Sydney. They’re on the look for a video journalist, who will be able to brainstorm engaging and potentially-viral video concepts every day and then execute them pretty much autonomously: pulling and piecing together footage, arranging interviews, shooting and, finally, editing content to live across our massive social media channels. From politics to plays on memes, no two days will be the same.
- Be a recent grad or have 1-2 years experience in a video editing / reporting role.
- Have a killer news sense, with a finger on the pulse of online conversation at all times and the hunger to hunt down exclusive stories and angles.
- Have high-level shooting and editing skills, with experience using a range of software (FinalCut, Premiere etc).
- Ideally have basic animation skills.
- Be flexible enough to work after hours when necessary.
- Have great time management skills
If this sounds like you shoot through your CV and five pitches for 1-2 min news-based video features that you think would make a great fit for Pedestrian TV by Friday, February 24 to Vanessa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIGGEDIN – LIVE MUSIC OPERATIONS MANAGER
Giggedin offer a ‘Netflix for live entertainment’ membership service that gets people out to gigs, cinema and comedy events for only $35 p/mnth. They are growing exponentially and looking for a creative, organised individual with music industry experience to become part of our core team.
- The role will be 60% operations and execution work and 40% account management and content creation.
- Wear many multiple hats: operations, marketing, general admin, data entry, customer service.
- Develop new relationships with clients and nurture existing ones with promoters, bookers and other folks in the music industry.
- Scout the best existing events and tours to offer our members each week.
- Book artists and promote GiggedIn exclusive shows and tours.
- Manage external suppliers and freelancers as well as intern(s).
- Help in content creation and copywriting across social channels, email communications and website.
- Brainstorm and problem solve as a core team member.
If this sounds like you then submit a CV and cover letter, that addresses the following questions: What were the last three gigs you went to? What has been the biggest influence on the music industry in the last decade and why? Who is your role model and why? Send your application to email@example.com before 28th of February.
RETAIL SALES – STORE DJ (BRISBANE)
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to build customer rapport and defuse difficult situations
- A positive outlook and ability to turn negative situations into positive outcomes
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work under time pressure
- Competent computer skills and experience using Windows
- Ability to follow company procedures
If this sounds like you, then submit a resume and cover letter here by Monday March 6.
LIVE AGENT – PS MUSIC GROUP (BRISBANE)
PS Music Group is an exciting and fast growing music company. With the agency arm standing as the only live artist’s agency based in Brisbane, they are built on a foundation of musical passion and technical expertise, servicing artists with exclusive live performance representation in Australia and New Zealand.
- Working in the domestic agency arm of Australian music company, PS Music Group.
- Servicing artists in a professional and enthusiastic manner, and ensuring constant good vibes.
- Taking direction from your senior agent for bookings related to their artist roster.
- Building, strategising and booking your own domestic artist roster.
To apply for this one, send a resume, including two referees and a statement on why you fit the role, to Director Will Watson here.