Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
FBi RADIO – PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Sydney)
FBi Radio, Sydney’s leading youth broadcaster, has been at the forefront of the Australian music scene for years, actively promoting music, arts and culture across the airwaves in New South Wales. With a mission to shape and amplify independent music in Sydney, FBi are currently seeking a music minded individual to join their team as Program Director.
- Proven experience in radio with outstanding editorial skills and judgement
- Experience in identifying talent
- Ability to develop strategies to attract and maintain audiences, manage projects and major content initiatives, and to work effectively with other staff and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of FBi Radio broadcasters and program identities
- Strategic thinker with track record of innovation
- Ability to juggle demanding workload and excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, especially with volunteers
- A love of new music and emerging culture, with demonstrated experience in applying this to creating effective content that connects with audiences.
- Ability to assess training needs of producers and presenters and develop training programs as appropriate
- Effective knowledge of technology for content creation, broadcast and online delivery and knowledge of relevant broadcast laws, regulations and the Community Radio Codes of Practice is also desirable
- Maintain FBi Radio's position as a leading voice in music, arts and culture for a youth audience.
- Oversee all areas of the station's programming, including management, supervision and development of programming staff and volunteers.
- Provide leadership in editorial planning and decision making.
- Develop and implement editorial strategies for new and innovative content to build and maintain audiences across our platforms.
- Monitor and evaluate broadcast and digital content to continually improve standards, build audience, and ensure all content adheres to our guidelines including the Community Broadcasting Codes of Practice.
- Provide ongoing support, advice and feedback to content teams, including regular air-checking of presenters.
- Identify and develop appropriate talent, including through the development and delivery of training programs
- Liaise with partnerships team in identifying partnerships and other income generating opportunities
- Handle listener enquiries, feedback and complaints related to content
- Develop special programming projects and events that respond to FBi Radio's broader strategic objectives
- Manage the production of station and program promos with the Promo Producer.
- Coordinate fill-in shifts and act as emergency point of contact out of hours
If you’re interested in this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria through to email@example.com by 5pm, Monday October 2.
SOUND & MUSIC – SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Melbourne)
Sound & Music is a music and audio products importer and wholesaler, specialising in supplying name brand products to music and DJ retailers, studio and live sound production companies and institutions. They are currently seeking a sales professional with excellent communication skills to join their team in Melbourne.
- Previous sales experience, preferably in a similar role
- Industry experience and a passion for audio technology is highly regarded
- A motivated personality with a positive outlook
- The ability to work solo and with a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Liaising with customers and seeking out new business opportunities
- Making and servicing appointments with a high degree of autonomy
- Organising and completing various interstate travel to visit dealers
If this sounds like you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FENDER MUSIC AUSTRALIA - INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Sydney)
As the Australian division of the world’s leading musical brand, Fender Music Australia is at the forefront of the distribution of musical instruments nationally. To assist with their business goals, they are currently seeking a Sales Representative to join their offices in Sydney.
- HSC/VCE or state equivalent or the equivalent level of work experience
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Three (3) + years' experience in a sales position
- Passion for the Fender brands and products
- Thorough knowledge of guitars, amps and effects processors
- Knowledge of PA systems and IEMs
- Analytical mindset that can provide solutions
- Computer literate with good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Representing the complete portfolio of Fender brands
- Providing sales support to FMA independent dealer network through outbound and inbound calls, fax or e-mail
- Providing information regarding availability, current promotions, back order status, and shipping details
- Coordinating sales efforts with TSM's on a daily basis
- Track dealer participation in programs and promotions
- Maintain FMA database to include customer notes
- Specify and document Custom Shop Builds
- Allocate incoming stock
- Implement FMA policy
- Product training
- Assist with dealer sales
- Assist with FMA shows
- Meet assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales budgets
To make the most out of this career opportunity, visit the job listing on Seek and follow the prompts to apply.
ALLANS BILLY HYDE / AMI – ONLINE STORE MANAGER (Melbourne)
Melbourne’s favourite music shop, Allans Billy Hyde, is currently accepting applications for an Online Store Manager.
- 3+ years of proven e-commerce sales experience in a similar sized business
- Strong aptitude for utilising emerging technologies and working knowledge of Google Analytics, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and ERP systems such as Exonet
- Managing day-to-day operations that support the web business
- Manage and execute the brand merchandising calendar
- Working with IT and other key stakeholders to implement processes and structure for online purchases
- Plan and develop strategies to continuously improve and optimise the online experience
- Managing online inventory
- Understands and is the expert for online and mobile shopping trends, maintains advanced knowledge of competition, emerging trends, and opportunities
- Has an understanding of the online buying and transaction experience in an effort to improve customer experience and drives significant sales growth
- Train and mentor the sales team to achieve personal and business goals
To apply for this position, check out the job listing on Seek and follow the prompts to apply.
ALLANS BILLY HYDE / AMI – DIGITAL MARKETING / CONTENT ASSISTANT (Melbourne)
Allans Billy Hyde / AMI are also looking for an experienced creative individual to report to their Marketing Manager and operate their social media platforms.
- Experience in a Social Media/Marketing role within the creative sector
- Photography skills
- Video editing skills
- Computer literacy including basic design software competencies
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to work under pressure
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Customer focused
- Creating daily hype posting photos and taglines to Instagram
- Promoting the business through adding photographs to Facebook
- Photographing products, correcting and cropping for optimal website presentation
- Design and execute email blasts and promotional PDFs
- Create and edit product and event videos
- Design promotional catalogues for product collections and ranges
- Manage relationships and provide assistance to our online retail clients
- Other ad hoc tasks requested by the Senior Management
For more information on this position and details on how to apply, check out the company's Seek listing and follow the prompts to apply.
BOSE PTY LTD – LEAD SALES SPECIALIST (Sydney)
Leading audio company Bose is currently accepting applications for a full time sales position in their Westfield Bondi Junction store.
- Retail experience with a minimum of two years in a retail supervisory role preferred
- Proven sales skills in a retail environment
- Consumer electronics industry knowledge is helpful
- Strong communications – written and verbal
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to manage time wisely and adjust priorities as needed
- Assist in day-to-day responsibilities for store operations and, through regular rotational assignments, is accountable for a specific area within operations at any given time as directed by the Store Manager
- Responsible for conducting presentations, providing quality product demonstrations, delivering optimum customer service, developing strong customer rapport, and stimulating an exciting shopping experience for our customers
- Responsible for partnering with the Store Manager in executing operational programs and processes as well as coaching and developing store colleagues
- Fostering a team environment by promoting the culture, values, and mission of Bose Pty Ltd
- Achieving sales goals relative to store targets
- Providing exceptional customer service in all customer interactions
- Participating in all store trainings and certifications to continually develop in role
To apply for this position, follow the link included in the job listing on Seek here.