Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
PRODUCER – NOVA ENTERTAINMENT (Melbourne)
Nova Entertainment, the esteemed Aussie company encompassing Nova, smoothfm, FIVEaa and Star 104.5, is looking for a new producer to join their Melbourne office.
- Able to demonstrate strong and effective communication skills with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Technical equipment expertise, e.g. Microsoft products and in-house programs such as Maestro and Voxpro, Zetta
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the business and collaborate with local and national teams
- Keep up to date with current market and industry trends
- Previous Media producing experience
- Working alongside the executive producer, you will ensure all content opportunities are maximised and are relevant to current pop culture and music trends
- Ensure smooth running of the show by making sure all technical and panel equipment is effective and working
- Proactively submit ideas and concepts to the production team for on-air content and provide feedback to on-air talent during and after the show
- Take charge of the administration and communication internally and externally with partners and listeners
Sound like you? Apply here today.
AUDIO VISUAL SUPPORT & LOGISTICS OFFICER – SOUND AGENTS (Sydney)
Sound Agents are an audio, vision, lighting and staging production company offering their expertise to clients across Sydney for more than 15 years. They’re currently on the hunt for an experienced AV Support & Logistics Officer to join their Parramatta-based team.
- Audio/Vision production experience
- Technical knowledge of audio, vision, lighting and staging
- Minimum 3 years in the A/V production industry
- Ability to manage a team, external crew and third party contractors
- Methodical, thorough and process oriented
- Source and allocate equipment, supplies, crew and vehicles
- Coordinate project delivery plans, documentation and logistics
- Assist with crew, bump in, operations and bump out
AV Operations Assistance
- Client servicing on small projects and dry hires
- Maintenance of external crew for quality and quantity of techs
- Act as purchasing officer for upkeep of inventory and stock
- Assist with standardisation of production procedures
- Implement industry best practices across service delivery
If you’re keen to jump on this opportunity, submit your resume and cover letter here before Friday December 7.
EVENT COORDINATOR/BRAND MANAGER – THE SECRET CHALET (Sydney)
Looking to take a step forward in the events industry? The Secret Chalet, a Sydney company creating niche events targeted towards musically cultured attendees, is searching for an Event Coordinator/Brand Manager to lead a senior role and run a small team.
- An Event Management/Public Relations qualification is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- A passion for electronic music is a must
- Must be highly organised and communicative
- Suits PR/Events student and/or school leavers with industry experience
- Assist with the planning, operations and execution of music events
- Help conceptualise Facebook/Instagram visual imagery
- Oversee artwork design with graphic designer
- Oversee media creation such as video content and photo shoots
- Create collaborations with fashion labels
Interested? Apply here.
DIGITAL MARKETING ASSISTANT – LIVE NATION (Melbourne)
Live Nation is the world’s leading live entertainment company, and they want you to join their team. They’re after a Digital Marketing Assistant to work from their Melbourne office on a full-time basis in assisting to champion the Live Nation digital channels, to engage their fans and to proactively build their email database.
- A creative yet strategic eye for content and a proven experience in website, email and social media platform management
- Beyond exceptional attention to detail
- A can-do attitude, loads of great ideas and the ability to get stuff done autonomously
- A few years of email marketing experience, knowledge of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, list management, deliverability and privacy laws
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience with Salesforce and other social media platforms
- Enthusiasm for data analytics and continuously improving on performance
- Outstanding time management skills
- A collaborative working style
- A genuine love for live entertainment
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator and video editing skills are a bonus
- Keep the Live Nation website, homepage, events, LNTV and all other areas up to date
- Ensure we have appropriate search engine optimisation for all our web content
- Contribute to content planning and input creative suggestions that support our tours and engage our fans
- Produce engaging and informative content through a variety of mediums (image, text, Video)
- Write informative and effective search engine optimised copy for our social channels
- Manage production and distribution of email campaigns
- Ensure all digital campaigns are best practice in the industry
- Ensure all data handling is compliant with Australian privacy laws and GDPR
- Manage all social media accounts, ensuring content is optimised for each platform
- Work with the wider team acting as an advisory on the brand look, feel and tone of voice in all digital communications
- Keep up to date with changes and advances in the digital space, keenly testing new ideas and approaches
- Assist with the monitoring of social media by ensuring all enquiries are responded to and engaging with customers where appropriate
Ready to grow your career in the music industry? Send in your application here.
QMUSIC PROGRAM MANAGER – QMUSIC (Brisbane)
Queensland music industry development association QMusic, which you may recognise for its annual BIGSOUND conference, is seeking an aspiring industry leader to take up the mantle of QMusic Program Manager on a full-time basis in Brisbane.
- Diverse networks in the music industry (ideally nationally)
- At least 5 years’ diverse experience in the music industry, and subject matter expertise in at least one discipline
- Experience managing events, or as a performer
- An appetite for exploring new music, learning new things and helping other people grow
- The personal qualities required to effectively work autonomously and as part of the team
- An understanding of the broader cultural issues currently faced by the Australian music industry
- Coordinate the delivery of the Industry Connects workshop series in collaboration with local partners and the national industry leaders that deliver the workshops
- Coordinate the judging process for the Queensland Music Awards
- Act as BIGSOUND Artist Liaison
- Administer the grants program QMusic manages on behalf of Arts Queensland (The Billy Thorpe Scholarship and the Grant McLennan Fellowship)
- Be an integral part of the team’s discussion and planning about the organisation’s full range of endeavours
If you’d like to apply, email a one-page cover letter and CV to Joel Edmondson at email@example.com by 5pm Sunday December 2.
Image via Pablo Heimplatz.