Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR - NICHE PRODUCTIONS (Sydney)
Niche Productions is one of Australia's leading tastemakers in the music industry, developing hyped international acts and capturing them at pivotal stages in their career to present to Australian audiences. They're currently on the hunt for an Operations Coordinator with an emphasis on the highest quality production and promotion results to join their Sydney offices.
- Experience in the music industry desired
- Bookkeeping experience desired
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Logistics tasks including managing flights and accomodation for artists and managing visas
- Event planning and management including scheduling, briefing support acts, ensuring production specs, assisting with worksheets, liasing with artists and management and coordinating sponsors
- Accounts including budgeting and invoicing
- Production including backline hire, lighting, fulfilling rider requests and booking personnel for shows
- Admin tasks, marketing and promotion and more.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday April 20.
A&R COORDINATOR - TMRW MUSIC (Sydney)
Formerly known as Ministry of Sound Australia, TMRW Music is currently looking for fresh talent to join their A&R team in Sydney.
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline
- Experience in a record label, artist management, event promotion setting, DJ’ing or similar
- Demonstrated understanding of online music portals
- Knowledge of music production software and terminology
- Passion for electronic, dance and indie music and a keen ear for discovering new talent
- Relationship and client management
- Problem solving to maintain internal and external stakeholder satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience in marketing products to specific audiences
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office – including intermediate Excel and Outlook skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Analytical mindset
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Effective time management
- Timely and proactive problem solving
- Can demonstrate initiative
- Identifying exciting new artists and upcoming trends
- Developing artists
- Curating remix packages
- Compiling release assets
- Creating promo plans for upcoming releases
- Assisting with marketing strategies and content ideas
- Researching and analysing market trends
- Creating and managing social media content for TMRW's labels and artists
- Ad hoc writing tasks including artist bios, album blurbs, company profiles and web content
Sounds good, right? Put your best foot forward and send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
COPYRIGHT AND ROYALTIES ADMINISTRATOR - BMG MUSIC RIGHTS MANAGEMENT (Sydney)
BMG is one of the world's biggest music publishing companies, and has risen to extraordinary ranks within the space of nine years in the industry. They've currently got a vacancy in their Sydney offices for a Copyright and Royalties expert to join immediately.
- Successful completion of commerical education
- Previous experience within the music industry
- Comfortable working in a team and communicating in an international environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and web based research
- Excellent attention to detail
- Supporting the copyright and royalties team in all departments, with key duties including song registration, royalty processing and contract administration
- Interacting with a wide range of professionals including songwriters, artists, collection societies and the global BMG team
- Undertaking autonomous research in internal and external databases
To capitalise on this opportunity, get in touch at email@example.com
JUNIOR DIGITAL CAMPAIGN MANAGER - BOLSTER. (Melbourne)
As a fast moving digital strategy, creative and product agency specialising in events, entertainment and lifestyle brands, Bolster. is certainly the kind of company to keep your eyes on. They're currently on the hunt for a graduate to join the team as a Digital Campaign Manager in Melbourne.
EVENT MANAGER - LEV VLASSENKO PIANO COMPETITION (Brisbane)
Occurring every two years in Brisbane, the Lev Vlassenko Piano Competition and Festival is a not-for-profit event providing the opportunity for aspiring concert pianists from Australia and New Zealand to compete in front of an international jury for substantial prize money. With the next competition scheduled for July 2019, the organisers are currently looking for an event manager to jump on board for a two-year part-time contract to help stage the internationally acclaimed festival.
- Have previous experience in event planning or management, preferably in the arts/music
- Be highly organised and with excellent administrative skills
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills
- Have above average computer skills including Excel, Word and Publisher or equivalent. Knowledge of website maintenance is desirable
- Be a self directed, self motivated worker able to progress work between Board meetings
- Planning, scheduling and production of all performance events including competition rounds, masterclasses, recitals and the “Little Lev” opportunity for young pianists
- Communication with key stakeholders including major partners, donors, volunteers and supporters
- Marketing and promotion to maximise the profile and profitability of the event
- Production of printed and online materials
- Administering processes for the selection of contestants
- Administer and support fundraising activities
- Provide regular updates and progress reports to the Board
To apply, send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday April 30.