Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
CONTENT PRODUCER - WARNER MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Warner Music Australia is currently accepting applications for the multi-faceted position of Content Producer. Based in Warner's Sydney offices, the lucky applicant will be tasked with everything from designing music video shoots to art direction and graphic design, with previous experience in content creation essential to this role.
- Previous experience in content creation, distribution and management desired
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities
- A passion for the local and international music industry
- Overseeing content shoots
- Coordinating music videos, style shoots, graphic design
- Project management
If you feel like this is your calling, email your resume and a cover letter detailling relevant experience to email@example.com.
SOUND ENGINEER - ABC CLASSIC FM (Melbourne)
Classic FM is seeking a talented sound engineer to join their team on a full-time basis. Based in Melbourne, this position will see the applicant produce live music output and support operational and technical requirements for studio and live recordings.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in digital audio recording, mixing, and editing systems in music broadcasting and knowledge of sound recording principles, practices, and techniques
- An understanding of the aims and output of Classic FM and ABC Jazz on-air and online, with an appreciation of a range of musical genres including classical music
- Working knowledge and experience in the setup of studio and outside broadcasts, including all WHS standards and safe manual handling procedures
- Appropriate educational qualifications or industry experience
Don't sleep on this opportunity. Jump on to the ABC Careers portal and submit your application today.
COMMISSIONING EDITOR - RADGE MEDIA (Adelaide)
Radge Media is looking for a commissioning editor to join the team and help spearhead Fest Magazine prior to the company's coverage of the esteemed Adelaide Fringe Festival in February next year.
- The successful candidate will be dynamic, sociable, and able to work effectively under pressure
- The candidate will be able to meet the changing demands of the festival environment, all while maintaining Fest’s growing position in the marketplace
- Well versed in the performing arts, particularly in an Australian context
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, with a strong command of local vernacular
- Experience with Google Drive, particularly spreadsheets, or other cloud computing services such as DropBox
- Excellent organisational and scheduling skills, able to work flexibly in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience attending and ideally covering the Adelaide Fringe and Festival
- Well-connected and able to maintain good relationships with publicists, particularly in the arts festival environment
- Able to balance the editorial vision of the publication with the commercial needs of the company
- Experience managing editorial budgets and working with freelancers
- The commissioning editor will communicate a vision of Fest under their editorship, reflecting the relevant cultural areas in an open and accessible tone which engages with a local audience
- You will recruit and manage a team of contributors to ensure coverage of the Adelaide Fringe and Festival is as exhaustive as possible
- Planning and commissioning all content for each of the four issues of Fest's printed magazine and for fest-mag.com, and creating and managing a review schedule
- Act as a figurehead for the magazine in an industry setting
- The Fest commissioning editor must also work closely with the Director to explore means to develop the Fest brand in Adelaide and beyond
Submit your application here.
DJ - PLATYPUS SHOES (Melbourne)
Ever wanted to snatch the AUX cord away from the employees behind the register and set the vibe inside your favourite sneaker store? If so, read on. Platypus in Melbourne Central is currently interviewing for a dedicated DJ with a passion for sneakers to act as in-store DJ on a casual basis.
- Personal style to represent Platypus Shoes as a brand ambassador
- Up to date knowledge of the best urban hip hop beats to play
- A strong belief in delivering premium, genuine customer service
- A passionate attitude, eager to achieve a pumping store vibe
Dust off your CDs and submit your application today.
Image via Drew Patrick Miller.