Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SOLUTIONS REPRESENTATIVE - Sennheiser (Sydney)
Reckon you're good at lending a helping hand? Got a knack for audio solutions? This could be your dream gig - Sennheiser are looking for a Customer Support Solutions Representative to join the team in Sydney and drive an end-to-end support experience for consumers and audio professionals.
- Solid communicator and passionate about delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong work ethic and a great attitude to learning
- Enjoy problem solving
- Good computer knowledge and comfortable with using systems
- Answering incoming customer phone call and emails
- Accurate and timely processing of customer orders via the internal ERP system
- Actively following up on customer enquiries, keep the customer up to date on their order through to order fulfillment
- Acquiring and building on product and technical knowledge as to effectively and efficiently be able to resolve customer queries, issues or complaints
- Following up customer accounts
Interested? Head here for more details and to apply.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - ARIA + PPCA (Sydney)
Ready to take your career in the music industry to brave new heights? ARIA + PPCA, Australia's two peak music industry bodies, are currently accepting applications for the position of Marketing & Communications Manager. Based in Surry Hills, Sydney, this position will see the successful candidate be responsible for the formulating and delivery of key communications strategies and developments around the nation.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- At least five years experience in a similar role
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Responding to media queries on a wide range of complex issues
- Managing staff
- Strong writing abilities
- The ability to multitask several concurrent projects within a small team.
- A sound understanding and knowledge of the Australian music industry would be advantageous
- Working closely with a Social Media Manager and a Digital Content Producer/Graphic Designer, to initiate, coordinate and execute relevant, influential marketing strategies including media releases, legislative updates and alerts, website and online updates and social media strategies.
- You will also be deeply involved in coordinating key events throughout the ARIA Awards calendar, including but not limited to the Nominations Event, ARIA Week and the ARIA Masterclass.
To apply, shoot your resume and a cover letter through to HR.firstname.lastname@example.org
RECEPTIONIST - Nightlife Music (Brisbane)
Nightlife Music is the premier music subscription service for business, and one of the largest employers in the Australian music industry, servicing over 4,000 hospitality, fitness, leisure and accommodation ventures around Australia. They're currently looking to fill a vacancy in their administrative team in Brisbane, and are looking for a talented receptionist to join the team.
- 2 years' experience in an administrative, accounts or reception role preferred
- Prior experience using QuickBooks or MYOB desirable, but not essential
- Strong verbal and written communication with a pleasant, professional and confident phone manner
- Ability to complete tasks autonomously with a high-level of accuracy
- Strong computer skills including experience with the Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Team player with a strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible and multitask
- Proven time management skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Welcoming all visitors to Nightlife Music
- Answering inbound calls on the main line and redirecting where necessary
- Managing daily workflow using Nightlife's proprietary CRM
- Receipting of daily banking into the accounting system
- Coordinating travel bookings for staff across multiple departments
- Ordering of office supplies
- General administration and office support duties
- Regular maintenance and updating of in-house databases with client information
To submit your application, send your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Heidi Richards at email@example.com
A&R + ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR - 120 Publishing (Sydney)
As the publishing arm of the TMRW Group (formerly Ministry of Sound for all you doofers out there), 120 Publishing are one of the most respected publishing teams in the Australian electronic music industry. They've got a cozy little role as A&R + Administration Coordinator up for grabs in their Darlinghurst office which might just have your name written all over it. Interested? Read on....
- A broad knowledge of and interest in all subgenres of dance and electronic music
- An understanding of pop, rock and other genres is highly desirable
- Strong organisational skills
- An interest in learning about A&R/creative, copyright, royalties, contracts and other aspects of music publishing
- Providing both administration and creative support to the A&R Manager
- Coordinating pitches, briefs and submissions between our writers and clients
- Catalogue and database management
- Providing assistance with both copyright and royalties
- Filing and other general administration
If you're looking to two-step your way into the music industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you - apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org