Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Sennheiser (Sydney)
Sennheiser is a world-renowned developer and manufacturer of premium products in the audio technology space. Headquartered in Germany and with a presence across 90 countries, Sennheiser delivers premium sound and unified communications technology equipment to commercial businesses, audio professionals and music enthusiasts across the globe. They are looking for a graphic designer to join their team in Sydney!
- Professional experience in Graphic Design and Production, ideally gained in Agency, Manufacturing, Consumer Electronics or FMCG
- An excellent knowledge of current graphic design software
- A strong understanding of design principles for print and web
- Knowledge of current graphic design trends, styles, and technological advances
- Familiarity with page layout and production requirements
- Project and vendor management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong PC skills, including MS Office and Adobe packages
- Copywriting and video production skills are highly desirable
- Supporting Marketing with local design and print production requirements, applying globally produced assets to design specifications - in alignment with the global brand guidelines and consumer marketing strategy
- Designing Retail Partner and Direct Store assets as required, across a variety of disciplines including POP, Promotions, Social, Brand Partnerships, Brand Advertisements (print and digital), Marketing collateral, and Animated gifs/ Video (preferred but not essential)
- Localisation and rollout of design assets for new product launches across all key owned and earned touchpoints
- Concept development of local promotional opportunities as required
- General design support for the ANZ office administration needs
- Occasional international and interstate travel will be required as a part of this role
If this sounds like the job for you, head over here to submit an application!
RADIO PRODUCER - Triple J (Melbourne)
If you don’t know about Triple J, this job is not for you! They're a national radio network for young Australians and lovers of new music. They work across radio, online, video, TV, social media and more. Triple J is recognised around the world as an authority on new music. Triple j is looking for a Producer to oversee and coordinate the content and sound of The Hook Up on Triple j while contributing to the maintenance and growth of the target audience and overall network objectives.
- Experienced and dynamic radio
- Intricate understanding of the triple j target audience
- Proven ability to produce creative and engaging radio and online content for a young audience
- You've got plenty of ideas and aren't squeamish when it comes to talking about topics that other workplaces might deem NSFW.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, including the ability to provide feedback to the presenter.
- Produce The Hook Up on-air and online
- Identify relevant topics and themes for the program
- Working with the presenter – research and develop content, interviews, and longer campaigns for the program.
- Write, produce, mix and edit interviews for the program.
- Co-ordinate program content across all platforms including podcast, video, online, mobile and social media
For the opportunity to work for this iconic radio station, click here to submit an application and read more about the position.
MUSIC LABEL COORDINATOR - Central Australian Media Association (Alice Springs)
CAAMA Music, with a 40 year heritage of giving indigenous artists a voice and a platform is searching for a new Label Coordinator to take charge of label operations and obligations. Working closely with the artist development manager and reporting directly to the General Manager you will be taking care of all label operations, current artists along with signing new talent to the label. Based in Alice Springs but being able to travel when necessary, the successful applicant will enjoy all that central Australia has to offer, from the majestic MacDonnell ranges to the thriving live music and art scene.
- Demonstrated experience in the music industry with specific focus on music label operations, artist management, marketing and publicity
- Demonstrated high-level organisational and administrative skills including attention to detail
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a member of a large and diverse team of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and organisational skills
- Knowledge of country and language groupings of Central Australia (highly desirable but not essential)
- Identifies, and is accepted, as a person of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island heritage (highly desirable but not essential)
- Relevant qualification and/or certification (desirable)
- Knowledge of indigenous Music Industry (desirable)
- Manage CAAMA Music label business and artist career development
- Build and maintain CAAMA Music’s profile digitally through networking activities to promote and grow positive relations with the music industry
- Engage and promote Community artists to preserve aboriginal language and culture
- Actively seek funding and business opportunities consistent with CAAMA’s strategic plan
- Plan and manage activities associated with artist signing & label product development & label contract management
- Manage grant funding applications and reporting
- Undertake project management activities as required to deliver against grant funding obligations
- Coordinate Artist and repertoire (A&R) activities in conjunction with Artist Career Development Mgr
- Remote travel communities within the CAAMA licence footprint to attend events and identify& asses future “Artist Signing “ opportunities.
- Coordinate & deliver CAAMA Music Label publicity activities on all digital platforms to industry stakeholders including wholesale & retail distributors
- Coordinate with sales, distributors accounts departments and clients to deliver timely royalties distribution associated with publishing ,licencing and sales
- Manage artist and collection society reporting
- Apply cultural understanding and awareness in the workplace
- Participate as an effective team member within CAAMA to build strong industry relationships and employment opportunities for Aboriginal people
- Apply safe working practices at all times
For a unique opportunity to work with talented artists and endangered languages, head over here to submit an application!
MUSICIAN - Royal Australian Air Force (Sydney/Victoria)
Expand your repertoire and stretch your musical skills as an Air Force Musician. In a variety of ensembles and groups, you'll play everything from jazz to rock to big band. If you wish to stretch your musicianship in diverse new ways, and enjoy job security at the same time, an exciting career awaits you in the Air Force.
- At least 17 years of age
- Australian Citizen
- Year 10 completion
- Proficient in the prescribed instrument(s) and able to pass an audition
- A pre-audition audio file or CD will be required
- Medical and fitness guidelines also apply
- Enrich Air Force culture and promote the Air Force throughout Australia and overseas by performing music for Government and Defence Force ceremonial occasions, parades, commemorative events, conferences, formal dinners, military and state funerals, the Defence Force community, festivals, public concerts, school concerts, and charity events
- You may also be required to play a key role in ADF troop morale initiatives, performing in operational and peacekeeping environments
For more info about the role, head over here!
RADIO MANAGER - Mushroom Group (Sydney)
The iconic Mushroom Group, Australia’s leading independent music and entertainment group, is looking for a Radio Manager to be based in Sydney as part of the Mushroom Labels team. They are seeking a passionate music lover who will be responsible for heading up the day-to-day management of key radio partner accounts including triple j and commercial radio networks. This is an exciting role that will allow the successful candidate to showcase their passion for some of the best Australian and International music.
- Min. 3+ years of experience in radio promotions, or similar
- Has an in-depth understanding of the Australian radio landscape
- Strong music vocabulary and confident pitching music verbally and in writing
- In depth knowledge of current international and domestic new music and trends
- A true team player
- Drive the growth and exposure of Mushroom label artists through actively servicing and promoting label artists to allocated radio partners
- Build and maintain strong relationships across all radio nationally
- Work closely with the label and promo team to develop and implement radio strategy to optimise performance and exposure of all label artists across multiple radio formats
- Monitor weekly spins and provide regular, detailed reports of both key promotional activity and performance of Mushroom Label artists across all radio
- Develop and oversee the execution of artist promotional schedules for radio interviews and on ground radio opportunities
- Attend gigs, events and launches in a work capacity out of regular business hours as required
Keen? Click here to apply!
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT - Australasian Music Supplies (Melbourne)
Australasian Music Supplies are currently looking for a motivated person to work in their dynamic and friendly music distribution warehouse!
- Warehouse experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of music products (desirable)
- Heavy lifting
- Literacy skills must be good
- Picking, packing and assembely of orders
- Unloading containers and general warehouse tasks
If this sounds like the job for you, swing your resume over here!