COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLICITY MANAGER - BLUESFEST BYRON BAY (Byron Bay)
Bluesfest Byron Bay is an iconic Australian festival, with previous lineups boasting the likes of Ms. Lauryn Hill, Kendrick Lamar and Bob Dylan, and is now entering into its 30th year in the idylic surrounds of Byron Bay. If you're a media savvy individual, read on - Bluesfest is looking for a new Communcations and Publicity Manager to take the reins for what looks set to be a big ol' 30th birthday bash next year in Byron.
- Multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Be highly organised/strong attention to detail
- Have a "no job is too big or too small" attitude
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient writing and editing skills
- Have proven PR and marketing experience
- Have strong media relations
- Willing to be available outside regular working hours
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Coordinating festival announcements, including liaising with media, ticket agencies, internal staff and artist management
- Writing artist announcements, press releases and artist bios, and managing approval process internally, as well as with artist management
- Writing, building and sending regular electronic news blasts to promote the festival and touring
- Planning and implementation of social media strategy and campaigns
- Working with external PR team to ensure maximum publicity opportunities for the festival and artists
- Assisting with pitches, and other supporting documents for corporate partnership opportunities
- Overseeing brand and communications, including website and social media
If this listing screams your name, please apply to Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org
HEAD OF TOURING - TEG LIVE (Sydney)
Ticketing conglomerate TEG Live is on the lookout for a brand new Head of Touring. Based in Sydney, this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will see the lucky candidate secure big deals, make big business, and hopefully make even bigger money. Ka-ching.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with a concert tour promoter.
- An extensive existing professional network across the Australian touring and entertainment industry or a strong international reputation.
- Well-developed commercial awareness, understanding business needs with expertise in the concert touring field and financial performance drivers
- An understanding and maintained knowledge base of live events; industry knowledge including extensive knowledge of event promotion, event management and financial management; ability to develop and monitor revenue and cost plans
- The ability to develop creative solutions to operational issues, adapting to changed situations or changes to client needs
- The ability to communicate directly with stakeholders on issues/requests related to tours and operational issues
- Effectively plan events/tours to ensure maximum positive returns to investors
- Coordinate all suppliers to deliver services within budgets and time frames
- Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Identify risks and strategies/tactics to mitigate against these on an event/tour basis
- Develop marketing strategies and schedules in conjunction with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Brief appropriate people to identify key requirements to develop a marketing proposal for event/tour campaigns
- Ensure information associated with the managing, promoting/marketing, ticketing and running of events is gathered, collated and disseminated to necessary parties.
- Complete post event/tour analysis to include financial evaluation
- Ensure compliance in areas including Consumer Laws, Privacy Laws, Ticketing Code of Practice, are adhered to
- Ensure standards of corporate governance and business ethics are maintained
- Ensure strong understanding of contractual terms and enforce contractual compliance overall
Interested? Click here for more information and details on how to apply.
ASSISTANT MUSIC PROGRAMMER - FOXTEL (Sydney)
Pay-TV market dominators Foxtel are seeking an Assistant Music Programmer to turn up their Sydney offices with the dankest of dunes and filthy fat beats. Predominantly working with [V], the lucky punter will also work with other channels to prepare content, maintain libraries, and complete channel logs.
- 2-3 years television or radio programming experience preferred but not essential
- Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience with Music Master, Dekocast, IBMS advantageous
- Strong attention to detail regarding data entry to minimise risk of error
- Strong people and communication skills essential
- Assist channels with scheduling and channel finalling as required, predominantly for [V]
- Run reports for music channels – closed caption, record label, Foxtel by mobile, Astra reports
- Enter content into Music Master for programmers as required
- Update and maintain Dekocast messaging and branding as required across various channels
- Maintain and execute closed captioning of clips across channels
- Liaise with promo team weekly regarding promo delivery & schedule channel promos as required
- Prep of schedules in IBMS as required to facilitate MCN and HWW
- Assist in preparation of content as required, e.g. breaks in shows
- Update and maintain artist image database across IQ3, MO and channel highlights
- Enter channel highlights into KPP System as required
If this sounds like your cup of tea, click here to apply.
