Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
GALACTIC MUSIC - INTERNAL SALES ADMINISTRATOR (MELBOURNE)
Established in 2009, Galactic Music is a division of Kosmic Electronic Industries, a company established in 1969 in Western Australia that is recognised as a leading national music product retailer through a combination of physical stores, a strong online presence and installation services throughout Australia. With their service centre based in Thornbury, Melbourne, Galactic are looking to hire an internal sales administrator.
- Phone enquiries and sales
- Order processing
- Producing content for Mailchimp newsletters
- Online sales
- Experience working with ERP software
- Good writing skills
- Good people skills
- Confident in Microsoft Excel
- Experience selling and communicating on eBay
- Experience in creating Mailchimp campaigns and templates
- Broad knowledge of Musical Instruments and Professional Audio products
- Graphic design skill would be a bonus
If this sounds like you please forward your CV to email@example.com.
MELBOURNE WRITER’S FESTIVAL – ARTISTIC DIRECTOR (MELBOURNE)
Melbourne Writer’s Festival is an internationally acclaimed, annual festival that celebrates literature and the work of writers. Melbourne Writers Festival is seeking its next Artistic Director. The Artistic Director will design and deliver festivals that inspire, challenge and delight existing and new audiences in 2018 and beyond.
The Artistic Director provides the organisation’s artistic vision and curatorial leadership and is responsible for initiating, developing and delivering the artistic program. The Artistic Director is deeply committed to literature, writing and ideas, and to creating extraordinary audience experiences. The successful candidate will demonstrate global thinking, and the capacity to develop the Festival’s reach and impact as a cornerstone event in Australia’s literary and cultural calendar.
To view the key selection criteria and apply for this position head here.
SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE – DIGITAL PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATE, CONTEMPORARY MUSIC (SYDNEY)
Digital content creation and distribution and social media interaction are integral elements of the programming strategy for Sydney Opera House, enabling the organisation to connect and create a deeper relationship with new and existing audiences.
An active contributor of ideas and a true collaborator, this role is responsible for the implementation of digital and social media initiatives, including but not limited to long and short-form video pieces; live streams; podcasts; blogs; apps; image galleries; and social media activity under the overall curatorship of the Head of Contemporary Music. This role is responsible for managing and growing the online community for the Contemporary Music area. This role also supports marketing and publicity initiatives for projects, ensuring that digital content is embedded within every campaign; as well as managing the administration and budget tracking for all digital initiatives within the program stream.
- A digital-native who is equally competent in generating creative and innovative ideas as well as possessing solid implementation and distribution skills
- Demonstrated experience with video production
- Demonstrated experience with social media
- Outstanding long and short-form written communication skills, demonstrated in examples of previous published (print or online) work
- Passion for the performing arts coupled with high awareness of digital trends in the Contemporary Music space
- Excellent research skills
- Proven strengths in analysing data to improve the effectiveness of digital activity
- Sound budget management skills
- Sound understanding of basic negotiations and contracting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Experience with Adobe Suite and/or Final Cut is preferable
- Experience with web content management is preferable
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages that clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
1. Explain your experience in online video content creation.
2. What does ‘digital engagement’ mean to you?
Applicants must create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Head here to do so by Monday June 12.
CENTURY VENUES – BACK OF HOUSE AUDIO & LIGHTING TECHNICIANS (SYDNEY)
Century Venues Group operate the iconic Enmore, Metro, Factory Theatres, The University of Sydney Manning Bar, Sydney Comedy Store, Sydney Comedy Festival and The Concourse Chatswood Performing Arts Centre are seeking Back of House professionals for their venue group in Sydney.
The Back of House Staff are the venues first point of contact for touring parties and hirers and need to have impeccable customer service and hospitality skills. The successful candidate will have a can do attitude and be responsible for overseeing all technical applications and Back of House requirements on a show by show basis for the venue. The ideal candidate for Back of House Management will have a minimum three years in the live event industry, a sound understanding of key elements of live production such as audio, lighting, stage management and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The group is also seeking competent Audio, Lighting and All-rounder Operators at all levels of experience to join our team to work across the venues various venues. All roles involve equipment and logistics management, operational duties between the various production departments, liaison between the touring promoter and the venue, providing a safe and clean workplace and ensuring delivery of a successful event for both the client and the venue.
Interested applicants please send your CV including references and a photo image of yourself by Friday June 30 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAYTON – ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT & CUSTOMER RELATIONS (SYDNEY)
F. Payton & Son are a Sydney-based distributor of musical instruments who are seeking an energetic and driven Admin Assistant & Customer Relations member. The role involves the accurate and timely processing of orders as well as nurturing already existing client relationships through a high standard of customer service. You will be working with a small friendly team of office based sales and customer relations people where you'll enjoy training and ongoing support.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Receiving incoming calls and emails.
- Liaising with customers and following up on questions and queries.
- Accurate order entry and processing.
- Invoicing and creating transport documentation for all outgoing freight.
- Working with the internal office and warehouse staff.
- Liaising with the sales team and providing support.
While experience from a similar role is preferred, if you have excellent interpersonal skills, pay a high attention to detail, and have the ability to multi-task then please get in touch.
To apply send your application to Chris at email@example.com by Friday June 16.