Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
BRAND ADVOCATE & RETAIL - Sennheiser (Sydney)
Sennheiser is a world-renowned developer and manufacturer of premium products in the audio technology space. Headquartered in Germany and with a presence across 90 countries Sennheiser delivers premium sound and unified communications technology equipment to commercial businesses, audio professionals and music enthusiasts across the globe.
- Excellent verbal, written presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a wide variety of clients and develop relationships at all levels, with enthusiasm and energy.
- An understanding of optimum merchandising principles.
- The ability to work autonomously, self-motivate, schedule and manage your time effectively.
- The demonstrable ability to present product knowledge to groups within a retail sales environment.
- The ability to engage with customers and identify their needs.
- Influencing skills, to clearly communicate and influence at all levels.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with evidence of innovation to show that you have the initiative to promote a brand or product.
- Supporting sales of Sennheiser products via retail partners, by developing strong relationships with management and staff, building brand awareness, assisting with optimum merchandising and training staff in the Sennheiser product and effectively selling it to their customers.
- Ensure retail partners are as passionate as you are about the Sennheiser name and product range.
- Work with the Sennheiser senior sales team as the face of Sennheiser on a day to day basis, and drive communication between Sennheiser and their retail partners to create a seamless experience for our customers.
Click here to submit an application!
RECEPTIONIST - Mushroom Group (Melbourne)
Mushroom is the most successful group of music and entertainment companies in the region. They are currently looking for two (2) Receptionists (a morning and afternoon shift) on a permanent full time basis to become our first point of contact for their visitors and to manage the telephone switchboard.
- You have an engaging and vibrant personality that enables you to build rapport and create an initial first impression that is consistent with the Mushroom Group culture and vibe.
- Previous experience in working in a busy receptionist/admin position and managing a switchboard.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to follow through and provide exceptional customer service.
- Meeting and greeting all visitors
- irecting all incoming calls
- Answering various enquiries from the public
- Assisting with clerical and admin support for the various companies within the Mushroom Group when required.
If you're keen as a baked bean, head over here to apply!
INTERNAL SALES COORDINATOR - Innovative Music (Melbourne)
Established in 1992, Innovative Music is the leading importer and distributor of music technology products in Australia, representing brands such as Focusrite, Novation, Moog and Avid. They seek an Internal Sales Coordinator to join the team in our office at Notting Hill, Victoria.
- A knowledge and understanding of music technology products.
- Strong IT skills, with familiarity across the MS suite of applications.
- Previous sales experience, but not necessarily in the music products market, will be well regarded.
- Handling internal sales calls, assisting customers and processing orders, utilising an ERP/CRM system
- Sales administration tasks, including CRM updates, collating paperwork and assisting the sales team.
- Administration tasks relating to technical service.
CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER - Yamaha (Sydney)
Yamaha Music Australia is the leading provider of music, audio visual and educational services in Australia. With 11 schools nationally, this growing division is seeking a passionate Customer Service Officer to join our education team at our Baulkham Hills Music School. As a Customer Service Officer you are responsible for delivering a high level of customer service and support directly to their families in Sydney, and also nationally.
- Handle customer queries and resolve issues
- Update/set up customer details and enrolments on the system
- Assist customers with account queries, payments and transfers
- Liaise with Melbourne head office and Sydney teachers, providing varied school administration support
- Oversee local school operations of our Sydney schools
- Communicate query updates and follow up with customers and teachers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- High level of data entry skills - speed and accuracy
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Excel and Microsoft suite programs
- Customer service/education admin experience
Customer service legends, or aspiring legends, head over here to apply.
MUSIC PUBLICIST - The A&R Department (Sydney)
The A&R Department is the leading Australian company for developing and releasing music from emerging Australian talent. The A&R Department is focused on providing a platform for artists to develop their artistic direction and promote, distribute and publish their music while staying 100% independent.
- Energetic and compassionate
- A strong independent streak and an undeniable commitment to music. From grass-roots to global, we want to see proven experience and relative success in relevant sectors, be it media, events, education, publishing or distribution.
- Working closely with the Label Manager, this contract-based role will see you tasked with developing and executing campaigns intended to build the stories, skills and careers of emerging talent.
- Target specific areas of radio and online publications in the development and education of young songwriters, as well as execute broad campaigns for those about to breakthrough, securing the appropriate coverage and hunting the desired result.
Interested? Apply here!