Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
PIANO SPECIALIST - ROLAND AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Roland Australia is currently seeking a part-time Piano Specialist to facilitate awareness of its products, create content, work with dealers and do other activities that ultimately lead to increased sales.The ideal applicant would have previous experience in sales and/or marketing, possibly having done a similar role in a different industry.
- Bachelor of Media & Communications/Bachelor of Business (Marketing, Public Relations)/Bachelor of Creative Industries (Media & Communications, or you’ve worked in PR for 2+ years and are just a gun at life in general
- Proven experience in a fast-paced PR & marketing role
- A broad demonstrated understanding of the local and national music (and wider) media landscape
- High-level copywriting skills (a must, please include examples with your application)
- Experience running social media campaigns (advertising, data analysis and reporting) as well as an understanding of the back end architecture of the key social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Advanced understanding of all Microsoft Office programs
- An extremely high level of proficiency in general admin + warp speed wpm
- Experience in EDM’s & Mailchimp inc database, data and list management
- Experience in SEO & digital marketing strategies and reporting (i.e., Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools)
- High-level skills in document preparation and management (templates / briefs / inter-office and external documentation)
- Proud attention to detail for application to briefs, and in preparing marketing materials for print, web and EDM
- Develop media plans and high quality collateral
- Press release copy writing and communication strategy development
- Implement PR & communications campaigns and manage activity to successfully promote clients including: securing feature albums, playlisting and organising exclusive online content placement including tour announcements, album reviews, competitions, giveaways
- Co-ordinate and arrange interviews, email Q&A’s, photoshoots and press conferences with media and talent
- Arrange online, print, radio, sync and TV coverage across national media outlets via multiple channels
- Co-ordinate media planning and buying for events to support key publicity coverage.
- Organise advertising schedules using a set budget to plan, quote, seek approval for and book campaigns including delivering schedule, art specs and editorial assets
- Ongoing maintenance of internal client reporting templates with new results
- Consistently updating and maintaining internal media database
- Securing reviewers and photographers for shows, arranging of accreditation and filing guest lists
- Manage digital content including website design, social media and ECRM.
- Report on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter via insight analysis.
- Customer relationship and campaign management.
- Client reporting and media tracking.
If you're a marketing whiz, don't sleep on this one. Email your resume, cover letter, and any examples of copywriting etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org
MUSIC ADMINISTRATOR - FOX SPORTS AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Fox Sports Australia is currently accepting applications for the part-time contracted position of Music Administrator.
- Advanced computer skills using the MS Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of television music and music rights preferred
- An understanding of music and media industry trends
- Experience of working in high-volume data environments
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational, administration skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently but cooperatively as part of a small team
- Ability to approach tasks creatively, laterally and analytically
- Willing to familiarise self with new work, processes, procedures and issues as required, and to contribute ideas and show initiative
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure and manage competing demands.
- Wide-ranging passion for music (and sport!).
To apply, hit the link here for Fox Sport's SEEK listing, and follow the prompts to get started.
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT VENUE MANAGER - CENTURY VENUES (Sydney)
Century Venues, the owners of iconic Sydney music hubs such as The Enmore, The Metro, The Factory and The Sydney Comedy Store, are on the hunt for a Venue Manager to take the reins and steer live music into a positive direction in the heart of NSW's capital city.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume, as well as your date of birth, photo ID, current address and residential status to email@example.com
- Ability to set up large scale sound systems (turnkey)
- Operate a wide variety of high end digital mixing desks
- Familiarity with flying and stacking speaker systems
- Operation of Audio DSP/Processing systems such as Lake
- Programing architectural software/processing, knowledge of digital and analog signal routing
- Knowledge of all other facets of the AV industry
- Extensive experience in similar role
- Project manage and direct crew
- Operation of all aspects of audio systems in a live environment
- Provide high quality mixes for all types of events
- Work with shop staff when needed to prep and pack gear for live events.
To apply, send a resume detailling your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org