Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
FINANCE ASSISTANT - UNIVERSAL MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Fresh out of university and looking to crunch some numbers? Here's a sweet gig for you - Universal Music are looking for a Finance Assistant to join the team in Sydney. You'll primarily be dealing with music royalties and accounting, which is perfect for those looking to achieve an understanding of how money works in the world of music.
- Recent graduate of Finance/Accounting (or other relevant qualification) plus basic experience in administration, processing or finance-related role.
- You’re a ‘Numbers Person’ and keen to work in a Business/Finance/Accounting position.
- You may not have any Royalties experience, but have the aptitude to learn new things and ask the right questions.
- Impeccable eye for detail, excellent problem solving and organisation skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and enjoys learning new systems.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with a variety of co-workers.
Get your application in here.
JUNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - MOSHTIX (Sydney)
Here's another opportunity for all you young go-getters out there: Moshtix, one of the nation's leading ticketing companies, are seeking a Junior Software Engineer to join their office in Sydney. Although a software degree isn't essential here, it might help a little bit - but passion and being locked in to the zeitgest is probably more important here.
- Being a personable, hardworking team player
- Being passionate about developing high quality software and keeping up with current trends/technologies
- A software engineering degree is highly regarded, but not essential
To take over responsibility for Tech Support and ultimately move up to a project and mentoring role as experience and product knowledge is accumulated. Devs in this role are highly regarded by the wider Moshtix team, since every day they help make life easy for both clients and work mates.
Head this way to apply today.
LICENSING COORDINATOR - SONY MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Sony Music Australia have an incredible opportunity for an energetic and truly passionate music lover to join their Licensing team in our Darlinghurst office. They're looking for someone well-versed in communications who has incredible attention to detail and wants to become fully immersed in the music industry for the best possible results.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iOS Keynote
- Self-motivated, proactive and resourceful
- Able to work in a very fast and energetic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Either degree qualified or relevant experience
- Assist Director, Business Development and Licensing to create and deliver synchronisation licences for Sony Music Repertoire across all mediums such as Commercials, TV Promos, TV Programs, and Feature Films
- Understand different types of artist contracts and their limitations in regards to compilation and synchronisation purposes
- Independently respond to music briefs with Sony Music Entertainment master suggestions
- Identify key brands for alignment with both Sony Music and Sony artists
Apply via Seek here.
PUBLICIST - SECRET SOUNDS (Melbourne)
Our mates at Secret Sounds are looking for a talented publicist to join the Secret Service PR team in Melbourne. If you're looking to establish yourself as a figure in communicating music with Australia, this is a damn good opportunity to explore.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator, Adobe and Microsoft Word and Excel
- A passion for music and music focused events
- Strong knowledge of local media platforms
- Strong knowledge of local music industry
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ample creativity and energy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to hustle
- Great personality and sense of humour
- Full drivers license is essential
- Liaising with national media across all platforms radio, online, TV and print
- Creating and maintaining media schedules
- Writing press releases and bio material
- Creation of campaign strategies and pitching
- Media report collation
- Report writing
- Onsite event publicity management
Check out the position and apply via LinkedIn now.