MUSIC PUBLICIST - POSITIVE FEEDBACK (Sydney)
With a bunch of Aussie talent including POND, Confidence Man, Polish Club, Alison Wonderland and international stars such as Father John Misty and RL Grime under their belts, Positive Feedback is a boutique PR, management and communications agency specialising in music, arts and culture. Positive Feedback is currently accepting applications for a Music Publicist to jump onboard and work across a range of projects as the company expands globally.
- Have at least two years of relevant experience in public relations with strong media and industry contacts, a passion for music and the creative industries and a fundamental interest in developing careers and long-term strategies for an exceptional client base
- Gets along with the team and embodies a culture of wellness, fun, hard work, celebration, good people, inspiration, creativity, thinking outside the box, success, sustainability and growth
- Understands the value of hard work and professionalism and is able to transition seamlessly from attending industry and client events, shows and festivals to office-based tasks
- Full of integrity and highly ethical, loyal and driven by the manifesto of making good things happen for good people
- Organised, calm under pressure, fun and has a sense of humour
- Highly creative and emotionally intelligent, able to capitalise on clients’ unique passion points in order to create strategic promotional plans and long-term vision for clients and the business
- Productive, efficient and processes driven with high attention to detail
- International vision with expansive, big ideas
- Has strong relationships with media and industry and able to utilise their networks as well as creative promo plans and carefully considered strategy to achieve exceptional results for our client base
- Passionate about Positive Feedback’s ethos
- Account manage, strategise and run music focused publicity projects for Positive Feedback's roster
- Assist in developing the international PR arm of the business
- Assist in developing and expanding the domestic media database
- Manage publicity projects for national and international touring artists, local arts projects, events and a series of forthcoming culture-focused campaigns
- Be passionate about organisation, processes and communication with a strong attention to detail managing workflow across the board
- Be an exceptional communicator and have excellent people management skills – whether this be at creating collateral, reporting to clients, communicating with the Director or delegating to staff
- Use their own initiative and be creative – it is important that this person is independent but also actively collaborative
- Be committed, loyal and excited about the possibility of working hard to grow and nurture an agency with an international vision
- Be confident about being part of a small but growing posse of passionate, unique, hard working publicists
- Be as comfortable doing small admin jobs as creating global PR strategies for the roster. As a small agency, this person can’t be afraid to get their hands dirty and do whatever needs to be done to see the efficient running of the business
Don't delay - apply today. Send your cover letter and CV to Monique Rothstein at email@example.com
PR MANAGER - EVENTBRITE (Melbourne)
Ticketing and organisational legends Eventbrite are looking for a people person to take up a part-time role as PR Manager. Based in Melbourne, you'll be at the forefront of the organisational side of the company, connecting millions of punters to events worldwide.
- 4-6 years experience in communications, public relations or related field
- Agency experience not required, but a major plus
- Deep existing relationships within the Australian and New Zealand media landscape
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Detail-oriented with outstanding writing and copy editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Develop a robust news bureau program to ensure a steady drumbeat of press coverage in the AU/NZ markets. You will be responsible for pitching stories to a broad range of media, including business, tech, consumer, local and trade press
- Produce and maintain the nuts and bolts of communications operations for the AU/NZ markets – including, press lists, track and document press coverage, etc.
- Manage speaker’s bureau for executives and team leaders in both Australia and New Zealand, including identifying key opportunities, overseeing the calendar, creating briefing docs, and drafting presentations as needed
- Partner with Global Head of Internal Communications to ensure the local team remains connected to the broader organisation, including content for global All Hands meetings and weekly company newsletter
- Collaborate with broader PR team to leverage product and partnership announcements relevant to AU/NZ markets
- Work closely with the local Marketing team to define and execute a PR strategy in support of building the Eventbrite brand in market
- Be on the front lines of all incoming or reactive press inquiries for AU/NZ with an appropriate sense of urgency and sound judgement
- Identify opportunities to amplify content and news across various channels and outlets
Click here to visit the company listing and find details on how to apply.