Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
MARKETING MANAGER - Sony Music (Sydney)
At Sony Music Australia, they're searching for someone who lives and breathes music and who would love to combine their passion for music with their superstar marketing experience! Reporting to the GM of Marketing – International, you will be responsible for the creation and implementation of marketing strategies for International artists based in their Darlinghurst office. There will also be a requirement to support some local Australian artists as part of your roster.
- Strong digital marketing or social background and familiarity with streaming
- Follow the music industry, our artists and our labels
- Creative thinker, proactive in your approach, able to work autonomously and also be a team player
- Open minded and have an ability to take on and utilise diverse opinions
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate effectively across all levels and internally and externally
- Be a relationship driven person
- Have brand awareness
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills
- Ability to work as part of a team but also complete work autonomously
- Looking to grow within the company
- Experience in the entertainment industry (nice to have, not essential)
- Develop creative and tailored marketing campaigns, with a strong digital focus, for an assigned roster of artists across a range of genres, in consultation with all departments
- Regularly communicate with the promotions, publicity, sales and digital divisions to ensure the effective execution of marketing plans
- Forecast project based marketing and sales budgets in line with the core objectives of the campaign and Sony Music
- Effectively communicate marketing plans to external stakeholders
- Adapt and execute marketing plans in a changing consumer environment
- Monitor marketing objectives, strategies, advertising and promotions for all releases and analyse overall success and effectiveness
- Analyse social, lifestyle and market trends for exploitation
- In consultation with the GM of Marketing and the A&R team, create and build all local marketing tools, including artist imagery, videos and other online content
- Foster effective relationships with artists, management and other key stakeholders
Head over here to apply!
A&R EXECUTIVE - Habit Music (Brisbane)
Habit is a leading music marketing agency based in Brisbane, with a focus on delivering big results in publicity, radio, and digital. They are currently looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and passionate individual to join their team as a part-time A&R Executive. This one's located in Brisbane, however if the perfect candidate arises they'd also consider working remotely.
- Proven taste in good music that is aligned with the Habit roster.
- Previous sales experience highly desirable.
- Confident in approaching and communicating with potential new clients.
- Sound knowledge of the music industry, especially new music marketing, tour and album marketing is preferred.
- Existing relationships with music industry highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, but also autonomously and without supervision.
- Excellent computer skills, preferably on Mac.
- Goal orientated and highly motivated to succeed.
- A passion and love for music and working in the music industry.
- Active participant in the local music scene a plus.
- Must love dogs.
- Sourcing and listening to new music suitable for the Habit roster.
- Contacting and communicating with potential new clients such as bands, artist management and record labels.
- Conducting phone and face to face meetings with potential new clients.
- Maintaining a database and contacts.
- Preparing sales proposals.
For more information on this position and to submit an application, click here!
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR - The Song Room (Melbourne)
The Song Room is a nimble, entrepreneurial for–purpose organisation that brightens the futures of Australia's most disadvantaged young people through impactful, high-quality music and arts programs, delivered in partnership with schools across the country. The key purpose of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is to support the delivery of The Song Room's marketing and communications strategy. This role delivers marketing and communications projects which generate demand for education programs in schools and online, grow The Song Room's brand with new and established audiences, grow funding and fundraising income and drive digital engagement and growth.
- 3 + years previous experience in a similar role or a clearly demonstrated capacity to meet the requirements of the role as described in the Key Outcomes and Key Responsibilities
- An undergraduate degree in Marketing or Communications
- Creative and innovative – finds ways to work better and smarter, generates ideas, is open to change and alternatives
- Strong creative writing skills
- Graphic design skills
- Clear communicator – written and verbal. Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management skills – can deliver a project from inception to completion
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Salesforce, website content management systems, and social media management tools, Google Analytics.
- Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop preferred
- Implementation of key brand and advocacy campaigns
- Delivery of fundraising campaigns and activities including project coordination of the annual PlayAir campaign and appeals
- Coordination of third party fundraising events
- Research of potential supporters and preparations of materials to brief the team
- Production and distribution of high quality communications content developed for a range of channels including eDMs, DMs, presentation documents, merchandise, promotional videos and collateral which are dynamic and engaging in consultation
- Preparation of communications for corporate partner engagement
- Coordination of events including fundraisers, performances and VIP stakeholder functions
- Preparations of creative briefs
- Public relations - management of media contacts and monitoring of publicity received
- Design support to ensure quality and consistency of our brand, and to build the broader teams’ capacity to produce quality documents
- Scheduling of social media posts
- Communications quality control - including websites and other online presences are engaging and up to date, identifying technical issues as they arise, editing and proofing a range of documents including funding submissions to acquittal reports.
- Management of brand assets and content storage
- Management of the collection and storage of content including case studies, stories, images, videos and their permissions.
- Market research
- CRM Data management and reporting
- Coordination of the online store and ecommerce orders
- General administrative support
- Meet and exceed key performance indicators as documented with the Director of Market Development
Think you've got what it takes? Head over here to submit an application!
MANAGER - Artist Guitars (Sydney)
Artist Guitars is one of the leading musical instrument company in Australia! They started only 10 years ago and have grown significantly every year. This position would be responsible for all the operational parts of the business. Your main role would be to monitor, manage all the departments and to ensure smooth collaboration between departments. There will be lots of variety and it suits someone who has good general knowledge and skills.
- Love guitars (but you don't need to be a great player)
- Have the ability to solve complex problems independently.
- It will have creative components, but the creativity will be of an analytical type.
- Capable with excel
- Have great communicating skills
- Can solve technical problems on all equipment (Amps, Electric drums, pedals, guitars) or be willing to learn
- Can effectively lead a team
- Can understand technology and systems
- Monitor and manage all the departments
- Ensure smooth collaboration between departments
- Lead a team
- Create discipline in the team around process and procedure
- Deliver the highest level of customer service (check out our reviews)
Interested? Click here!
MUSICAL INSTRUMENT RETAIL/ONLINE DATA ENTRY - Dream Music (Sydney)
As a motivated and dynamic individual you will pride yourself on exceptional customer service within our growing & expanding business.
You will have loads of energy and enthusiasm for our customers and products and will have previous sales experience with a proficient knowledge of either, Guitars, Keyboards / Digital Pianos, Hi-Tech Gear & their related products.
- Professional sales focused approach with a drive and passion to succeed
- A trustworthy and confident team player, helpful and cooperative
- Ability to build customer rapport quickly and easily both in person, over the phone and also via online mediums
- Be flexible with a willing and 'can do' attitude
- Maintain a positive and proactive outlook, be self motivated and results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management and follow-up skills extremely important
- Possess great attention to detail
- Previous industry experience preferred
- Answering telephone sales calls
- Dealing with customer sales enquiries both in person and liaising with them via email
- Following up sales leads
- Liaising with suppliers and manufacturers
- Placing orders
- Setting up & packing down of gear
- Packing orders and products ready for dispatch, booking parcels etc.
Online Data Entry Role:
- Intermediate experience with the use of Excel spreadsheets for mass listing and editing of products and pricing for sale online
- Product database creation and maintenance via CSV file uploads to Magento web cart platform and Ebay listing software
- Organisation and maintenance of internal systems, logs and processes for product creation
- Gathering and collating product data from multiple suppliers, manufacturers and online resources
Keen on this one? Click here for more info!