Swedish prog-metal juggernauts Opeth have shared details of their forthcoming 13th record In Cauda Venenum, scheduled for release in the latter half of the year.
In Cauda Venenum, which translates from Latin into 'the posion in the tail,' is set for release via Moderbolaget Records/Nuclear Blast Entertainment, and acts as the follow up to 2016's Sorceress. The new record will be released in two different versions, with one being sung in English and the other in Swedish.
While there's no solid release date for the project yet, it's safe to assume we can expect to hear this sometime in Spring, with the band promising to share more details about physical and digital releases as well as release details in the coming months.
Check out the album artwork and track listing for In Cauda Venenum below. With Opeth set to tour Australia this December, we can't wait to be treated to whatever the band are cooking up for unlucky album 13.
In Cauda Venenum - Opeth
01. Livet’s Trädgård / Garden Of Earthly Delights (Intro)
02. Svekets Prins / Dignity
03. Hjärtat Vet Vad Handen Gör / Heart In Hand
04. De Närmast Sörjande / Next Of Kin
05. Minnets Yta / Lovelorn Crime
07. Ingen Sanning Är Allas / Universal Truth
08. Banemannen / The Garroter
09. Kontinuerlig Drift / Continuum
10. Allting Tar Slut / All Things Will Pass
Head to Metropolis Touring to find out more about Opeth's upcoming Australian tour.